Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kerrywoodwins20 View Post
    Honestly, PSU is a little underrated. They were the youngest team in the Big 10 last year and had a lot of injuries.

I'll agree their QB issues are troubling, but if they get some decent QB play, I see them going 10-2 or so. I doubt they'll be strong enough to beat Alabama early though.
    They will lose to Bama, Neb, Northwestern, and maybe drop another couple games....

9-3 would be optomistic. 8-4 or 7-5 is realistic.

kerrywoodwins20
    kerrywoodwins20's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    They will lose to Bama, Neb, Northwestern, and maybe drop another couple games....

9-3 would be optomistic. 8-4 or 7-5 is realistic.

U gotta be a Northwestern fan... Penn State never loses to Northwestern.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Oregon and LSU in Texas to play this game--why? Must be a huge payday for someone. Plus Oregon only has 4 away games this year.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

such a brutal matchup to predict....

I'm not really sure why people are saying it is a good thing LSU just lost their starting qb.....
    These seem like the types who always want to put in the backup after the starter has a bad series....

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

That 24-12 bowl record in the past four years is the best record of all the conferences and the most bowl wins ever by one conference over four years.

The is SEC against Big Ten in bowl season over the last four years.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ExperienceWins View Post

What ?? Are you claiming there have been 36 bowl matchups between b10 and sec over the last 4 years?

ExperienceWins

Sorry, meant that is SEC bowl record

Big 10 is 10-19 over that same period

Last season (2010 - 2011) the SEC was 3-0 vs the Big Ten in Bowl Games and 4-1 in head-to-head games over the entire season.

kerrywoodwins20

Last season (2010 - 2011) the SEC was 3-0 vs the Big Ten in Bowl Games and 4-1 in head-to-head games over the entire season.

Ohio State beat Arkansas last year, so honestly, who is even going to trust the rest of your claims when you are clearly horribly inaccurate?

ExperienceWins

Wow looks like some jackass got his panties in the wad. I don't have a favorite conference, I was just discussing some clowns post bc he called SEC fans moron when clearly the SEC has the best arguement for being the best conference. If you cannot post without being rude CHILD then don't post.

http://www.secsportsfan.com/bigtenseccomp.html

ExperienceWins

In 2010 - 2011, the SEC went 5-4 (Arkansas loss on [COLOR=#980202 !important][COLOR=#980202 !important]Sugar [COLOR=#980202 !important]Bowl[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] to OSU vacated) in bowl games. In 2009 - 2010, the SEC went 6-4 in bowl games. In 2008 - 2009, the SEC ended up 6-2; 7-2 in 2007 - 2008. That 24-12 bowl record in the past four years is the best record of all the conferences and the most bowl wins ever by one conference over four years.

Oh, and the SEC won the National Championships each of those years, as well as the prior year (2006).

So, how'd the [COLOR=#980202 !important][COLOR=#980202 !important]Big [COLOR=#980202 !important]Ten[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] do? This past year 2010-2011 they went 2-5; last year they went 4-3. In 2008 they were 1-6. In 2007 they were 3-5. So, a cumulative record of 10-19 over the past four years. Note that Ohio State lost both the '06 and '07 Championship Games to Florida and LSU.

And that pretty much sums things up as far as the SEC vs Big Ten rivalry. It was pretty even until the last three years. The SEC is way ahead now. Last season (2010 - 2011) the SEC was 3-0 vs the Big Ten in Bowl Games and 4-1 in head-to-head games over the entire season.

ExperienceWins

Notice i said 2010-2011

not 2011-2012

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

WRONG Ohio state may not of won but Arkansas Lost.

ExperienceWins

So instead of lashing at me and saying I am horribly inaccurate, maybe you should work on your education level and boost your comprehension skills

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

So instead of lashing at me and saying I am horribly inaccurate, maybe you should work on your education level and boost your comprehension skills
    Get it right the SEC was 3-1 vs the big 10 in bowl games.

ExperienceWins

First of all the site is right, that was 2010-2011 if they were wrong take it up with them. Second of all let me apologize for my ridiculous dumb friend that was on here. He likes to debate and argue, however some of you need to relax. We are all here for the same reason, to win money. Debate is fine, but if you cannot do it respectfully then find another site. Again, sorry for my friend.

kerrywoodwins20

First of all the site is right, that was 2010-2011 if they were wrong take it up with them. Second of all let me apologize for my ridiculous dumb friend that was on here. He likes to debate and argue, however some of you need to relax. We are all here for the same reason, to win money. Debate is fine, but if you cannot do it respectfully then find another site. Again, sorry for my friend.
    Over the last decade, they are about even.

