MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Walulu View Post
    also, how is overrated as usual? They haven't been ranked in a long time. Their D has been tough last several games goin back to last year. There is a point to prove this weekend. D Rob had a huge gm last yr and I don't think it happens again.
    Maybe not ranked, but you'll hear a few guys on ESPN every year saying how Notre Dame will win 9 or 10 games.....it never fails

I don't believe the correct team is favored here......Michigan fresh and fired up under their new coach who I like alot along with their Heisman-caliber QB leading them. Michigan has the confidence edge as they beat ND last season on the road and now the game is at night in the Big House.

Notre Dame is coming off a bad loss at home and are already playing musical chairs at the QB position.....Morale is possibly low or they could be focused and ready for Saturday coming off the loss......However, I am positive Michigan is 100% ready to roll Saturday night and that is why I am betting them

GL

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Only elite teams are worthy to be favorites at the Big House!

The "Big House" hasn't been relevant since Carr left. Even then, just ask App. State how difficult it is to win there.

Don't bet on prior perception. Public loves betting Notre Dame, yet Vegas gives us a user-friendly Michigan line that makes the public drool all over the Wolverines? Come on. Think.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Notre Dame is rated considerably higher than Michigan and the whole musical chairs thing probably wont even come into effect this year as Michigan doesnt have a good enough defense IMO that should cause any QB shuffling. Only thing Id be concerned about is that this game is on the road and we know what happens when teams play on the road in these kind of games, teams seem to play within the point spread.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Notre Dame is rated considerably higher than Michigan and the whole musical chairs thing probably wont even come into effect this year as Michigan doesnt have a good enough defense IMO that should cause any QB shuffling. Only thing Id be concerned about is that this game is on the road and we know what happens when teams play on the road in these kind of games, teams seem to play within the point spread.
    They are?

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    They are?
    Yes they are.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Yes they are.
    You mean right now or preseason?

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You mean right now or preseason?
    Right now according to power ratings, though that means nothing to me this early in the season.11

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Maybe not ranked, but you'll hear a few guys on ESPN every year saying how Notre Dame will win 9 or 10 games.....it never fails

I don't believe the correct team is favored here......Michigan fresh and fired up under their new coach who I like alot along with their Heisman-caliber QB leading them. Michigan has the confidence edge as they beat ND last season on the road and now the game is at night in the Big House.

Notre Dame is coming off a bad loss at home and are already playing musical chairs at the QB position.....Morale is possibly low or they could be focused and ready for Saturday coming off the loss......However, I am positive Michigan is 100% ready to roll Saturday night and that is why I am betting them

GL

Your Heisman caliber QB at the little house still has to prove to me he is capable of running a pro style offense. I agree i like Hoke but this team is still very new to a system that doesnt really highlight his QB's best attributes. Personally after the collapse at ND last weekend not only do i think it is better for them to be playing this game at the little house i also believe they will be the more motivated bunch, throw in a better defense, better playmakers on the outside, and now Crist garbage as out of the mix and i really like ND in this spot, would prefer to get them at -3 so hoping it get there.

I hate ND by the way and certainly didnt bet them against usf and rarely do, but am thrilled they lost that gm and the way this one sets up.....either way at least some of us will cash, should be a good one

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Anyone that did their HW knew that USF was going to be trouble for the Irish. Heck, Phil Steele picked USF to win the Big East. That should tell you something. The delays didn't help matters either. The Irish are too good to lose two in a row and will be out for revenge. Kelly, although a prick, is a master mind. He won't let them go down. ND 35 MICH 21.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Maybe it's because Notre Dame is a better team and people are over-analyzing 2 games?

craigpb
    craigpb's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8006

Could be Michigan but with ND being more popular and having a fluky 5 TOs, most in the red zone, it isn't surprising. ND still almost came back to win while Michigan played a really bad team.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    As others have posted, the reason for the line being what it is, is because Michigan has no defense.

If true, over might be the play. Robinson likely to put points on a suspect ND defense as well.

mafioso
    mafioso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Everywhere I go, Everything I read is Michigan Michigan Michigan, Well, thats how I like it, Give me Notre Dame.

Notre dame wins every catogory stats wise
    O-line vs D-line
    RB vs D-line and Line Backers
    WR vs secondary
    and on the flip side Notre dame has the edge defensivly in every statistic catogory, add to that Mich won last week in what looked to be a big blowout and Notre dame lost and they are a favorite this week.

