Alexgurv
    Alexgurv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

NCAAF Week One Picks

2007-2008 Overall 128-104-6 +16.30 units (55.17%)
    2008-2009 Overall 122-120 -5.29 units (50.41%)
    2009-2010 Overall 68-52 +9.30 units (56.66%)
    2010-2011 Overall 44W-35L-2P +5.80 units (55.69%)

I had a pretty good year last year, but had a terrible bowl season. Either way I made a small profit so I was contest. Good luck to all this NCAAF season

TCU -5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes

I guess I'm one of the few suckers to buy into this game and go in the way of TCU. They only have 8 returning starts but I feel it is the system and the coaching staff that will keep this team going just about the same way they went last year. Pachall has a grand total of 9 passing attempts for his career so this would be TCU's biggest weakness going into this. I think whats gonna help TCU alot in this game is that they have a great running game. This Baylor defense is being rebuilt with a new coach but I don't believe the first game of the year is gonna be the day we see them vastly improve. TCU rushed for nearly 300 yards in last years game and Griffin really didnt do much. No real big mistakes but nothing big out of him. I think that in the end the running game is where its at with TCU. They'll be able to control the clock and slowly wind down this defense

Hat McCulloch
    rippin and shreddin
    Hat McCulloch's Avatar Become A Pro!

I liked Baylor when it opened at +9 but I'd go TCU up to 6.5 here if I was to play. BOL

Alexgurv

thanks man GL

Alexgurv

tried to look for something to bet on Thursday but it just wasn't there for me

Boston College -2.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes

This game should be a close one but I think that BC will prevail in the end. BC is coming back with a great defense and should be able to contain Persa. The offense is coming back with 9 starters and will improve IMO in all areas. Should be a good game, but defense gets it done for BC.

UCLA +3 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes

No one more in need of a good season in the coaching world then Rick Nueheisel.They've got 17 starts coming back . For Houston there biggest weakness seems to be the O-line while the the defense for UCLA is probably there biggest strength. Keenum is coming back for his 27th year in the NCAA's but I think the lack of offensive line will hurt him this year (literally)

Alexgurv

Notre Dame -10 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes

I guess I'm a sucker here. I think USF is highly overrated this year with some people even picking them to win the Big East. I have no faith in BJ Daniels at all. He feels like a poor man's Jordan Jefferson whos a poor mans Mike Vick. USF hasn't done very well outside the conference and they haven't done very well on the road, and this will be one of the tougher environments theyve ever had to face. I think Notre Dame is an improved team on all all fronts, with 17 returning starters. They should be a force to be reckoned with this season, especially with Floyd coming back!

Georgia +3.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes

Boise St opens the season for the 3rd straight year with a game that could break the entire season. I've taken Boise the first 2 years, but after living on the edge I'm going against Boise on this one. Even though Boise won both against Va Tech and Oregon, they barely got it done. I think the difference with this game is Georgia is probably the strongest defensively. Aaron Murray loses AJ Green, but I expect he gets better because the O-line can only improve from lat year. With the hook I love this bet, because Boise hasn't looked good in either the Oregon game or Va Tech (though they won)

PhillyeagleIrish
    PhillyeagleIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I'm with you on ND and Georgia. I wanted to take Northwestern because I thought I read BC's running back would be out, and I love Persa because I played against him in high school and he was an animal. Will probably stay away from that one. BOL to you, will be looking at this thread all year you give good insights to the games which I appreciate a lot.

Alexgurv

thanks PhillyeagleIrish, GL to you

LSU +4.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes

Even with Jefferson out these guys might get out of this better with Lee in the game. Cowboys stadium will certainly give LSU the advantage here. Oregon has lost a bunch of players off the O-line and D-line. LSU has great experience on the defensive side of the ball which is worth going for these points with me, I think they win outright TBH.

Alexgurv

Maryland -2.5 (-125) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes

When it comes down it I think these suspensions really kill Miami. Maryland is no power house team but with Randy Edsall I expect to run a pretty balanced attack and control possession.

Thatll be it for my week, GL all