Now the Big 10 added Nebraska, so it is going to be pretty close going forward.

ExperienceWins

Good post KerryWood, you are right. Over the long haul it has been very competitive and close. I personally believe the SEC for the most part is or has been the best conference for a while. From top to bottom it is the toughest to get through, however; that is simply my opinion.

kerrywoodwins20

Good post KerryWood, you are right. Over the long haul it has been very competitive and close. I personally believe the SEC for the most part is or has been the best conference for a while. From top to bottom it is the toughest to get through, however; that is simply my opinion.

Big 10 and SEC are the two best conferences going forward. Big 12 and Pac 10? About 4 real teams and a bunch of nobodies who may have one good season every 5 years.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

never mind, others called you out on it

ExperienceWins

Profane, first of all it wasn't me. Read a couple post up. Second that wasn't last seasons record that I posted. It was the 2010-2011 season, not the 2011-2012. That is what the LINK I posted said. Thanks for trying to call someone out though, it's appreciated.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

too much love for this LSU defense....

ExperienceWins

CanuKG, sorry man you are way off on that one. LSU's D will be one of the top units in the nation and much better than Auburn's was last year. If I am wrong I will eat crow on it, but there isn't a good chance of me or others being wrong about the LSU D. They are loaded on that side of the ball this year.

ExperienceWins

This should be a good game though. I am excited to watch and get the season kicked off. I am a diehard Braves fan, but baseball season is nothing like NFL or CFB

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Sorry. Still can't take Michigan State seriously when it comes to football. Did you see what Alabama did to them? Made them look like Alcorn State.

Yes, Alabama would beat every Big 10 team probably, but at least teams like OSU, Wisconsin, and Penn State would make it respectable.
    Penn St was as close as it was last year because coach Sabine has huge respect for Jo-Pa. I was there and the game was not as close as the score.

kerrywoodwins20

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    Penn St was as close as it was last year because coach Sabine has huge respect for Jo-Pa. I was there and the game was not as close as the score.
    I was at the game too, and Penn State turned it over in the red zone like 3 times... so what are you talking about?

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

I still like LSU, I wonder how much the line will move, would love to get them at +3.5 or better.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

That 24-12 bowl record in the past four years is the best record of all the conferences and the most bowl wins ever by one conference over four years.

Toilet bowl....how many BCS Championships in the last 4 years

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Because LSU will beat them outright by double digits.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I was at the game too, and Penn State turned it over in the red zone like 3 times... so what are you talking about?
    How are you going to celebrate your 100,000 post next week? Video?

mafioso
    mafioso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

While I completely agree that Jefferson is a sh*tty QB, Losing Russel Shepard may be too much for LSU to overcome.
    Im not betting the week 1 matchup as I never bet week 1 college but I will go against LSU the rest of the way as long as Shepard isnt playing.

ExperienceWins

Really? Last year he had 33 receptions and 1 TD and 32 rushes for 2 TD. I am pretty sure they have someone that can replace those numbers for sure. Not saying they will win a game or lose a game, but Sheppard won't be too much for them to over come regardless.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

oregon is going to be spending a lot of time going backwards in this game. LSU will blitz them and sack them or force them to throw the ball into coverage. This isn't the pac 10 where they can run gadget plays up the middle for 500 yards a half. Auburn showed Oregon what it's like to face a real defense last season, and LSU has a faster defense than Auburn did. If you like the ducks to win then GL, but check out LSU's record against the pac 10 before you go all in.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon 55
    LSU 24

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Jordan Jefferson is a mediore, streaky QB. LSU is another recruiting giant who does not need an outstanding QB. They are talented @ every position, and QB has been their weakest position since Jordan Jeff has started. Jarrett Lee is a failed QB but now a senior with experience. I do not think Jordan Jeff will be missed.

ExperienceWins

LockpickMaster, have you been drinking. Oregon cannot lay 55 on any TOP SEC team. They might not crack the 20 barrier in this one, they couldn't against Auburn and LSU has a better D now then Aub did in that game. Should be interesting.

First 123 Last