john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia/Boise St. total

Total had dropped from 52 to 50.5 on my book. Looks like an under play. Both teams have stout defenses. Boise loses top 2 wideouts to the NFL, and Georgia loses AJ Greene. Georgia also has some problems on the O-line. Number might have been a little inflated because of Boise's reputation as a high scoring team. I doubt that will happen against this Georgia defense, and with Mark Richt's job on the line(not just because of this game but he needs to have a good year).

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really like the over

teaserpleaser

dawgs defense isnt that tough not like they are LSU or Bama two studs at qb for these teams both these teams will score in the 20s for sure I dont even like totals but this one caught my eye

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    dawgs defense isnt that tough
    We'll see about that. UGA's defense is going to be good. I liked the under when is was 52. Now that it's dropping I don't know.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

dawgs defense isnt that tough not like they are LSU or Bama two studs at qb for these teams both these teams will score in the 20s for sure I dont even like totals but this one caught my eye

Valid point as they both have good QB's. However, Georgia added some stud defensive players this year. On CFN.Scout.com they were rated 3rd best defense in the land on potential. In addition, Boise returns most of their starting defense. To me, this game has the feel of the Boise/TCU BCS bowl game a couple of years ago. I think game was around 17-10.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I can see Georgia's offense having problems. On defense, Georgia lost starting Safety Jakar Hamilton. How many points is Boise State going to score? Boise State has one of the better offensive lines returning, and UGA's defensive line is a major question mark at this time. Boise State also has a great QB in Moore, and RB Martin to bolster their offense. UGA is not going to be able to hold Boise State under 28 points. The question is what will the UGA offense do.

gjrusse
    gjrusse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe I'm Drinking the Red and Black Kool-Aid...

...but I do not like this total. Georgia's D should be much improved. They have two D linemen they did not use last year...John Jenkins, a JC transfer and Kwame Geathers, a red-shirt Freshman I believe. Both are around 350 and run a 4.6 to 4.7. This is a 3-4 in its second year and the Nose is all important. Adding to that, their previous Nose is moving to the end and he sits at 310.

Jarvis Jones, a transfer from Southern Cal, gets to start at Strongside this year after sitting last year for transfer. UGA has two shutdown corners, though Branden Smith is day-to-day with a foot injury.

Though this all sounds good for D, I still don't like the total. UGA outweighs Boise by a lot and they have a freight train in Richard Samuel toting the ball and an unknown quantity in true freshman Isiah Crowell. Add the best returning QB and you could see a lot of points...or not many at all if they flop. Boise State has gadget plays. They are bound to try two of these that could turn into 0 points or 14 points.

I stay away.

bh9889
    bh9889's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

You can compare the dawgs safety this year to thomas davis or greg blue

teaserpleaser

Ray charles could see this coming almost as easy as bama team total over 42.5