Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Western Kentucky vs Navy

So the line is Navy -10 pts.

Navy ran all over Delaware for a total of 382 yards rushing and an average of 6.6 yards per rush.
    Western Kentucky played very well against the run against Kentucky and UK only had 78 yards rushing on 34 attempts. Navy was very efficient in closing out drives and getting touchdowns/field goals which Western Kentucky was not. Western Kentucky's offense looked very weak against UK, but their defense looks like it may be able to stop Navy.

Not really sure how this game pans out, but 10 pts seems like a sharp number, but may be a little high being that Western Kentucky is at home. The line opened at Navy -12 and has been bet down 2 points.

Anyone know much about this matchup?

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Comparing Navy's rushing attack to Kentucky probably isn't good. That Triple-Option is a bitch to stop when it's ran the way Navy runs it. I watched the Kentucky game and more than a couple of times I saw the Wildcat backs practically stop at the point of contact. I can't imagine Navy's back running that weak either.

Now the good thing I saw out of Western Kentucky was up front. Kentucky had a size advantage on one the offensive line but the Hilltopper's didn't give an inch and actually out maned them for much of the game. I think defensively Western Kentucky can compete but the offense worries me.

I listed this game as Western Kentucky as an opinion but it could easily get away from them if Navy is on their game.

manofsteal
    manofsteal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

I'm a UK fan and I can assure you, Navy's run attack will be much better than UK. UK offense may have had size up front against WKU but they're not a very good O-line. WKU's defense looked good against what might be the weakest offense in the SEC right now.

Also, WKU is pretty one-dimensional with Rainey and I'm thinking they rely on him more and more as the season progresses. It may be an easy prep week for Navy if all they have to stop is one guy.