Mw1264
    Mw1264's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Michigan extremely underrated

Wisconsin Nebraska and Michigan will have great years, just my opinion though tell me why you agree/disagree. Go Blue.

NSN21
    NSN21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7886

In my opinion, the Michigan defense will in no way resemble what's been on the field the past 2 seasons. There is just too much talent on this side of the ball, they have a quality DC (Greg Mattison from the Baltimore Ravens), and they're now much more experienced after a ton of young kids saw heavy action a year ago.

With that being said, expect the offense to take a step back, despite 9 returning starters. Switching from the Rich Rodriguez spread option to the pro style attack (including putting Robinson under C) is a major transition and will take a year. Even if they regress by 75 YPG, that's still 400+ YPG which is pretty good.

With the schedule factored in, I see about 7 or 8 wins, but they will be a much more balanced and disciplined team under Hoke.

NutsINyoMOUTH
    NutsINyoMOUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!

It has nothing to do with their talent...Hoke will change the whole program...they will go from the worst defense in NCAAF history to average in one year.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

I agree. I think that Hoke is going to have a huge impact in his first season. 8 wins are possible.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

They are going no where sorry.

mafioso
    mafioso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I see Notre Dame smashing them in week 2, after that they will be much better.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I think this will be a great year for all the teams listed in this post maybe a tie for nc

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

I know they have a new coach but that will take time to transform them into a different team than showed up and got drummed by Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Solid QB and receivers, improved defense, and a new head coach are all going to help Michigan out here. However, they also have the toughest schedule in the Big 10. They really need to take advantage of their early stretch of 5 home games because I only see them winning 2-3 of their last 7 games (Oct 8 - Nov 26)

Personally, despite the improvements noted above, I don't think it's going to translate into a lot of wins. I would call them a 6-6 team, plus or minus one win depending on how successful they are in their early games.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Defense should be terrible again. I don't buy into the fact that returning the whole thing will even have a positive impact, since there was absolutely zero improvement on that side the whole year. From the Illinois game to the Bowl game the players on that D showed nothing to make me scared of them, sure they got a good Defensive coordinator, but there flat out isn't much talent on that side of the ball, especially the secondary. I feel bad for Mike Martin, great player, terrible defense.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by aman86 View Post
    I think this will be a great year for all the teams listed in this post maybe a tie for nc
    Don't be a fool. Get serious.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    The Defense should be terrible again. I don't buy into the fact that returning the whole thing will even have a positive impact, since there was absolutely zero improvement on that side the whole year. From the Illinois game to the Bowl game the players on that D showed nothing to make me scared of them, sure they got a good Defensive coordinator, but there flat out isn't much talent on that side of the ball, especially the secondary. I feel bad for Mike Martin, great player, terrible defense.
    Oh for sure they'll be better if for no other reason than they won't constantly be playing out of position. You can't judge a team by how they played defense under a Big East coach. Big East coaches only know how to run up the score on bad teams to make their fans forget the team has a ceiling.

I remember at the start of last year I saw a piece on mgoblog.com showing the depth chart for the secondary and everybody was crossed out until the #7 guy on the list who was pictured chasing a WR for Indiana.

That being said I'm not expecting any miracles, although a win over Ohio State would be one of those hallmarks of an overachieving team that could make a huge job in the 2nd year.

Outhouse Tim
    Outhouse Tim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4454

As long as former DC Greg Robinson is at least 500 MILES from campus, the Wolverines will automatically improve by 2 games.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

I would certainly hope that the Michigan defense would improve. I watched them last season vs. Wisconsin @ home. It was definitely the men against the boys. Michigan was defensively awful in every way. It's painful to see good football programs decline as far as Michigan has in recent years.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Speaking as someone who watched Hoke work his magic here at SDSU, Michigan will do well this year. Quality guy.

Mw1264
    Mw1264's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

there we go boys