St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mark Richt's job should be in jeopardy

Richt shouldn't get a free pass on this botched season. Georgia was picked by a lot of writers to be in the title game, but they finish with three losses including a loss to GT at home and an embarassment from FLA in the cocktail party.

This team underachieved this year, and Richt needs to be held accountable!

tomcarter
    tomcarter's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a disappointing season.How many preseason magazines did you read having this team contending for a national championship?

Losing on senior day at home to a team that basically doesn't pass.

What a poor year for such a talented team.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

Nonsense, Richt is the only reason UGA is winning 9 to 10 games every year.
    Maybe you dont remember Ray Golf or Jim Donnon.
    So a 9-3 season with the possibility to be 10-3 is a bust season? theres alot of programs that would love to win 10 games every year.
    I question some of his calls b/c he so conservative.

The problem this year lay squarely on the players back. They have no discipline what so ever.
    DC Willie Martinez needs to be the one getting the boot. Ever since he became the DC UGAs defense has had holes in it. Under Van Gorder the defense was a lock, there was never any worries about UGA giving up alot of points.
    This year from the LSU game to the Auburn game UGA gave up more points than in 100 yrs of the program. And we see the same today.

the nest choice would be Mike Bobo (OC). Richt gave him playcalling duties last year but he seems to run the same plays Richt would run. He's just a carbon copy of Richt calling plays which equals soft. BS like playing for a FG or trying to run the clock out instead of driving the nail in the coffin so to speak.

The fact of the matter is Richt is going nowhere. UGA loves Richt for what he has done.He turned a program in shambles into a respectable program year after year.
    Richt=consistinacy. He is yet to win the big game but it will come. But in this day and age it s hard to keep a power house program year after year when all the star players will turn pro.

this season has been a dissappointment is b/c of the the BS media hype. All Dawg fans knew what to expect this season.

with the dissappointing season though that may be the fire that drives Stafford and Moreno to come back. Stafford has an insurance plan in place so he is guarenteed big money even if he gets hurt next year. Moreno, I would bet is going to the pros where he will be a bust.

just my 2 cents

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by St. Andrew View Post
    Richt shouldn't get a free pass on this botched season. Georgia was picked by a lot of writers to be in the title game, but they finish with three losses including a loss to GT at home and an embarassment from FLA in the cocktail party.

Were you thinking tar and feathers or burned at the stake or drawn and quartered?

Perhaps you'd like to return to the glory days of Ray Goff and Jim Donnan?

The reality of the situation is that UGA was slightly overrated at the beginning of the year. They had a brutal schedule. And they had injuries that prevented them from achieving their full potential.

They finished the regular season 9-3 overall and 6-2 in the SEC...that's not too shabby.

Doc

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Were you thinking tar and feathers or burned at the stake or drawn and quartered?

The reality of the situation is that UGA was slightly overrated at the beginning of the year. They had a brutal schedule. And they had injuries that prevented them from achieving their full potential.They finished the regular season 9-3 overall and 6-2 in the SEC...that's not too shabby.

Doc
    thank you sir.
    you wont find a better more well respected coach in the SEC, maybe in the nation

St. Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post

The reality of the situation is that UGA was slightly overrated at the beginning of the year. They had a brutal schedule. And they had injuries that prevented them from achieving their full potential.

They finished the regular season 9-3 overall and 6-2 in the SEC...that's not too shabby.

Doc
    The 'Bama loss and GT loss were on their home field. The Florida debacle was in Jax. What would happen to Georgia in Austin, TX or Norman, Okla?

GEORGIA IS NOT ELITE like the media said they were. Richt is to blame for the poor defense. The buck stops with the HC! If Georgia wants to have a consistently good team and go to the Chick-Fil-A bowl, then keep Richt. If they want to turn the corner, they better bring in a disciplinarian. The stunt that Georgia pulled in JAX last year vs the Gators showed me that Richt is a douche-bag soft coach. This year the Gators rightfully made him pay for it.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

This is the dumbest statement of the year. Mark Richt is going nowhere. He is the best coach Georgia had this century.

mmike032

The 'Bama loss and GT loss were on their home field. The Florida debacle was in Jax. What would happen to Georgia in Austin, TX or Norman, Okla?

