og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

Interesting game tonight...here is my take

Miami Fl @ Maryland: Miami +4

Lots of controversy surrounding this game and I am happy about that because we are getting a very nice line on the university of Miami Florida. Line opened at -5 for Miami Fl and after all the suspensions settled Miami lost 2 starters on offense and 5 on defense. This will be a tough situation but I see Miami and new coach Al Golden rising to the occasion much like LSU did over the weekend.

First of all suspended QB Jacory Harris is a bettors nightmare based on his propensity for turnovers, but since the sophomore Stephen Morris is taking his place I feel much better and this is the same QB who led the game winning drive last year against the Terps and scored a 35 yard touchdown with 37 seconds left.

Main idea on this game is to not get too focused on all the negativity surrounding Miami and realize that they have the better athletes and are a top notch program with top notch recruits. Miami has only been a road dog of 7 pts or less just once in the last 3 years. This team is loaded with talent as they do their recruiting in some of the most fertile land in our nation. I'll go with the better athletes in a buy low sell high opportunity and fade public perception that Miami is without their top players, because there is always someone else waiting in the wings especially at a school like Miami Florida.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed. Miami is not a team whose success is propped up by a few players. They have a solid program and a deep team. The line has moved too far, and the value is with Miami.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 09-05-11 at 11:05 AM.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Miami is longer a top notch program and they no longer get top recruits.

There is a big difference between LSU and Miami. LSU is a top program that is deep everywhere. LSU's second string would beat Miami.

Lmao. This isn't 2000 Miami bud. This team was .500 last year and got killed by Notre Dame!

Books are begging you to bet the brand name.

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Books are definitely NOT begging you to bet Miami

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

yes no comparison between LSU and Miami with respect to the team talent but the situation is similar. Just look at it from a common sense point of view...Miami vs Maryland who has the better athletes and better recruits?

Miami has the us against the world mentality right now and that is a intangible factor that is hard to find with the team you are betting on.

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck tonight guys!

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    yes no comparison between LSU and Miami with respect to the team talent but the situation is similar. Just look at it from a common sense point of view...Miami vs Maryland who has the better athletes and better recruits?

Miami has the us against the world mentality right now and that is a intangible factor that is hard to find with the team you are betting on.
    We're also not really talking about a powerhouse in Maryland here... It's hard not to look at the Terps and see a likely regression in 2011 after several small margin wins and a +15 TO margin (4th highest) in 2010. They will NOT be a 9-4 team again this season.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

wanna play the U but getting sick of these gms getting called early and isnt weather supposed to be bad tonight?

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Miami is longer a top notch program and they no longer get top recruits. There is a big difference between LSU and Miami. LSU is a top program that is deep everywhere. LSU's second string would beat Miami. Lmao. This isn't 2000 Miami bud. This team was .500 last year and got killed by Notre Dame! Books are begging you to bet the brand name.
    Sorry about your beat.

A little bad luck there at the end but that same time, Maryland was the better team and should have been up a lot more with the way they move the ball all over the field.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Sorry about your beat.

A little bad luck there at the end but that same time, Maryland was the better team and should have been up a lot more with the way they move the ball all over the field.

I'll admit that Maryland capitalized on opportunities nicely, but this seems like a pretty overblown statement when we're talking about a game that was won on the strength of two interceptions for TDs in the final seconds of the first and second halves. Tough loss, but I don't feel bad about having played the Hurricanes tonight.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I'll admit that Maryland capitalized on opportunities nicely, but this seems like a pretty overblown statement when we're talking about a game that was won on the strength of two interceptions for TDs in the final seconds of the first and second halves. Tough loss, but I don't feel bad about having played the Hurricanes tonight.
    Fair enough. That's a pretty logical analysis.

Miami wasn't that bad of a play tonight so it wasn't a bad bet. That being said, I still feel like Maryland is at least 4 points better than Miami on their home field.

sean1981
    sean1981's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Fair enough. That's a pretty logical analysis.

Miami wasn't that bad of a play tonight so it wasn't a bad bet. That being said, I still feel like Maryland is at least 4 points better than Miami on their home field.
    I think Miami was a solid play tonight, especially when the line swung to +4. Am I bitter that an utterly senseless INT swung the game for me? Yep. Am I even more upset that the guy took it to the house instead of kneeling out the clock or getting tackled? You Betcha.

Still, Miami didn't deserve to be within two touchdowns of Maryland all night. If Miami squeaked out the victory with the points, it would have been on the back of an end zone INT and a missed field goal from inside 30 yards by the Terps.