DangerousOne
    DangerousOne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Nice start Martin... Gl this year

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

2-1-1???? I have 2-2? Did your book cancel your Notre Dame pick?

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL2424 View Post
    2-1-1???? I have 2-2? Did your book cancel your Notre Dame pick?
    Okay guys.....I will address this now.

Anyone---and not just me---any person betting on Western Michigan/Michigan game------had the game cancelled or pushed when the game was called in the 3rd quarter. It is a no-play.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I'm a big Martin Blank fan. Always have been.

Bravo to you, Martin Blank.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I'm a big Martin Blank fan. Always have been.

Bravo to you, Martin Blank.
    Thanks Op.

Appreciate that.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    All plays are one unit.

I burned through my bankroll pretty quickly in 2008 by being really undisciplined. I made a lot of mistakes by raising the value of my units--on plays I felt really strongly about---and sure as shit---those plays lost more often than not because I placed emotion in those plays.

When I used a standard 1-unit play---that was the recipe for me. One thing I do like to do is I will take a ML dog if the number is less than 3. If I like a team at +2.5, I don't find any value in buying the hook up to 3, or taking the 2.5. I just play the ML. I note the times I do that.

Thank Night Tripper--appreciate the comments.

Hope everyone has a profitable weekend.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Great strategy that I use myself. GL to you this season. New to the forum this year but have been a sports bettor for years. Love your posts and thread so will be checking back in often.

Enjoy your season and BOL to you!

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by Greyraptor View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. Great strategy that I use myself. GL to you this season. New to the forum this year but have been a sports bettor for years. Love your posts and thread so will be checking back in often.

Enjoy your season and BOL to you!
    Thanks Gray....Good luck, and I hope you cash 'em!

jayc63
    jayc63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2361

Nice day yesterday Martin...and good luck the rest of the season.

MartinBlank

Play #5. Stanford -20 (I just got it at Bookmaker)---was trying to be 21.

Play #6. Mississippi State -6 (Also got it at Bookmaker).

Season record to date: 2-1

AdamL2424

Really liking the stanford play

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

MB, I was wondering why you didnt make this a play . I assumed it was your best play on sep 3 ?? Just curious
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-26-14 at 02:36 PM.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Martin, how do you feel about 1st half bets? I'm really going to focus on them this year. I went 3-0 with them on sat. (thread around here somewhere). I don't want one good day to go to my head and make me think I have an edge but I got tired of being burned when a team lets up and allows the backdoor cover late in the 4th.

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0 View Post
    MB, I was wondering why you didnt make this a play . I assumed it was your best play on sep 3 ?? Just curious
    Good question Pete, and it was because of the injury to Dan Persa, Northwestern's starting QB. When it was announced he wasn't playing, I backed off of that one.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-26-14 at 02:36 PM.

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Martin, how do you feel about 1st half bets? I'm really going to focus on them this year. I went 3-0 with them on sat. (thread around here somewhere). I don't want one good day to go to my head and make me think I have an edge but I got tired of being burned when a team lets up and allows the backdoor cover late in the 4th.
    Nice start Dutch! 3-0. Very nice.

I like first half numbers. I don't list them as my official play, but you can find value in them, and you raise a great point about teams getting that shitty back door cover to beat your play.

That is something I always consider when I am shopping lines---and teams. Alabama for example, never takes their foot off the gas, so laying a number with them usually means I won't get that shitty last touchdown to beat my play.
    Other teams as well---LSU, Ohio State, and Boise.

But other teams notoriously give up scores like that----Penn State, USC, and Texas come to mind.

MartinBlank

Pick #7. Notre Dame -3.5. I am done with them if they don't lay one upside Michigan's head this weekend.

Pick #8. South Carolina -2.5

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Gl martin. It will be interested to see how mstate plays on the road vs au. I like mstate to win, but stayed away from the line. Gl bro.
    Last edited by cant call it; 09-06-11 at 12:13 PM. Reason: posted wrong home/away team-dumass

grind4moneyz
    grind4moneyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 993

Been following your thread and taking a peak at your picks.

I like the Stanford pick and took it this AM also. I don't see the line getting any better.

What's your thoughts on Tenn vs. Cincy? Hawaii vs Washington?
    Last edited by grind4moneyz; 09-06-11 at 12:34 PM.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pick #7. Notre Dame -3.5. I am done with them if they don't lay one upside Michigan's head this weekend.

Pick #8. South Carolina -2.5
    Good picks Martin at first glance. I hope you are right about ND since I LOATHE "that team up north". South Carolina -2' but I am gonna lay off of that one until I see more play from Georgia. GL buddy and I hope you hit!

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Notre Dame will roll Michigan. excellent pick.

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    Notre Dame will roll Michigan. excellent pick.
    Thanks Vin.....good luck to ya!

