Regular Plays (2-3)(-1.30 units)

Overall (4-6)(-3.00 units)

FOR THE SEASON
    Best Bets (14-11)(+5.70 units)
    Strong Plays (19-13)(+9.40 units)
    Regular Plays (47-41)(+1.90 units)

Overall (80-65)(+17.00 units)

COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK FOURTEEN

Another losing week in week number thirteen. I guess the only good thing is that when I do have losing weeks, they are not horrible. The regular season is winding down with only two weeks left and only one of them is a full schedule, so I am in pretty good shape to finish the season in the plus again. Over the years I have not won a ton of money, but I have had my share of winning seasons in college football.

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 27th

Texas A&M +35 vs Texas (regular play)…………….Not crazy about this one, but it is Thanksgiving and I am going to eat, drink and gamble. Much talk about Texas needing to run the score up to impress the pollsters, but I just think this many in a rivalry is just too many. Sure the Longhorns could blow them out, but I will take my chances for just a unit.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 28th

W Virginia -3 ½ vs Pittsburgh (regular play)……………W Virginia owes Pitt big time from last season and they will get it Friday afternoon. Pitt season, despite a 7-3 record is a bust with the talent they have. I actually think Pitt would have a better chance to win this game if it were at WVU. Too much pressure on Pitt and coach Dave at home in this one. I wish I wold have got this when it was only three, but I don’t think that will come into play as I see WVU winning by seven or more.

Ohio -1 vs Miami-Ohio (regular play)………….Continuing with my trend of just small one unit plays on these weekday games. Two lousy teams, but I feel Ohio is the better team here. It will to rough winning at Miami, but my guts tells me they find a way.

UTEP +5 ½ vs E Carolina (strong play)………….My first non regular play this week. I really like UTEP’s QB. From what I have read he is going to be pretty good. ECU has their share of injuries and the only reason they are favored it they are at home, but I don’t feel that this will be enough. Utep has a solid record as a road dog and I look for that to continue this week as they pull the upset.

Colorado +18 vs Nebraska (regular play)…………….The Buffs definitely having a down year, but I don’t think the Cornhuskers deserve to be this big a favorite over an old rival of theirs. Colorado still has a shot, although very slim at a bowl game, so I am hoping they bring their A-game for this one and keep it close. I don’t see a chance for an outright, just a cover.

UCLA +10 vs Arizona St (strong play)………….Only my second strong play between Thursday and Friday. Not that impressed with UCLA, not impressed with Arizona St, so the logic is simple for me in this one. I just don’t see ten points difference between these two teams. Would not even be shocked to see a UCLA win here.

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 29th

Georgia Tech +8 vs Georgia (best bet)………….My first best bet of the weekend. Georgia Tech just does not play bad or stupid football and seem to win or be in just about every game. Georgia had their chances to have a great season and have not done so. This is a heated rivalry and I love my chances of this team winnng the game outright, so eight points feels like a gift to me. I really, really like this game. In addition, Georgia usually plays to the level of their competition and this has a game won by either team and it will be seven or less points. Love this game.

Florida St +16 ½ vs Florida (best bet)……………..Saved my best bets for Saturday this week. Always scary going against Florida, but FSU is on the upswing and they are at home and over the years I have seen the team who was not supposed to win this game, win this game. Florida St at home getting more than two touchdowns is a gift in my eyes, that is if there is such a thing as a gift playing against a team like Florida. Look for a super fired up Seminol team in front of some crazy fans to play a great inspired game and at least get the cover. I don’t see this game being decided until the fourth quarter and if that is the case, those 16 ½ will sure come into handy.

Kentucky +4 ½ vs Tennessee (regular play)………..I lost last week going against Tennessee, but that was a fluke. They are a team in trouble and they will have a false sense of hope going into this game and we will see the team that lost all season long in this one. Kentucky is the better team this year and it will show. The line tells you Kentucky will win this game. When is the last time you saw Tennesse at home only laying 4 ½ points to a Kentucky team. Exactly! Take the points and grab the cash.

UAB +8 ½ vs C Florida (regular play)………….Again we have two below average teams and I just don’t see a point spread this high for this game. Only a unit and a gut feeling that this game will not be won by more than seven points.

Probably played too many games this week, but how can you resist betting a ton on Thanksgiving weekend. Win or lose, it is a great, fun weekend for me. Might even be back to add a few more as this week goes along.

Good Luck Everybody!!

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL jillmark...

kevsworld
    kevsworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL JM...I like the Gtech pick and you make a good argument with the WV game...revenge is a sweet mistress worth fighting for...
    Last edited by kevsworld; 11-26-08 at 05:12 AM. Reason: uhhhh