throwit3
    throwit3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Throwit3's College Football Thread

Follow this thread all year for my college football picks! Will always include a write up with my plays! If you have any questions please post and I will answer. Week one:

Play of the week!
    Indiana -6 @ Ball State (Lucas Oil Stadium)
    The Kevin Wilson era begins for IU at Lucas Oil Stadium. Wilson has yet to name his starting quarterback. It looks like sophs Edward Wright-Baker and Dusty Keil are the two favorites for the job. Don't be surprised to see true freshman Tre Roberson get some snaps either. The Hoosiers look fairly strong on defense. At DT Repogle and Larry Black will make it difficult for opponents to run. Black is in the top tier of Big Ten D-Lineman. They start two seniors at LB and have two 5th year seniors at safety. Wilson is going to put up some points on offense regardless of who the QB is. Belcher is a playmaker for IU at WR. D. Wilson is questionable for this game as he has been battling injuries in camp. And D. Willis is suspended at RB for the first game. Ball St is coming off a 3 win year and a coaching change. The projected starting RB Eric Williams has transfered out of the program. They gave up 30.4 points per game on defense a year ago. Wilson needs to start his career at IU with a win. Virginia is coming to town next week which is not an automatic win. He would not have suspended Willis if he didn't feel confident about this game. Losing to in-state MAC team would be an awful way to start off his IU career. Indiana is not great, but Ball State is dreadful! I see this as a 20+ point win for Indiana. I'm taking Indiana -6 for 3 units.

Ohio -7 @ New Mexico State
    Ohio is coming off of a 8-4 year while NMS went 1-11 a year ago. Frank Solich runs a solid program at Ohio and they are always going to be competitive. Ohio returns all 5 starting O-Lineman from a year ago. This fits right into Ohio's hands as Solich LOVES to run the football. They are going to a no huddle offense this year to try and get more offensive snaps which I think shows they can put up points. There will be 4 new starters on the D-Line for Ohio, but New Mexico State is starting a true soph at QB that struggled last year. Ohio is a top MAC team and NMS is a celler dwellar in the WAC. Taking Ohio -7 for 1 unit.

Good Luck this weekend!

throwit3

Indiana still hasn't named their starting quarterback. I guess we will find out during the game tonight! I think IU is keeping it quiet because Wright-Baker is an athlete and Keil is a dropback QB. Ball State has had to be prepared for both all along. Probably splitting time on two different defensive gameplans. Indiana covers easily regardless!

throwit3

Ok Indiana got dominated up front by Ball State. Did not see that happening. Tough loss. 1-1 on the year and -2.3 units. Time to rebound this weekend. Favorite heavy this weekend:

Iowa -7 @ Iowa State 2 Units
    Iowa rolled over a D-1AA opponent like they should have. Iowa State struggled with Northern Iowa last week. UNI lead most of the game. This is a Rivalry game, but since 2003 Iowa has dominated this series.

San Diego State -10 @ Army 2 Units
    Army got blown out by Northern Illinois. San Deigo State returns a lot from last years bowl team. Also in the bowl game San Deigo State defended Navy's option attack very well. Rocky Long was the DC then and is the head coach now. SDSU rolls Army.

Mississippi St -6 @ Auburn 1 unit
    This goes against everything I believe in. Giving up points on the road in the SEC is not smart. However, Miss St. is a top team in the league and Auburn was lucky to beat lowly Utah State at home. Utah State scored 38 on Auburn god knows what Miss St. will do! Also, Miss St held Cam Newton and Auburn in check last year.... no Cam Newton this year. Take the Dogs!

Purdue -1.5 @ Rice 1 Unit
    I do not think Purdue is a good Big Ten team. However, it is Rice. Basically betting on Purdue to get the win here and they will. Terbush played well last week and they will do enough to get the win on the road.

Good luck!