goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Week 2: Notre Dame at Michigan

Don't be fooled by the "few lucky bounces" Michigan got last game, this team still sucks.

If it wasn't for ND beating themselves with 5 turnovers they beat USF.

Take the Irish.

homosayswhat
    homosayswhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

ND blows too...5 turnovers? there is a reason they had 5 turnovers...they suck....that is awful. GL though...but neither one of these teams could fight their way out of a wet paper bag...

ji03
    ji03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

I'm liking the Irish depending on the line, but I'd rather see Rees instead of Crist.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

ND is really, really weak at QB, just like they were for most of last year. That being said I still thought Michigan's defense was more "opportunistic" than good yesterday, meaning they need to force turnovers in order to win the game. Michigan's new offense is going to look really, really conservative for a while until they get a QB with deep ball accuracy.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

both programs looked too shaky yesterday, either team getting 4 should be the play

timmyboy34243
    eaglesphan
    timmyboy34243's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17300

they just gave them 5 turnovers, damn they're generous.............wish usf could have done something to earn the W...............ty domers...........

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wait a minute, ND is weak at QB? Tommy Rees completed 71% of his passes when he came in, threw for 300 yards alone in the second half and he generated 3 tds.

Notre Dame had 508 total yards of offense to South Florida's 254.

Notre Dame had almost 30 first downs.

You can not handicap turnovers---and they are part of the game. But, if you watched the ND game---you need to be a little honest here. 3 of the turnovers were gifts to South Florida----one Dayne Crist lobbed a ball directly to the South Florida defender, another hit a ND WR in his head, bounced into the air and fell into a USF defender's arms.

Then---ND's kicker who has missed one FG his entire career-----misses a chip shot from 29 yards out.

That is all part of the game, but I don't think ND is going to be handing out mistakes like that again.

If you are a ND fan---there are some positives. South Florida averaged less than 3 ypc yesterday, and ND's defense only gave up 3.5 yards per play---that is very good.

But the penalties and turnover have to stop.

Mw1264
    Mw1264's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

sure Michigan didn't look as good as we were all expecting but it was the first game of the season and they have two defensive touchdowns and some monstrous hits. Don't get me wrong they looked very sloppy the first half, but then composed themselves and started to play like a team, and it's not like we got to see the whole game we only got midway through the 3rd,(unlike nd who would delay 2 hours just to have a chance to win at home). Denard looked pretty good running the ball and sure he threw some bad passes but the rain was a factor. Also it is Michigans first game ever under the lights, do you know how electric the crowd is going to be. Spread will be 3.5 to ND but Michigan is my play here

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mw1264 View Post
    sure Michigan didn't look as good as we were all expecting but it was the first game of the season and they have two defensive touchdowns and some monstrous hits. Don't get me wrong they looked very sloppy the first half, but then composed themselves and started to play like a team, and it's not like we got to see the whole game we only got midway through the 3rd,(unlike nd who would delay 2 hours just to have a chance to win at home). Denard looked pretty good running the ball and sure he threw some bad passes but the rain was a factor. Also it is Michigans first game ever under the lights, do you know how electric the crowd is going to be. Spread will be 3.5 to ND but Michigan is my play here
    I'll say this---Robinson is more electric than BJ Daniels is at QB, but I think South Florida has a much faster defense than Michigan.

If you are a Michigan fan, I would avoid this game like the plague. Same with ND. No reason to play it.