AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

I like your Stanford, W. Michigan, and South Carolina picks. Too easy for Stanford. I watched the W. Michigan game and they were there if they didn't have the turnovers in the red zone. Michigan just isn't good on defense and the offense is suspect. I actually took Air Force +2 early in the week. They are now favored by 1.5. I also took W. Kentucky last week. Kentucky is not ready. I am a Carolina homer because that is my alma mater. They do it all the time. I had a few joints in the streets with coworkers and I gave up 20. I told them I would either win by 1 or lose by 1. I lost by 1. I think SC is better than Boise when they are on their game and they stay steady at QB. I think they are too much for Richt and he is now on the verge of being fired. Too much pressure.

My other picks are:

Notre Dame -4
    Cincinnati +7
    Temple -15
    San Jose State +21

What do you think?

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL this week, wal. your thread is always great food for thought. BIG weekend!

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AdaBarber View Post
    I like your Stanford, W. Michigan, and South Carolina picks. Too easy for Stanford. I watched the W. Michigan game and they were there if they didn't have the turnovers in the red zone. Michigan just isn't good on defense and the offense is suspect. I actually took Air Force +2 early in the week. They are now favored by 1.5. I also took W. Kentucky last week. Kentucky is not ready. I am a Carolina homer because that is my alma mater. They do it all the time. I had a few joints in the streets with coworkers and I gave up 20. I told them I would either win by 1 or lose by 1. I lost by 1. I think SC is better than Boise when they are on their game and they stay steady at QB. I think they are too much for Richt and he is now on the verge of being fired. Too much pressure.

My other picks are:

Notre Dame -4
    Cincinnati +7
    Temple -15
    San Jose State +21

What do you think?
    I lean Michigan but only cause I actually think they might have a slight defensive edge. I was considering playing the game but there just wasn't enough of an advantage to make it play worthy. I really dislike Notre Dame for reasons I don't even understand so I try to avoid using them as plays either for or against because bias always plays a role.

There seems to be a very valid argument for Cincinnati. Most of those arguments are because of Zack Collaras and the speed of Cincy and while those are worthy reasons there is a deeper reason to consider them. Tennessee has Florida next week and if you don't think they aren't already looking ahead just a little bit then you don't know what that game means to the Vol's. I don't have a play on it but it is definitely play worthy.

Temple I actually like a lot and even using them as a play but 6 was enough.

No opinion one way or the other on San Jose St.

Good luck with all your plays.

wal66

Quote Originally Posted by TheBetBuysDanK View Post
    BOL this week, wal. your thread is always great food for thought. BIG weekend!
    I appreciate that Dank. I hope there are more than a few winners here for those who look.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    I lean Michigan but only cause I actually think they might have a slight defensive edge. I was considering playing the game but there just wasn't enough of an advantage to make it play worthy. I really dislike Notre Dame for reasons I don't even understand so I try to avoid using them as plays either for or against because bias always plays a role.

There seems to be a very valid argument for Cincinnati. Most of those arguments are because of Zack Collaras and the speed of Cincy and while those are worthy reasons there is a deeper reason to consider them. Tennessee has Florida next week and if you don't think they aren't already looking ahead just a little bit then you don't know what that game means to the Vol's. I don't have a play on it but it is definitely play worthy.

Temple I actually like a lot and even using them as a play but 6 was enough.

No opinion one way or the other on San Jose St.

Have a great day Wal. And thanks!

funnyman
    funnyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5616

Like all your picks. Good luck today.

wal66

Central Michigan +12.5 LOSER
    Stanford -21 WINNER
    TCU -2/5 WINNER
    California -6/5 LOSER
    South Carolina -2.5 WINNER
    Vanderbilt +1 WINNER

Complete grind.

Week #1 3-2
    Week #2 4-2

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

with you on tcu, i was on colorado, was very scare to play south ca

wal66

Week 3 College Football

This weeks adjusted lines.