GEORGIA IS NOT ELITE like the media said they were. Richt is to blame for the poor defense. The buck stops with the HC! If Georgia wants to have a consistently good team and go to the Chick-Fil-A bowl, then keep Richt. If they want to turn the corner, they better bring in a disciplinarian. The stunt that Georgia pulled in JAX last year vs the Gators showed me that Richt is a douche-bag soft coach. This year the Gators rightfully made him pay for it.
    the only douche bag is you for wanting to fire a coach after going 9-3 (6-2 in arguablly the tougest conf in the nation)

and who would fit the bill to take Richts place in GA?
    theres a reason he's the 2nd highest paid coach in the SEC ( i believe)

mmike032

have you took a look at Richts road record by any chance? something like 44-3
    is there another coach is the nation that can boast that?

St. Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    have you took a look at Richts road record by any chance? something like 44-3
    is there another coach is the nation that can boast that?

NO EXCUSES, MIKE! Why are you trying to cover for this guy?! Look at your ****ing avatar! Do you have any balls to call a spade a spade?

This year Georgia had Moreno, Stafford, Massaquoi and NINE RETURNING STARTERS on defense! They had a ****ing all-star team and yet they get embarassed in three games, two of them at home. Look what Ole Miss did this year with half the talent UG had. If Richt doesn't get fired, he should at least be put "on notice" from the AD and alumni.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Losing to #22 GT by 3 points and #1 Bama by 10 points is not an embarassment nor a reason for firing the best coach Georgia had this century.

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Georgia U probly made a shit load of money on game. I'm sure he ain't going anywhere. The rivalry lives on.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

coming from a huge georgia fan, richts job cant be in jeopardy. Hes a great coach, they lost half there offensive line and that hurt them a lot specially vs bama. Next year will determine how good of a coach he really is since most likely stafford and moreno will leave and masaquoi is also gone. Your 1 year too early with this thread

mmike032

NO EXCUSES, MIKE! Why are you trying to cover for this guy?! Look at your ****ing avatar! Do you have any balls to call a spade a spade?

This year Georgia had Moreno, Stafford, Massaquoi and NINE RETURNING STARTERS on defense! They had a ****ing all-star team and yet they get embarassed in three games, two of them at home. Look what Ole Miss did this year with half the talent UG had. If Richt doesn't get fired, he should at least be put "on notice" from the AD and alumni.
    I am a realist sir, and have been following the Dawgs since I was old enough to watch. you are right they have more talent than any team in the country. However they underachieved as always. Do you remember David Greene/David pollack/and company. That was arguably the best team in history except for the Herschal Walker years. David Greene holds the record of the most wins in college football EVER beating peyton manning. Did they make a title game? NO.

to be a national contenter the chips have to fall in the right spot and a little luck is involved also. This season was a letdown but only b/c of injuries and lack of discipline.
    you can blame Richt for the discipline but all he can do is punish the team for their actions which he has done. He allowes 60 YDs of penalties and than the team gets punished.

He cant play the game for them, all he can do is coach.
    Again I stress Martinez should be fired. The defense has been horrible this year. Something that has never been a problem.

I digress though. No AD is going to fire a coach that is in the top 5 of all time wins in their first 8 yrs coaching. It aint gonna happen.

St. Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by james4512 View Post
    Next year will determine how good of a coach he really is since most likely stafford and moreno will leave and masaquoi is also gone. Your 1 year too early with this thread
    It will always be "next year" for Georgia. Always.

Enjoy the Chick-Fil-A bowl, jokers.

mmike032

Capital 1 bowl possibly sir
    agaisnt ohio st.
    would love to see that one

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Name one coach that is available right now who is better than Richt? None.

Meir, Saban and Carroll are not going anywhere. Richt is the #4 coach in the country the last 8 years.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

georgia was slightly overrated but they lost to florida the best team in the country and they lost to bama the #1 team in country. I really dont call that a bad season. Yeah they lost to tech but still they really werent playing for anything

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by james4512 View Post
    coming from a huge georgia fan, richts job cant be in jeopardy. Hes a great coach, they lost half there offensive line and that hurt them a lot specially vs bama. Next year will determine how good of a coach he really is since most likely stafford and moreno will leave and masaquoi is also gone. Your 1 year too early with this thread
    UGA reloads year after year. Joe Cox is sitting back waiting to take over. Cox is the best backup in the counrty.
    Caleb King's not to shabby hisself.

