Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Machine Report: Miami at Maryand

Machine Plays: 3-1

How will the suspensions affect Miami's offense? Unaffected, if not better. If you take QB Stephen Moriss's stats from last year and project them over a full season (he only played 5 1/2 games LY) he throws for 3,000 yards and is a top tier QB. In the bowl game vs Notre Dame he completed 22-33 for 285 yards. Jacory Harris did not play in Miami's win vs Maryland last year. Miami's running game is going to take a step up this year; the duo of Miller and James (neither are suspended) are both back and they throttled Maryland last year on the ground for 218 yards. UM'a O-line is a veteran, mammoth group and none are suspended.

How will the suspensions affect Miami's defense? This is where the hammer will fall. Miami loses its entire 2-deep at one DT spot and one DE spot, and loses its backups at the other two spots. Stud linebacker Spence (2nd-leading tackler) is out, and so is potential all-ACC SS Ray-Ray Armstrong.

In last year's matchup Miami killed Maryland in every statistical category and the scoreboard should have reflected a blow-out, except that Morris was picked twice by Maryland's Wujciak (gone this year). Has the performance gap closed with these suspensions? Normally I would say yes, except that Maryland loses 70% of its offensive receptions with the loss of WR's Smith and Cannon. They do get back RB Meggett, and he averaged 5.7 ypc.

What will happen this year? Both teams will be able to run the ball, and both coaches are pre-disposed to that based on what they did at their last schools. Expect alot of rushing. Maryland's QB does not make mistakes, but he also does not air it out, throwing underneath constantly. With the loss of his top 2 receivers, don't expect that to change. Miami's Morris will use the run to set up some bombs, one of which could be a game-changer.

X-Factor: Randy Shannon was the problem at Miami, and his departure immediately makes Miami better. Al Golden will bring out the best in the blue-chip athletes and will have Miami in a BCS bowl within three years. The transition begins tonight in a sloppy slugfest. Expect Miami to play with a chip on its shoulder in front of a sell-out crowd.

MIAMI +4
    Last edited by Machine Choice; 09-05-11 at 04:45 PM.
    Points Awarded:

suicidekings gave Machine Choice 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Balco10 gave Machine Choice 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jayc63 gave Machine Choice 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: supaflix

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

like it-

keemosabi
    keemosabi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2268

Great write-up machine. Do you use the HG money management system here?

aiciak
    aiciak's Avatar Become A Pro!

My First play of the season: Miami ML +160 - 1 Unit

Lazyboy311
    Lazyboy311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Great write-up as always Machine. Glad to see you back again this year...here's to hoping trolls and haters don't come knocking like last year.

I agree with the prediction of a run-heavy game, and the weather forecast only makes me more confident...in addition, the rain should knock out whatever advantage Terp's would have had in the air with O'Brien.

Cane's +4 and small ML play here. BOL all

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

great write up and totally agree!!!! miami +4

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

JVIGuy1
    JVIGuy1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

I said it before on another thread...MIAMI + the points...system switch play... 59% winning percentage in the last 11 years...I'm new...but you'll be hearing from me...

jayc63
    jayc63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2361

Great write-up Machine...validates what I was thinking.

Thanks again and good luck.

BubbleTeaJelly
    BubbleTeaJelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1136

great write up brother, let's get it!

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

good stuff machine

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Tough one- that should of cashed

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    Tough one- that should of cashed
    In first half, Miami's fumble right into the O-lineman's arm and he rumbled into the end-zone...I knew then my play was doomed.

The pick-six at the end actually did not surprise me. On to Thursday.