LSU -17
    Mississippi St

Iowa St
    UConn EVEN

Boise St -17.5
    Toledo

West Virginia -6
    Maryland

Eastern Michigan
    Michigan -26

Wyoming
    Bowling Green -4.5

Penn St -4
    Temple

Auburn -6
    Clemson

Pittsburgh -1.5
    Iowa

SE Missouri St
    Purdue -24

Central Michigan -4
    Western Michigan

Ol’ Miss -1
    Vanderbilt

Kansas
    Georgia Tech -5

Duke
    Boston College -7.5

Coastal Carolina
    Georgia -23

Colorado St
    Colorado EVEN

UL Monroe
    TCU -28

Texas -13.5
    UCLA

Michigan St -5.5
    Notre Dame

Virginia
    North Carolina -5

Texas Tech -25
    New Mexico

Northwestern -15.5
    Army

South Carolina St
    Indiana -5

Miami Ohio
    Minnesota EVEN

Tennessee
    Florida -5.5

Northern Illinois
    Wisconsin -14.5

Washington
    Nebraska -8

Missouri St
    Oregon -41

Akron
    Cincinnati -25

Nevada -16.5
    San Jose St

Arkansas St
    Virginia Tech -27

Central Florida -7.5
    Florida International

Navy
    South Carolina -6.5

Washington St
    San Diego St EVEN

Indiana St
    Western Kentucky -9.5

Idaho
    Texas A&M -21

Arizona St -1
    Illinois

Houston -10.5
    LA Tech

Kent St
    Kansas St -19

Buffalo
    Ball St -7.5

Louisville
    Kentucky -9

Marshall
    Ohio U -5

Troy
    Arkansas -18

Northern Texas
    Alabama -45

Ohio St -12.5
    Miami

Syracuse
    USC -13.5

Oklahoma -7
    FSU

Tulane
    UAB -6.5

UTEP
    New Mexico St EVEN

Utah
    BYU -1.5

Stanford -8
    Arizona

Hawaii -14
    UNLV

Oklahoma St -10.5
    Tulsa

wal66

Week 3 Plays

LSU -3
    Iowa St +4.5
    Auburn +4
    Central Michigan +6.5
    Texas -3.5
    Texas Tech -19
    Central Florida -4
    Houston -7.5
    Ball St -4.5
    Oklahoma -3

wal66

LSU -3: Game opened at -3 and is now -3.5.

I’m not a huge LSU fan but there is no denying that this team plays great defense and somehow always seems to have “those” breaks go their way. This, like all the games is a straight program play but I probably would have been tempted to play this one anyways after actually seeing Mississippi St play Auburn this past Saturday.
    I expected more from Mississippi St’s defense than was on display against Auburn. They are not as strong against the run as I originally thought and they still have some issues in the secondary. While they are improved on the offensive side of the ball they still rely very heavily on the run and that plays into the strength of LSU’s defense.
    I lean to this being a low scoring game as both teams LOVE to run the ball and even think it may be a key turnover or 2 that will make the difference. My program has this game not even being close but personally I’m glad 3 was available early cause the hook actually could come into play.

Iowa St +4.5.

I know nothing about Iowa St except they beat Iowa this past Saturday in a game I leaned to Iowa in. I don’t know if it’s just because it was a Rivalry game that they were able to step their game up or if Iowa isn’t really all that good or if perhaps Iowa St is a very good team, this is straight program following.
    I do know that I watched much of the 2nd half of the UConn/Vanderbilt game and even had a play on Vandy and I wasn’t impressed with UConn on offense or really even on defense. Vandy doesn’t have a stellar offense yet they were able to move the ball somewhat easily on UConn several times.
    Always have to be concerned about a letdown spot after a huge win as with Iowa St and a motivational spot after a tough loss as with UConn but hopefully it is a 3 point game either way and the program looks good. Actually the program suggests Iowa St as an outright winner but still taking the points.

Auburn +4: Game opened at +4 and now +3.5.

Wow, friggin Auburn. They get a miracle win in a game they were figured to cruise in against Utah St and then they outplay a Mississippi St team that many (myself included) would just manhandle them.
    This is a scary game to me. Auburn’s wins were at home and this will be their first road game against a team they have generally played close but beaten the last 3 times they have played.
    Clemson looked less than spectacular against Wofford last week but much of that could be because they took Wofford for granted and they had their eye looking ahead to this coming week.
    Can Auburn keep finding a way to win and throwing “we don’t only win cause of Cam Newton” in the naysayers faces or will Clemson be the first to stop this Auburn train? I don’t know nor do I care, just it keep it to within 3 and I’ll be a happy camper.

Central Michigan +6.5: Game opened at +6.5 and now at +7.

This is the only game so far where the line has moved against me. I never like to see that happen but it’s gonna happen from time to time. My program isn’t really any better than 50% over the long haul but it does bring to light games to key on.
    I watched Central Michigan against Kentucky and I had a play on them as well. They looked exactly like I thought they would look to open the game and really the entire first half but they did absolutely nothing in the second half. I didn’t see or hear of a key injury and attribute not only losing the game but not covering to Kentucky making better adjustments and some SEC pride.
    I’ve played this game 4 years in a row and I have been on the wrong side every time.