Notre Dame all day long all day strong

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

notre dame is always over rated and anyone betting on them will pay a premium the books know they have a huge following and a lot of people like betting ND.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie-Capper View Post
    notre dame is always over rated and anyone betting on them will pay a premium the books know they have a huge following and a lot of people like betting ND.
    Exactly!

phillysfinest4
    phillysfinest4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 834

Backing the Irish. USF stole one only because of 5 turnovers. Brian K won't let the same thing happen again in week 2.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe those of you so worried about it being a "trap" should bet on something else. there are like 50th threads on this game where people are saying they dont understand the line.

I am taking Irish as one of my biggest plays on the week. No disrespect to Michigan, but I am pretty sure their defense didnt suddenly turn into a top 25 defense after last year. they will get there...not yet though

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    Maybe those of you so worried about it being a "trap" should bet on something else. there are like 50th threads on this game where people are saying they dont understand the line.

I am taking Irish as one of my biggest plays on the week. No disrespect to Michigan, but I am pretty sure their defense didnt suddenly turn into a top 25 defense after last year. they will get there...not yet though
    Vin nailed it.

Michigan's defense was among the bottom 5---WORST in 1-A football. They were horrific.

ND put up 535 yards on them last year------with Nate Montana playing the first half, and Dayne Crist playing the second.

Michigan didn't become LSU overnight.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    Vin nailed it.

Michigan's defense was among the bottom 5---WORST in 1-A football. They were horrific.

ND put up 535 yards on them last year------with Nate Montana playing the first half, and Dayne Crist playing the second.

Michigan didn't become LSU overnight.
    For the most part you are correct here. Christ led them down the field and got hurt while scoring a TD on the opening drive. Rees played next and was benched for Montana after he threw a pick on his first pass attempt. Christ returned int he second half and played well.

I agree that the defense won't be LSU overnight, or even top 25 for that matter. However they will be vastly improved this year. Just the upgrade to Mattison at D-coordinator will/has made a difference. And when I say vastly impoved, I mean from 115th to in the 70s somewhere. They played a lot of true freshmen last year so they are more experienced this year. From watching last week's game, I saw one huge improvement in the defense...tackling fundamentals. They were no missed tackles...a major problem that led to big plays last year. That being said...WMU moved the ball with ease the first two drives, so issues still clearly exist.

One main factor that is being overlooked is the fact that ND's defense is average at best. You can spit out the yardage numbers from last week if you want...but A.) USF's offense is no prize and B.) Those numbers are skewed by short fields and TDs resulting off of turnovers.

The real wildcard is Michigan's offense. They only had the ball for 4 offensive drives last game because of 2 defensive touchdowns. It has yet to be seen how Robinson will transtion to pro-style from the spread option. ND's defense is no prize, so UM should be able to move the ball and put up points.

With all that being said...I agree with Vin and Martin. Not because of anything that happened last week really, simply because ND is the better overall team. I also like Rees starting...he was 4-0 as a starter last year. He can at least move a little...Christ is a friggin statue with a bum knee. I am going to this game so I can't bet agains tmy team, but ND is clearly better and is the play. Then again I said the same thing last year and was wrong. Just my 2 cents. BOL

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post
    For the most part you are correct here. Christ led them down the field and got hurt while scoring a TD on the opening drive. Rees played next and was benched for Montana after he threw a pick on his first pass attempt. Christ returned int he second half and played well.

I agree that the defense won't be LSU overnight, or even top 25 for that matter. However they will be vastly improved this year. Just the upgrade to Mattison at D-coordinator will/has made a difference. And when I say vastly impoved, I mean from 115th to in the 70s somewhere. They played a lot of true freshmen last year so they are more experienced this year. From watching last week's game, I saw one huge improvement in the defense...tackling fundamentals. They were no missed tackles...a major problem that led to big plays last year. That being said...WMU moved the ball with ease the first two drives, so issues still clearly exist.

One main factor that is being overlooked is the fact that ND's defense is average at best. You can spit out the yardage numbers from last week if you want...but A.) USF's offense is no prize and B.) Those numbers are skewed by short fields and TDs resulting off of turnovers.

The real wildcard is Michigan's offense. They only had the ball for 4 offensive drives last game because of 2 defensive touchdowns. It has yet to be seen how Robinson will transtion to pro-style from the spread option. ND's defense is no prize, so UM should be able to move the ball and put up points.

With all that being said...I agree with Vin and Martin. Not because of anything that happened last week really, simply because ND is the better overall team. I also like Rees starting...he was 4-0 as a starter last year. He can at least move a little...Christ is a friggin statue with a bum knee. I am going to this game so I can't bet agains tmy team, but ND is clearly better and is the play. Then again I said the same thing last year and was wrong. Just my 2 cents. BOL
    Actually that is the best evaluation of the game/teams I have seen so far.

Solid job.

First 12