Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

The pick-six ocurred on 4th down

For my fellow Miami +4 backers, what makes the loss even more frustrating is that Moriss threw the pick-six on 4th down. In other words, we were one play away from the cover.

Just wanted to rub salt in the wound, since I'm now shit-faced and miserable. Enjoy.

BubbleTeaJelly
    BubbleTeaJelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1136

we'll get em again next time brother! keep it up, n/h

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Terrible way to lose. Good luck on the next one.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Whatever. Miami was lucky to even be that close.

I mean, it does suck for Miami backers but it was a degen game anyway.

cowboyfan08
    cowboyfan08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Shit happens u know how it goes, ive also won like that before!gettem this weekend bro!really liken them cocks-3

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Whatever. Miami was lucky to even be that close.
    Yeah, Miami was lucky to fumble right into an O-lineman's hands in the 1H and have it returned for a TD. Lots of luck there.

Both teams moved the ball with ease, but Miami had more penalties and gave up 14 points on turnovers. Ballgame.

Machine Choice

Now i just watched the play again on DVR. Oh man, the announcers were all over Maryland -4. They practically had an orgasm after the pick-six. Also, two Miami players had a chance to tackle the guy, but they let him pass. Why? Throw that fukker on the ground! He just intercepted the QB, at least get a hat on him!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Now i just watched the play again on DVR. Oh man, the announcers were all over Maryland -4. They practically had an orgasm after the pick-six. Also, two Miami players had a chance to tackle the guy, but they let him pass. Why? Throw that fukker on the ground! He just intercepted the QB, at least get a hat on him!
    Even the Maryland coach said he should of dropped to the ground, so they could end the game. Which he should of.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

The announcers weren't all over Maryland -4. Are you kidding me! They are supposed to act like that in a pick 6 to seal the victory. What did you expect them to say. ****, Maryland just scored?

Geez.

As for Miami letting Maryland score, i thought it was brilliant. It allowed them to get the ball back with a slim chance. Otherwise game was over.

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    The announcers weren't all over Maryland -4. Are you kidding me! They are supposed to act like that in a pick 6 to seal the victory. What did you expect them to say. ****, Maryland just scored?

Geez.

As for Miami letting Maryland score, i thought it was brilliant. It allowed them to get the ball back with a slim chance. Otherwise game was over.
    Yeah, I know you're right.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Just let it go Machine Choice. Stop ruminating on what could have been, it won't change the outcome. Leave this game behind and move on.

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Because tackling him ended the game

Letting him score set up and unlikely missed XP, TD, 2PT Conversion.

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Just let it go Machine Choice. Stop ruminating on what could have been, it won't change the outcome. Leave this game behind and move on.
    I spent alot of time today handicapping this game. At least three hours. Then it plays out almost exactly like I expect, only to see this. I am trying to let it go, but it will take whiskey. I am almost there. Need about 10 more minutes

TwoWays

I spent alot of time today handicapping this game. At least three hours. Then it plays out almost exactly like I expect, only to see this. I am trying to let it go, but it will take whiskey. I am almost there. Need about 10 more minutes
    Good to hear. I played Miami and the over, so that pick really hurt. But you know as much as I do that this crud happens all the time in games to determine the outcome of a cover.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Good to hear. I played Miami and the over, so that pick really hurt. But you know as much as I do that this crud happens all the time in games to determine the outcome of a cover.
    had miami and the over, too. pushed and surrendered the juice. f@#k!

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22623

Miami gave up 2 def. Tds final secs of both halves. BS the canes were the right play. The lucky bastards that took the terps wont have the same results, betting favs, the rest of the season. If i could send a shot of pendelton i would. Thanx

cutlerfan
    cutlerfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

You had it capped right, just shitty break. I loaded up on the Canes as I thought it was a perfect spot for them. I remember losing several games this way in my long career, but only once have I won this way. Oh well, couple days off then back at it. Machine, how are you in NFL?

iLogan
    Go Steelers!
    iLogan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by shopbar picks View Post
    Miami gave up 2 def. Tds final secs of both halves. BS the canes were the right play. The lucky bastards that took the terps wont have the same results, betting favs, the rest of the season. If i could send a shot of pendelton i would. Thanx
    Agreed, and that was incredibly lucky. I liked the over but didn't play it. Oh well, marking loss in spreadsheet...

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

it was kind of a degen game. a coin flipper. it felt like it was gonna be a coin flipper before i bet it, and i bet it anyway, and it was a coin flipper with no edge. gotta stop that. it was pretty exciting though until i lost.
    Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave face 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tackling him would have ended the game.

If you let him score, you at least get a chance to get the ball back and hope for a miracle.

Not saying the Miami players had that mentality, i'm just giving you a reason why someone wouldn't make the tackle in that situation.

+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Even the Maryland coach said he should of dropped to the ground, so they could end the game. Which he should of.

I think it's crazy to say he shouldnt have housed it. The only way the game isn't over anyways is with a missed extra point (which isn't his fault). Not to mention that he just picked a pass the crowd is going wild and he saw the endzone. Of course he's going in, and for the coach to pull him aside and bitch at him for that right after the play is even more infuriating. Congratulate the kid for ending the game then go back later and say hey next time in that situation try and go down because crazy things can happen....but great job. Now that's teaching, what he did was B.S.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

no they could have got a hail mary td, then 2pt conversion to tie it and send it to OT. 24 -32, 8 pts swings happen once in a while. but you know, they're college kids, they were excited, fuk it it's not NFL or anything

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

no mention of Maryland's INT in the endzone already up 7-0, missed 20 yard FG in the 4th, the 4 FGs they settled for, or Miami's 40 yard TD run in mid 2nd quarter

total yards:

Maryland 499
    Miami 367

Maryland outplayed Miami enough to win by 10

keep feeling sorry for yourselves

TwoWays

Not feeling sorry for myself or anyone at all. You can not watch most games and know that the outcome of your bet will be determined by one or two plays at the end of the game. Most games capped come pretty close to the line and total by the end of the game. The ups and downs teams have during the beginning and middle portion seem to almost always balance out, so there's no use in saying if only this or that should have happened earlier in the game then the outcome would have been in your favor. Really, if Maryland was perceived to be clear winners then the line would have been set higher than 4. The line was set at Maryland -4 in the end and Maryland had a chance to win by 5, win by 2, lose by 1, lose by 4-6, or win by 8-9...one outcome which was determined by a key play in the end. So the -4 line in favor of Maryland ended up being pretty much dead on.

fud007
    fud007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I am a poker player who just recently started betting on sports. Ive noticed there are many similarities with the two. You have ups and downs in poker just like you have ups and downs in betting on ball games. The trick is to make the 'right' play more often than the 'wrong' play and you WILL make money in the long haul. In your opinion you got your money into the pot with the best hand only to get sucked out on on the river. It happens, its called variance, just keep up the hard work and you will be a winner at the end of the season!!

keemosabi
    keemosabi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2268

Machine, I know it hurts because of how long it takes you to cap games, but just know that you're effort is very much appreciated by me, since I am so new to gambling. I'm very inexperienced, and being able to read your write-ups not only teaches me a lot but also helps me make money. I can't speak for others, but I hope they are as appreciative of your work as I am, and one unfortunate loss doesn't change that. I'm aware that what I said doesn't change the result of the game, but I just wanted you to know that someone as knowledgeable as you is very appreciated.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

didnt you have syracuse and get extremely lucky in that game? look at it as variance evening out and move on.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2476

when u play .u dont think about going to the ground.u just run until u get tackled