Texas -3.5

I don’t like that I am playing this game. Texas is not that good of a team and UCLA is horrible. The program likes Texas a lot so I am kind of just blindly following. I guess if I was forced to try and find an angle aside from just how bad UCLA is it would be a revenge spot for Texas as UCLA beat them last year 34-12 at Texas.

Texas Tech -19: Game opened at -19 and now -20.

Texas Tech good not great but New Mexico St REALLY bad.

Central Florida -4

Who would ever have thought that this could be a truly great game? Personally I am looking forward to this contest because both are very good teams and along with South Florida are really dipping into the talent pool in the state of Florida which in a few years will start to show for schools like Florida and FSU.
    I love what FIU did at Louisville but to be very frank about it, Louisville is a not so good team. Take nothing away from Florida International they went on the road and won as double digit dog but Central Florida is a much better squad than the Cardinals.
    Not out of the realm of possibilities for FIU to keep it under the number or even pull off another great upset but I don’t think it that likely. Central Florida is loaded with talent and are more seasoned. I think Central Florida wins this by 10 or more but it won’t mean that FIU isn’t still a very impressive up and coming team.

Houston -7.5

No need to try and give any reasoning here. I think Houston is the better team but I really know nothing about either squad so this is a straight program follow.

Ball St -4.5

Same as the Houston game, straight program follow.

Oklahoma -3: Game opened at -3 and now at -3.5

This could be a great game or it could get ugly like last year’s 47-17 drubbing by the Sooners. Florida St is LOADED with speed and athletes. They definitely have a revenge factor to be motivated by and they are carrying the burden of being one of the handful of teams to be in the National Championship race, so too is Oklahoma naturally.
    For me this breaks down to discipline. FSU, while vastly improved is still very susceptible to those silly mistakes that plagues teams with aggressive athletic types. Their motor is always turning but sometimes the brain isn’t keeping up. False starts, holding, late hits, these things kill momentum, stall drives and create situations where the opponent capitalizes.
    I don’t like the hook that has quickly been added to this game but even at the -3 it could still end up being a push. I probably should have stayed away from this game all together but really wanted to have 10 games on the card this week.

Since this is the first week using the program I am still keeping all bets to a minimum.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

Blackroc78
    Blackroc78's Avatar Become A Pro!

Liking the LSU at -3 big time! LSU covers this one.

miketp223
    miketp223's Avatar Become A Pro!

With you on UCF-4. Both teams I bet on to win their conferences but I got to take UCF with a strong defense and multi-dimensional quarterback. All they have to do is defend T.Y. Hilton!

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Auburn and ISU are perfect fade spots and you make more points to bet against them than on them

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

Wal, can you explain what this week's adjusted lines are based on? In separate posts, you said that Week 1 adjusted lines were straight from "Sargin's" (which I take to mean Sagarin ratings) and later said Weeks 1 and 2 were based on what you thought you knew about the sport. You said your system would begin generating plays for Week 3 but your write-ups seem like your personal handicapping rather than a system that spits out plays/lines. Just wanted to confirm where the Week 3 adjusted lines are coming from. Thanks!

wal66

Quote Originally Posted by parlayin View Post
    Wal, can you explain what this week's adjusted lines are based on? In separate posts, you said that Week 1 adjusted lines were straight from "Sargin's" (which I take to mean Sagarin ratings) and later said Weeks 1 and 2 were based on what you thought you knew about the sport. You said your system would begin generating plays for Week 3 but your write-ups seem like your personal handicapping rather than a system that spits out plays/lines. Just wanted to confirm where the Week 3 adjusted lines are coming from. Thanks!
    I start out with Sargin Rating and then add some other power rankings to the mix and then I factor in a little home brew in order to come up with a projected line. Once the actual lines are released I compare my lines to the actual lines and if a game meets a specified criteria it becomes a qualifier.

After I have games that qualify I eliminate some right off the top and then cap what I have left. If my capping of games supports my program projections then it becomes a play. Usually there will be a game or 2 that I strictly follow the program on because much of my capping is based on what I have been able to watch in replays and highlights or actually being able to watch the game.

I call this a program because I don't really know what else to call it. It's not perfect and in fact if you strictly follow every potential qualifier it comes out to about 50%. What it does do is eliminate games and allows me to concentrate on others. The biggest thing it does is psychologically allow me to think I have an edge.

