Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Way to go, AP!

How in the hell can a conference's offensive player of the year be the second-team QB? 'Splain that to me, AP. What a frickin' joke.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3746922
    Texas quarterback Colt McCoy was good enough to be The Associated Press' Big 12 offensive player of the year. But he was not good enough to make the AP All-Big 12 first team.

That honor, announced Thursday, went to Oklahoma's Sam Bradford, who made the first team by one vote over McCoy.

As was the case in the Big 12 South race -- which saw Oklahoma emerge from a three-way tie with the Longhorns and Texas Tech-- the Red Raiders played the spoiler in the race.

Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell to qualify for the conference title game -- was the only other quarterback to get a vote from the 20 voters who decided the AP's Big 12 all-conference teams. Harrell picked up four votes -- one for first team and three for second team. Thus, the race swung on whether Harrell voters picked McCoy or Bradford as their second choice.

Three of those voters went with Bradford at second team and left McCoy off the ballot.

dcbt
    dcbt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I just saw that, too. I read the headline and opened the article, figuring the headline would prove to be a misnomer just to draw in readers. I read the damn article 3 times trying to find the 'catch.' No catch. Just AP stupidity.