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

daprospecta
    daprospecta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Martin let me pick at your brain on the miss st pick. I haven't checked the line in a few hours but last time I did it was plus seven Aubie. I give Miss St all the credit in the world. They are moving in the right direction. In saying that I feel that asking them to go on the road in the SEC and beat any team other than Vandy and maybe Ole Miss by more than a score(if the line is 7 or more) is asking a bit too much. The SEC is a conference I've followed since I was 12 and in those 14 years I've seen teams compete night in and night out. I watched the entire Utah State Auburn game from start to finish and honestly I think these kids were smelling themselves as my junior high coach used to put it. I think they got caught looking forward to this game. Auburn isn't void of talent it's just young talent. I think playing in a game like the one last week helped them grow up quick. Do I think Auburn will win? Probably not but I think this game is close in the forth quarter. Just my thoughts.

Pete0
    --------------------

GL this week !!

I'm probably going to be the other side a good amount with ND

Mich should roll in that one.

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by daprospecta View Post
    Martin let me pick at your brain on the miss st pick. I haven't checked the line in a few hours but last time I did it was plus seven Aubie. I give Miss St all the credit in the world. They are moving in the right direction. In saying that I feel that asking them to go on the road in the SEC and beat any team other than Vandy and maybe Ole Miss by more than a score(if the line is 7 or more) is asking a bit too much. The SEC is a conference I've followed since I was 12 and in those 14 years I've seen teams compete night in and night out. I watched the entire Utah State Auburn game from start to finish and honestly I think these kids were smelling themselves as my junior high coach used to put it. I think they got caught looking forward to this game. Auburn isn't void of talent it's just young talent. I think playing in a game like the one last week helped them grow up quick. Do I think Auburn will win? Probably not but I think this game is close in the forth quarter. Just my thoughts.
    I can't argue with any of that DaP. As you said, Auburn is full of talent, it is just young talent. My selection of Mississippi State is based on a few things.

First and most important to me-----Utah State ran for 220 yards on Auburn. And Mississippi State is going to run the football. A lot. I could certainly understand Auburn's offense struggling, but the run defense---against a Utah State team that had one returning OL.

I think this is a perfect storm for MSU. This is their best team in a while, and Auburn is still finding their feet. If this were the 10th game of the season, I would probably lay off that number. In this spot, I just like Mississippi State.

Good luck!

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0 View Post
    GL this week !!

I'm probably going to be the other side a good amount with ND

Mich should roll in that one.
    The good news Pete----we have this one covered. One of us has to win, right?

GL this weekend!

ssk13809
    ssk13809's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Hahaha guy bets COLLEGE football. So not a pro.

And he thinks 2-1-1 is great?

Wow such low standards in this thread. 2-1-1 would be a bad day for me

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by ssk13809 View Post
    Hahaha guy bets COLLEGE football. So not a pro. And he thinks 2-1-1 is great? Wow such low standards in this thread. 2-1-1 would be a bad day for me
    no worries. ssk will bury himself making his picks in his thread. Just be patient.

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by ssk13809 View Post
    Hahaha guy bets COLLEGE football. So not a pro.

And he thinks 2-1-1 is great?

Wow such low standards in this thread. 2-1-1 would be a bad day for me
    SSK, welcome into my thread---and keep posting in here. Drive up those thread view numbers for me------You will never get me complaining about anyone posting in my thread. EVER.

Now, come on--get to posting.

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

With you on this weeks 4 plays so far but not playing ND even though that's a lean. Just don't trust them.

BTW I see the Miss St line coming down some. 5.5 at Diamond right now. Interesting.

MartinBlank

For those viewing this for the first time, please know this.

I don't care what you post in my thread. You want to post about your ex-wife banging your brother and how it hurts each day to rise out of bed---fine by me. I said it once, I will say it 10,000 times. Post, post, post.

The more the merrier, and the more entertaining this place is.

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    With you on this weeks 4 plays so far but not playing ND even though that's a lean. Just don't trust them.

BTW I see the Miss St line coming down some. 5.5 at Diamond right now. Interesting.
    Yeah, I was looking at the Mississippi State number today at Bookmaker, and I was very surprised to see it moving back down. I won't move off my 1-unit play---but if it gets down to 4----(I doubt it does), I may have to re-examine one.

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Yeah, I was looking at the Mississippi State number today at Bookmaker, and I was very surprised to see it moving back down. I won't move off my 1-unit play---but if it gets down to 4----(I doubt it does), I may have to re-examine one.
    I'm probably adding to my 1 unit play if it stays under 6. I'm holding out for 5 though. Tough going against home dog in SEC but like you said it really is the perfect storm.

AdamL2424

I am on the Stanford and Irish pick.... On the other side with Auburn +7 BOL MB

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Martin good luck.

We agree on Stanford, Mississippi St (although not yet wagered) and South Carolina.

Pete0
    --------------------

dam, bit of a disagreement for us this week

definately going to be a big play for me on michigan over ND.

Also liking Georgia +3 and Auburn +7

First 12345 ... Last