FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How is the other LSU QB??
    he doesn't have the same footwork, can't get out of the pocket under pressure as well, but he has a more accurate arm. I would say overall he is efficient C+ or B- type QB. He isn't going to wow you, but he won't throw into double teams very often either. LSU will force turnovers in this game, and they might get some easy points off of that on defense.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How is the other LSU QB??

Lee is better than what people think he is. His awful season as a freshman wasn't all his fault. He was only 18 yrs. old and had to take over for LSU's starting qb (who got hurt in the 4th game of the season). He has been patiently waiting for his opportunity to redeem himself. He is a senior now and could have easily transferred at any time during his college career (especially when Miles kept giving Jefferson the nod the whole time). Lee is a pure pocket passer who has a hell of an arm. His 62% career completion percentage is not too bad. He has started a total of 10 games and is more than capable of leading his team to victory. He even led the Tigers to victory in the Swamp last year, so yeah, he is battle tested IMO. I would actually prefer him over Jefferson, because he is a much smarter qb. When I say 'smarter', I just mean he is a better decision maker. Hope this helps...

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

LSU is still the favorites here

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love how everyone is acting like LSU has an offense capable of scoring many points against a fast underrated Ducks D. Plus, no one thinks that all the distractions for LSU wont play a role?? This games a toss up. But if I had to call it....

Ducks 17
    Tigers 16

FindTheLock

I can't wait for this game. Oregon fans were screaming point a minute last year, but Auburn shut them down. Now they get a crack at LSU, and we will see more of the same. The only thing that's different in this game is that LSU is ridiculously good at every position on defense. Where Auburn had weaknesses last season on defense, LSU has a backup and a third stringer that is better than some of the Auburn starters. LSU can rotate guys in and out without getting tired. Look for 3 and outs when oregon has the ball.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    I can't wait for this game. Oregon fans were screaming point a minute last year, but Auburn shut them down. Now they get a crack at LSU, and we will see more of the same. The only thing that's different in this game is that LSU is ridiculously good at every position on defense. Where Auburn had weaknesses last season on defense, LSU has a backup and a third stringer that is better than some of the Auburn starters. LSU can rotate guys in and out without getting tired. Look for 3 and outs when oregon has the ball.
    So who on LSU is as good as Nick Fairley.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by LockPickMaster View Post
    They may not have a DT as good as Fairley but as a whole LSU's defense at every other position looks to be as good if not better. Auburn's secondary was not very good last year.

FindTheLock

Fairley was an outstanding player and non of LSU's linemen are better than he was, but overall the LSU defense is better. I never said that LSU had Auburn beat at every position, just overall they are deeper and more balanced then auburn was. auburn got torched a few games last season in their secondary, but they had the offensive weapons to outscore teams even when their D gave up 40.

LockPickMaster

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    Fairley was an outstanding player and non of LSU's linemen are better than he was, but overall the LSU defense is better. I never said that LSU had Auburn beat at every position, just overall they are deeper and more balanced then auburn was. auburn got torched a few games last season in their secondary, but they had the offensive weapons to outscore teams even when their D gave up 40.
    Well if LSU has no one that can disrupt the offensive flow like Fairley did then I may go with Oregon. I think the best play is a 2nd half play. If that Freak Johnson kid can disrupt the line of scrimmage and Oregon can't get their plays off the Tigers will win.

BATON ROUGE - LSU senior left guard Josh Dworaczyk, a vital cog in one of the most experienced returning offensive lines in the Southeastern Conference, will not play in the season opener against No. 4 Oregon Saturday and may miss most of the season because of a knee injury.
    Last edited by LockPickMaster; 08-29-11 at 05:52 PM.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Oregon

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Oregon players would be gasping for breath midway to the second half playing in 95 degree weather and 70% humidity on top of 100,000 fanatics hurling at them rotten eggs and tomatoes. I can't remember a team that went to Baton Rouge in late August or September and came out with a win from the swamp.

LockPickMaster

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Oregon players would be gasping for breath midway to the second half playing in 95 degree weather and 70% humidity on top of 100,000 fanatics hurling at them rotten eggs and tomatoes. I can't remember a team that went to Baton Rouge in late August or September and came out with a win from the swamp.
    The game is indoors at Cowboy Stadium

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Nice handicapping Pavy....

tim0402
    Update your status
    tim0402's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

oregon 24
    lsu 20

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

unless Oregon got a lot bigger and a lot better in the offseason, my theory still holds true. Big and fast will beat small and fast every time. LSU by 10.

p.s. I hate LSU. HATE.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

SBR John--you're encouraging people to lose their asses. Oregon is far superior

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

easywinner
    easywinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Somebody give me an an example of the last time a really good O beat a really solid D in a high profile game I'm having trouble thinking of one? Isn't all the comparison between LSU and Auburn silly. Both Oregon and LSU got beat by Auburn last season. If we're going to compare that then why not throw in the other mutual opponent they both had. Tennesse should have beat LSU in death valley last year(anyone that watched that games knows it) but they got their ass handed to them at home by Oregon 48-13. This is one of those games that's better to watch and enjoy then have money on the line sweating every deep ball or flag.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Belt is tightening up at SBR? Doesn't John usually go through and dish out the points to everyone who agrees with him?

