ackem19
    ackem19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Week 1 steals

Marshall +20.5 at WVU and Under 51.5
    Marshall returns a majority of their d-line that ate up WVU last season when Marshall nearly upset WVU as a 14 point underdog. They ended up losing 24-21 but their defense did a great job of putting pressure on the QB and disrupting the offense of WVU. Any total of 47 should be good for an Under considering Marshall doesn't really have a lot of offense firepower and they'll do a good job of stopping WVU.

North Texas @ FIU Over 53.5
    North Texas can give up that many points in their sleep. Honestly, it's more than probable that this game goes over in the first half. North Texas can play D to save their lives but their offense actually has quite a bit of firepower led by Riley Dodge a QB. They do a great job of putting up plenty of points especially when playing other Sun Belt teams.

Arkansas St +20.5 @ Illinois
    Arkansas St was my favorite team to ride last year and if I remember correctly, they led the nation in ATS Wins. Here they have the opportunity to light up a big 10 team on the road. They return plenty of starters this season and are one the more underrated spread offenses in the country. Illinois' defense is pretty ineffective against a spread (anybody remember the 60 point game vs. Michigan last year?) and I really don't see them stopping Ark St in week 1. Illinois should run all over Ark St but 20.5 points is way to many points to be giving to a team to can score like the Red Wolves can.

While I'm still doing my homework for week 1 these are the games and lines that really jumped out at me. Plus as many of you know, I really bet until week 6 because it gives me enough time to scout. But I'll most likely end up throwing $20 on a 3 teamer with these games.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

I like everything but Marshal. It's true that Marshal returns many on D, however they are starting a new QB & RB against an experienced D. Also, this WV offense will not resemble last year's version.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

stewart to holgerson is like going from a Pinto to a cadillac at the very least. wvu will be much more offensively minded. kinda lean the other way on that one. leaning to arky st myself and over watever in that one.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Marshall has already lost one of their returning defensive starters in Safety Donald Brown. Their offense only returns 2 WR's and a couple of linemen. West Virginia should have this spread covered by halftime. Taking 20.5 instead of 21 could be costly.

Arkansas State was nowheres close to leading the nation in ATS wins. They were 7-5 ATS last season. They were also 4-8 S/U. Their offense ranked 95th in offense last season, and must replace 4 starters on the Offensive line. The defesne loses 6 starters. Illinois returns 7 starters from a unit that set a school record for points scored last season. They return 6 starters on defense. Illinois actually had a better ATS record (8-4) than Arkansas State did. Again, 20.5 points may not be enough. Failure to get the 21 points could be costly to you.

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Marshall has already lost one of their returning defensive starters in Safety Donald Brown. Their offense only returns 2 WR's and a couple of linemen. West Virginia should have this spread covered by halftime. Taking 20.5 instead of 21 could be costly.

Arkansas State was nowheres close to leading the nation in ATS wins. They were 7-5 ATS last season. They were also 4-8 S/U. Their offense ranked 95th in offense last season, and must replace 4 starters on the Offensive line. The defesne loses 6 starters. Illinois returns 7 starters from a unit that set a school record for points scored last season. They return 6 starters on defense. Illinois actually had a better ATS record (8-4) than Arkansas State did. Again, 20.5 points may not be enough. Failure to get the 21 points could be costly to you.
    I like it .

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Riley Dodge transferred from UNT to a school in the Southland conference.

ackem19
    ackem19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

and this is why i love this forum. good discussions where other cappers can point out different angles and provide helpful information. I appreciate all the feedback and once again, this is all apart of "still doing homework".