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Name one coach that is available right now who is better than Richt? None.

Meir, Saban and Carroll are not going anywhere. Richt is the #4 coach in the country the last 8 years.
    Richt will be at UGA until he's 84 and has a hip replaced

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heck lets fire everyone that lost to the #1 and #2 team in the nation.

St. Andrew

Richt will be at UGA until he's 84 and has a hip replaced
    Unbelievable that you are happy with this guy. You accept this mediocrity? Truly? Don't you want to see UG get a championship in your lifetime?

Cybercraig
    Cybercraig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree! I hear Bill Callahan or Sylvester Croom might be available!

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

What was Florida's record last year with the Heisman winner ?

Good thing they gave Urban another shot along with Paterno at Penn St.

mmike032

Unbelievable that you are happy with this guy. You accept this mediocrity? Truly? Don't you want to see UG get a championship in your lifetime?
    mediocricy=10 wins every year
    I guess alot of programs would love to mediocre than.
    Maybe if Richt was in the Pac -10 he could go undefeated every year.

St. Andrew

mediocricy=10 wins every year
    I guess alot of programs would love to mediocre than.
    Maybe if Richt was in the Pac -10 he could go undefeated every year.
    Well you're a UG fan and you're happy. I guess that's all that matters as far as Richt is concerned. He doesn't actually need to worry his little head about going to BCS games with a loaded roster or beating his chief (less-talented) rival at home (Tech).

As an SEC fan, it makes me sick that another SEC fan would watch their team under-perform all year and then defend their coach. PUKE!

All of this is just talk, HERE'S THE BOTTOM LINE:

IF UG couldn't get to Atlanta or a BCS game with this roster they had this year, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN UNDER RICHT!

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

They would have lost.

So, because the MEDIA said Georgia was an elite team, you take that as gospel? Or perhaps the media overhyped them. Did you think of that? The same media said with with their soft schedule Notre Dame would win nine games. How'd that work out for them???
    Look, I'm not UGA apologist. I graduated from another SEC school. Richt is one of the best and most respected coaches in all of college football. Like I said, UGA went 9-3. Not too shabby...

Doc

mmike032

well they made it to a BCS last year with the same players
    and Richt has beat GT 7 straight years until today

Spoon
    Spoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

@St. Andrew: While you make a lot of contributions to this forum with your insight, I have to say this is a bold statement and carries no weight whatsoever. I'm an FSU Alum and we realized how valuable Mark was when we had him and especially when he went to UGA. He is an excellent coach and he will definitley be the man that leads them in the right direction. Let's not firget all the great things he has done for UGA.

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    @St. Andrew: While you make a lot of contributions to this forum with your insight, I have to say this is a bold statement and carries no weight whatsoever. I'm an FSU Alum and we realized how valuable Mark was when we had him and especially when he went to UGA. He is an excellent coach and he will definitley be the man that leads them in the right direction. Let's not firget all the great things he has done for UGA.
    yea what happened to FSU when Richt left
    what happened to UGA when he got the job

St. Andrew

My prediction is that UGA will begin to drastically decline after the gut-stomp of this year. Mark my words.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

This is the dumbest statement of the year. Mark Richt is going nowhere. He is the best coach Georgia had this century.
    At first I thought this was a little comic relief, but your subsequent comments suggest that you're serious.

Richt is the best coach you've had this century because he's the only coach you've had this century.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, coz preseason mags are the end all be all of what should happen in a season, so their opinions should be treated like Gods word

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    yeah, coz preseason mags are the end all be all of what should happen in a season, so their opinions should be treated like Gods word

this guy doesnt have a clue man. all that preseason hype does is put a mark on your back with expectations that will seldom be lived up too

St. Andrew

this guy doesnt have a clue man. all that preseason hype does is put a mark on your back with expectations that will seldom be lived up too

Mike, your coach sucks. But I'm glad you're sold on him, because at least Ole Miss doesn't have to worry about facing Georgia .....EVER....in an SEC title game.

12 Last