HOOKEMcnh
    HOOKEMcnh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1405

A&M: The break-up

Looks like it's moving that way... as a Texas fan I have to say I won't miss them.

http://v4.texags.com/Stories/2741

Tseay
    Tseay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 986

The upside, of course, for Texas, is that they will not have a spoiler in the Big 1. Gig'em

Tseay
    Tseay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 986

For the record, I hate Oklahoma winning more than Texas.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If A&M leaves, can Missouri (who hates the Big 12-2) be far behind? Both the SEC and the Big 10 would give them serious consideration. If that is the case, the Big 12-2 is finished as a conference.

skers11
    skers11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

Texas A&M better watch out this year

they got to deal with the same big 12 refs nebraska had to last year

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is true. Even Texas may be able to beat them. O.K. So that was a reach. A&M is 3-2 in their last 5 games against that pathetic team that wears Burnt Orange, or whatever awful color that is. Maybe once A&M leaves the Conference, and is replaced by SMU, Texas can actually get back to a bowl game.

HOOKEMcnh
    HOOKEMcnh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1405

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is true. Even Texas may be able to beat them. O.K. So that was a reach. A&M is 3-2 in their last 5 games against that pathetic team that wears Burnt Orange, or whatever awful color that is. Maybe once A&M leaves the Conference, and is replaced by SMU, Texas can actually get back to a bowl game.
    Texas was in the National Championship game 2 years ago... last year was the first year with new QB and old coaching staff who grew complacent. I think Texas will be fine with or without A&M.

Texas is more then capable of winning the conference this year. What Harsin did with what little talent he had at Boise State was amazing. It will be scary now that he has the talent Texas has at his exposure. Watch for Texas running game this year - it will be explosive. It will take a lot of the pressure off of Gilbert.

Even with ESPN blowing our ***** this year I still think Texas is underrated.

skers11
    skers11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

Tuck Fexas!!!

cutlerfan
    cutlerfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

The Big 12 is done. The "super conferences" aren't far away. Texas ends up in PAC-10 or as Independent.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by skers11 View Post
    Texas A&M better watch out this year they got to deal with the same big 12 refs nebraska had to last year
    great point. agree with Big Daddy about Missou. Missou will leave (if asked) because they can't risk being left behind.

the real question is who the SEC targets beyond that (i think that they will target Missou, gets them into StL market). i think that the SEC will try to expand to 16 teams immediately. they have A&M and Missou is theirs for the asking. who's next? i think SEC would love to add Va Tech, but that isn't happening. Florida State makes a lot of sense, but would Florida allow it (they're the closest thing that the SEC has to Texas, so just as Texas doesn't want to elevate TCU or Houston or SMU, neither does Florida want FSU in the SEC). Ditto Georgia Tech (UGA) and Clemson (South Carolina), but those two teams don't wield the power that Florida does. I think West Virginia makes a ton of sense. one team that i haven't heard mentioned is Louisville.