SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Tennessee at LSU (-6.5) thoughts ? Get the nachos ready cause this is gonna be good!

This should be a great game to watch.

The dreadful Tenn offense is the key in an otherwise even matchup. Are they stuck in neutral? Can they find a little life to at least give their great defense the benefit of field position?

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I always try to lean toward taking the points but in this case I think LSU blows them out at home ... If you're feeling a little queezy about it, tease LSU and the under ... The Fox
    Last edited by kdmfox; 09-26-05 at 05:50 AM.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Just heard on the radio that their longest play from scimage this year was 19 yards... that's pretty sick...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I am a big beleiver of TV dogs so that is my position

SBR_John
    Wisky

Tenn has some offense, a couple of excellent triggermen but it just has not materialized.

I couldn't bet this game but the -6.5 seems to favor LSU as the value play. You can talk all day about Tenn's great defense but LSU is just as good. Throw in the insane crowd and tenn's shaky offense and I could see Tenn having problems. But, theres always a but, but Tenn's offense will get it going someday.

This is a nachos and brewsky game while the cashola sleeps.

Hellen
    Hellen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monday
    Tennessee +6½ over LSU: This is a game Tennessee has to win and probably will. As pointed out last week, the Vols' road record in the last few years is tremendous -- they've won 16 of their last 19 road games outright. Last time out, the Vols' defense outplayed Florida and they were unlucky to lose. The extra days due to Hurricane Rita has given Tennessee time to heal. Starting Erik Ainge at quarterback is a good move in light of the 461 yards LSU gave up to Arizona State in the opener.
    Can't see how LSU could possibly be sharp for this. The Tigers have only played one game, and that was 16 days ago. Their field has been used as a hurricane relief station and football hasn't been on their minds 24/7. It took a pair of blocked punts leading to touchdowns to beat a very good Arizona State team, and you can't expect them to hold up against the pounding of the Tennessee offensive line and running back Gerald Riggs. The under also seems like a good bet.

blue rhino
    blue rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold
    I am a big beleiver of TV dogs so that is my position
    I certainly hope I don't make this a habit, but I have to agree with JJ on this one. The points look too good to pass up in this one.

jjgold

Blue I got Tenn +7

GL

why
    why's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its so hard to make a judgement, in my opinion neither team impressed me. Lsu was flat out lucky to beat ASU, and Tenn. has been anything but overwhelming, with no offense to speak of, flip a coin!

jentude
    jentude's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lsu 35- Tenn 17

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

These teams look absolutely terrible offensively. Tennessee can't run the ball and their receivers seem lost. LSU hasn't done anything against the very good Vol D since getting that gift to start the game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

My under is holding up thusfar.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Clausen is too late I think. But at least Tenn backers have a chance. He's a better leader imo.

newb411breaker19
    newb411breaker19's Avatar Become A Pro!

tennessee and Michigan are 2 teams i consistently find to be overrated. I think too many people hype up a school's recruiting class. I dunno the SEC especially bothers me for some reason, all the attention they get

jjgold

If you got Tenn +7 you might have a shot for a push

SBR_John
    Wisky

Hold all tickets!! Tenn needs only 3 rushes and a penalty to cover the last yard for a touuuchdown! Is the back door open?

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, that int didn't help me.

SBR_John
    Wisky

......he could go ALL T-H-E W-A-Y !!!!!!!

We got a got a game !!

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

what a crazy game.. took LSU -7 and over 44... at half thought I had spread pretty much locked up and was sweating the over... now have the over covered and, with the game going into overtime, I say my spred bet is dead (slight chance of push?)talk about back door cover... got to love college football ;-)

Todd
    Todd's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow, cant believe that game. I had LSU and felt pretty comfortable at halftime.
    Congrats to everyone that had Tenn.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Didn't have anything on the game, but what a performance from the Vols to come back and take this one.

why
    why's Avatar Become A Pro!

Luckily for me the Tenn. side of the coin came up, you talk about a lucky win, I'll take it.

jjgold

This win might carry Tenn a long way