JJ and Bobby better look out if the cuts are coming!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The game is indoors at Cowboy Stadium
    The air-conditioning will "break" at half time. I have inside information.

cowboyfan08
    cowboyfan08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

lsu tigers!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I am, now starting to lean towards LSU

Info coming through that I like

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Let's just hope that les miles knows that the grass in cowboy's stadium is artificial turf made from synthetic yard and recycled rubber. In the event that he decide to continue his ritual of eating grass, it could prove to be hazardous to his health. He should keep around an assistant who is trained at the heimlich maneuver.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Too many issues in this game. However, I'm sure the real degenerates will pick a side. Pass for me.

keemosabi
    keemosabi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2268

The spread is up to LSU +4...you gotta pound that, right? Even if you think the Ducks will win, the LSU defense will keep it close.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by keemosabi View Post
    The spread is up to LSU +4...you gotta pound that, right? Even if you think the Ducks will win, the LSU defense will keep it close.
    Id bet LSU all the way to -5. Oregon is not SEC caliber. Lsu will run and punt and force short fields and turn overs.

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I still don't see a spread at my books but I will literally ejaculate on my iPhone screen the instant I see LSU getting more than a field goal in this game.

Geaux Tigers - lets win some money.

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a Jordan Jefferson guy, but I think Jarrett Lee will be fine in an environment where he KNOWS he's the starter and he's not going to get yanked. I don't think he'll be looking over his shoulder at Mett just yet - there needs to be some continuity after all this crap that's gone down.

I think Lee's short, quick release will serve him well in this game. He's not going to be asked to do much more than throw quick slants, swing passes, and hooks.

Love LSU straight up and with the points. Tigers 24, Ducks 17

keemosabi
    keemosabi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2268

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Id bet LSU all the way to -5. Oregon is not SEC caliber. Lsu will run and punt and force short fields and turn overs.
    Exactly my thinking. I was considering LSU -3, but ever since Jefferson was suspended the line has moved from -3 to +4! I'm loving it!

Bigg Dick
    Bigg Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!

OREGON @ Jerry's Palace

This is going to be a very hostile environment for the Ducks. There are going to be over 50,000 Ragin Cajuns,
    in the Palace, Saturday Night, and another 100-200K in Dallas tailgating. Chip Kelly, and his boys, are going
    into a very hostile, and possibly, volatile environment. Tiger Football, is second only to Mardi Gras, in Louisiana.
    And they're looking, for their team, to win. With visions of National Championship oozing from their every orifice.
    After all, Auburn stopped that high octane, gimmick laden offense, with those funny uniforms; and LSU's defense
    is a lot better than Auburn's defense. LSU is ranked 9th in total defense, where as Auburn is ranked 52nd. I can
    envision, Duck Soup, Duck L'orange , and other Duck Delicacies, being served in restaurants throughout Baton Rouge,
    right now.
    With all the accolades the National Champions, Auburn Tigers received in beating Oregon in the Championship Game,
    we've all lost sight of the fact that Oregon put up 440 yds on an SEC Champion, and lost the game on the last play,
    with a field goal. LSU's offense sucks, when comparing it to Auburn, which was 8th, and LSU was 89th, and LSU
    ain't got no Cam Newton, and they ain't no SEC Champion.
    I liken the Oregon Ducks quagmire, to what happened to me as a 4 year old. I stuck a knife into a wall outlet,
    and it shocked the shit out of me, literally. The Ducks got the shit shocked of them last year against Auburn,
    playing a bigger, faster, more athletic team. A team that normally rushes for 300 yds/gm, just got 75 net yards
    on the ground, that's a shock! ! ! With 3 offensive linemen out of 5 returning, and all the key skill players returning,
    Oregon is going to run the ball against the weakest part of LSU's defense, which ranked 43rd against the run, and
    10th against the pass.
    This game is about Chip Kelly vs Les Miles, and my money is on Chip Kelly. Think about it. This is a guy from a
    Division III school, where he was the offensive coordinator, and he gets a job as the offensive coordinator at a BCS
    school, as an offensive coordinator (unprecedented), and the following year, he becomes head coach (unprecedented).
    He's lost 4 games in 2 years as head coach. Remember where you heard it, "Chip Kelly is the next Football Guru."
    We all know about Les Miles and his staff's debacles. Bottom line: Oregon wins by 10 points.

22dsnyd22
    22dsnyd22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

ive read too much... i must lay off now

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Line keeps moving, now 4.5, I love it.

bmartin
    bmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duck Fan here! They are -3. I am taking the under too. Should be a good game.

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Someone said Oregon by 10 points

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA geez

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

bang the under if it's a decent number. You saw what happened to Oregon's offense after a long layoff against OSU and Auburn, and LSU's defense will be better than both of those teams. Oregon should have an above average defense again.

First 123 Last