My entire life I was a losing player. Since I developed this program I have hit 63%, 60% and last year struggled early on to muddle in at 54% for the season. It's not a perfect system and you'll never see me overly confident about any of my plays. I just do what works for me and try to post something others may be able to use either to support or reject some of their own.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Hey Wal I like what I see. These games I already took and they are looking good. I use a set of computer rankings and predictions. Then I look at the line movement and see if they are following suit. Then I focus on those games.

Toledo +17.5 line moved up to 20 and I should have known this but I still think 17.5 is enough.
    Temple +9.5
    Illinois +1.5
    Nevada -6.5
    Colorado -7.5
    UL Monroe +? Haven't taken yet because I figure the line will go up some more from 29.5

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

I start out with Sargin Rating and then add some other power rankings to the mix and then I factor in a little home brew in order to come up with a projected line. Once the actual lines are released I compare my lines to the actual lines and if a game meets a specified criteria it becomes a qualifier.

After I have games that qualify I eliminate some right off the top and then cap what I have left. If my capping of games supports my program projections then it becomes a play. Usually there will be a game or 2 that I strictly follow the program on because much of my capping is based on what I have been able to watch in replays and highlights or actually being able to watch the game.

I call this a program because I don't really know what else to call it. It's not perfect and in fact if you strictly follow every potential qualifier it comes out to about 50%. What it does do is eliminate games and allows me to concentrate on others. The biggest thing it does is psychologically allow me to think I have an edge.

My entire life I was a losing player. Since I developed this program I have hit 63%, 60% and last year struggled early on to muddle in at 54% for the season. It's not a perfect system and you'll never see me overly confident about any of my plays. I just do what works for me and try to post something others may be able to use either to support or reject some of their own.
    Thanks for taking the time to explain, Wal. Your results speak for themselves. Keep up the great work!

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Wal....

I had to stop by and take a look at your card. Solid. I like a lot of those. Good luck this weekend!

funnyman

Really like Temple and Ill.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by funnyman View Post
    Really like Temple and Ill.
    Both of them are on my card!

GoG1211
    GoG1211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

nice job wal. keep it up.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Good luck Wal. Already on LSU and Iowa St. Will look into the others late.

birdmanweezy
    $$$ Fly In Any Weather $$$
    birdmanweezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1849

good luck wally

wal66

I think I developed an ulcer anticipating this LSU game and watching all the percentages on LSU and hearing about huge money coming in on Miss St.

First win for the program though and that's pretty cool.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Wal, was on LSU as well.....best of luck this weekend....we have other picks the same too.

wal66

Holdem, I'm gonna have to sweat out Auburn I fear as well. I'm hoping for at least a 6-4 weekend but tonight's game was a huge part of getting there.

funnyman

Wishing you a winning weekend.Rest of card looks good.

wal66

Thanks FunnyMan.

2-0 to start this card and just need a 4-4 finish to have a profitable week.

birdmanweezy

wow dude, we have almost the same exact lines and plays....good luck to us

wal66

Quote Originally Posted by birdmanweezy View Post
    wow dude, we have almost the same exact lines and plays....good luck to us
    BirdMan, we may in fact be the same exact person. Do you want to suffocate in the ass cheeks of CoCo Austin as well?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Have Auburn and UCF. Good luck with others.

birdmanweezy

BirdMan, we may in fact be the same exact person. Do you want to suffocate in the ass cheeks of CoCo Austin as well?
    no not really

wal66

LSU -3 WINNER
    Iowa St +4.5 WINNER
    Auburn +4 LOSER
    Central Michigan +6.5 LOSER
    Texas -3.5 WINNER
    Texas Tech -19 WINNER
    Central Florida -4 LOSER
    Houston -7.5 LOSER
    Ball St -4.5 LOSER
    Oklahoma -3 WINNER

I wasn’t greedy and I had reasonable expectation of simply going 6-4 for the first week of using the program, didn’t happen though. I went 5-5 this week and some of the losses weren’t even close while others had warning signs from mid-week on that I was probably in trouble if you watched the line movement.

I can’t say I won’t have another bad week but I’m gonna hold off putting my plays out so early. I’m not good enough to beat the number by anticipating which way the lines are gonna move.

Week #1 (3-2)
    Week #2 (4-2)
    Week #3 (5-5)

wal66

Week 4 Adjusted Lines

NC State -1.5
    Cincinnati

Central Florida
    BYU -3

North Carolina
    Georgia Tech -2