lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Question about Kent State /Alabama game

Alabama is -38 and the total is 47.

Is kent state tt under 6 a lock?

AzNsEnSaTiOn
    AzNsEnSaTiOn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Kent St is most likely not gonna score in this game. Bama will have their way with this team early. Im thinkin a final score somewhere around 45-0. Maybe a FG at most for Kent St, but you never, sh*t teams like this tend to get lucky TDs last minute. I would think Bama 1H would be the best play for this game.

Reds_FAN
    Reds_FAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Kent State has nine starters returning on offense, including the QB. I think Over 6 is a lock IMO.

lakerboy

I honestly dont see kent state scoring here

Reds_FAN

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I honestly dont see kent state scoring here
    What makes you say that?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Reds_FAN View Post
    What makes you say that?
    THe total is too low in comparison to the spread. No hook on kent state tt of 6 indicates to me they have no shot at anything more than a fg but its football and a lucky bounce caa change that

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under tt 6 is so risky, anything can happen in garbage time when bamas up 50-0 in the 4th.

Reds_FAN

I think the O/U is much too low IMO. I would love to take the Over here. Kent State, though coming from the MAC, has a good shot at getting points on the board. But the defense is going to be terrible.

Over here.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I'm on the O47 but do worry a little bit about a about a low 40's-3 score. Whether Kent scores over 6 isn't really the issue to me because I think Bama can get close to or over the total themselves.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah and Bama returns what? 10 starters on defense? This is without a doubt the best defense in the country in my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds_FAN View Post
    Kent State has nine starters returning on offense, including the QB. I think Over 6 is a lock IMO.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Over is the play!!

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

keep in mind this important factor Saban played for Kent State, I think he calls off the dogs early.

ImmaBammer12
    ImmaBammer12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Yeah, ontop of that, Kent State Players were out in Tuscaloosa helping to rebuild homes and such this week. Nick and Terry Saban both showed up to say thanks and help out as well. I honestly don't feel that Nick would run up the score but I don't think he'll be able to control much of what his players do. With a shootout between his two QB's who knows where this will go.

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

I would be worried about BAMAs drives all being 8+ minutes, just grinding the ball to eat up clock and set the f_uck out of town. They won't be taking shots at the end zone, they'll just line up and drag the ball 3.5 yards and punt if they need to. They have nothing to prove here and KENT ST really may not get many first downs let alone score. Think UCLA/STANFORD last year, 35-0.

homosayswhat
    homosayswhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

well my thoughts...if the OVER somes it will be a back door one... Kent has a decent QB but with the same D returing for BAMA they will be very challenged to score....VERY....

BAMA always starts the season with a trickle like quest to an OVER....the scores are spread out and you must watch the entire game with white knuckles to get your money...if you do at all

I see the same thing here...slow...drawn out... alot of running by both teams...BAMA wins...but I have it at 37-7....

Be careful..and GL

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by Aces View Post
    keep in mind this important factor Saban played for Kent State, I think he calls off the dogs early.
    He called off the dogs early against his good friends at Michigan State too....49-7. Saban also teaches to play relentless and is trying to find a QB meaning he may air the ball out a little and see what he has got.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaBammer12 View Post
    Yeah, ontop of that, Kent State Players were out in Tuscaloosa helping to rebuild homes and such this week. Nick and Terry Saban both showed up to say thanks and help out as well. I honestly don't feel that Nick would run up the score but I don't think he'll be able to control much of what his players do. With a shootout between his two QB's who knows where this will go.

From what they said on Saban's radio show the other nite at least some if not the whole traveling team have been here most of the summer !!

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Plus Kent St is Saban's Alma mater. I don't see them running the score up. I'm taking Kent St for 1 unit.