jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

College Football Is So Unpredictable

Like rolling the dice boys

Very difficult game to beat

I would take bases over this shit anyday

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

+1200 ML dog South Florida leading Louisville 38-7 late in the 3rd quarter.

Go figure.

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea i had louisville -20 tonight sucks

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Purdue is my major complaint of the day. Up 8 late allowing a 4th down conversion and a two point conversion. It seems as every gambler loses more close games than he wins.

Montreal514
    Montreal514's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I'm just wondering who else got screwed over this weekend by Utah's "let them score a TD on their last drive" to f*** up the spread and also by Florida's "let's not do anything in the second half" and allow them to score 3 unanswered TD's. Got screwed over by two BS backdoor covers this week. Doesn't matter to them because they still get the W though.

David
    David's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13408

USC very strong in second half. Were down 3 at halftime.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Seems like there are a lot of backdoor covers...i have no evidence for this but intuitively if you play more underdogs you should get a lot more of those backdoor covers like I had Kentucky today...i am not even sure what happened as i was out of town...but i also had Oregon and i left the wedding they were up 13-0...came back saw the score 45-13!

You never know what to expect in gambling...that's why you have to wait till the last second of every game!

freebie
    freebie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat
    +1200 ML dog South Florida leading Louisville 38-7 late in the 3rd quarter.

Go figure.
    Did you actually put money on +1200?
    The most I would imagine anyone would put down is probably $25-$100?

Relentless
    Relentless's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1488

+1200 is a nice line on that dog. Where did you find +1200?

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I had North Carolina to beat NC State , +400

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Montreal514
    Yeah I'm just wondering who else got screwed over this weekend by Utah's "let them score a TD on their last drive" to f*** up the spread and also by Florida's "let's not do anything in the second half" and allow them to score 3 unanswered TD's. Got screwed over by two BS backdoor covers this week. Doesn't matter to them because they still get the W though.
    Obviously they don't care about the spread and one has to consider that when betting big favorites... but it works both ways and, theorically, should average out... For example I got screwed on the Purdue game today but was on the right side in the Air Force game...

jjgold

Way too hard to predict colege kids performances as they are not pros and not as consistent as pros mentally or physically

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

College used to be a bastian of money-grabbing for me. This year, I have absolutely sucked. No two ways about it. I need to re-evaluate.

E

Mudcat

Quote Originally Posted by freebie
    Did you actually put money on +1200?
    The most I would imagine anyone would put down is probably $25-$100?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relentless
    +1200 is a nice line on that dog. Where did you find +1200?
    No I didn't have money on it. I'm just always researching large ML dogs on a spreadsheet. On ncaaf, I'll only bet up to around +700 right now (but it's been a disaster so far this year).

I can't tell you exactly where I found it. I was checking a few books and I didn't make a note of it. Had to be either Pinnacle or Olympic.

THESCOUT
    THESCOUT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really! true genius, a profound truth revealed

sergfro
    sergfro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

The Louisville/South Florida game opened at -22 with 80% of the public on them. Line dropped to -19.5 go figure..sharps knew something was up

Relentless

Mudcat, I have not found large ML dogs in college football to be a good bet, largely because of the increase in the spread between the fav and dog and the moneyline gets larger. Conversely, I would say betting on the large ML fav is even a worse bet. The lines seem to be pretty much on for these bets imo.

Mudcat

Mudcat, I have not found large ML dogs in college football to be a good bet, largely because of the increase in the spread between the fav and dog and the moneyline gets larger. Conversely, I would say betting on the large ML fav is even a worse bet. The lines seem to be pretty much on for these bets imo.
    Last year I did unbelievably well betting ncaaf ML dogs of over +200. (My criterion is I only bet games if there are at least a few books carrying the line, meaning the upper limit ends up being about +700.)

I mean, the results were freakishly good last year. This year, I am being forced back down to earth on this angle.

The results did get better as the year went along. Maybe that's the lesson. Instead of starting to bet in week 3 (which is a rule of thumb I've adopted from my NFL experiece) I need to wait longer in ncaaf.

Then again, maybe I just need to chill out. These things go through ups and downs and a professional has to have the balls to sit through a losing streak without freaking out.

I'll keep watching and doing the research.

jjgold

More parity in college football than ever before is one of reasons most get hammered betting it

Relentless

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat
    Last year I did unbelievably well betting ncaaf ML dogs of over +200. (My criterion is I only bet games if there are at least a few books carrying the line, meaning the upper limit ends up being about +700.)

I mean, the results were freakishly good last year. This year, I am being forced back down to earth on this angle.

The results did get better as the year went along. Maybe that's the lesson. Instead of starting to bet in week 3 (which is a rule of thumb I've adopted from my NFL experiece) I need to wait longer in ncaaf.

Then again, maybe I just need to chill out. These things go through ups and downs and a professional has to have the balls to sit through a losing streak without freaking out.

I'll keep watching and doing the research.

Sorry, I was just referring to your earlier post on the +700 college dog. I haven't found dogs THIS big an underdog to be profitable on the ML, say days over 17 pt dogs.

Mudcat

Sorry, I was just referring to your earlier post on the +700 college dog. I haven't found dogs THIS big an underdog to be profitable on the ML, say days over 17 pt dogs.

I think you're exactly right and all your thoughts on the subject make a lot of sense.

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

It was a freakish weekend for me w/ most of the games I bet going into OT. I had to do a lot of sweating w/ Minnesota -3 (I needed a miracle and got one), BYU -3 (took a bad beat w/ TCU scoring 3 TDs in the 4th to force OT and winning it in OT off a missed extra point by BYU), Tulsa Pk (again Tulsa leads thru 3Qs to have Memphis tie it in the 4th but Tulsa pulled through), and had the Jags today they were battling back and forth all day but the Jags took care of business in the end.

Did anyone else have the over on the Mich/Wis game Saturday where Henne looks like he fumbles at the end of the game and Wisconsin runs it back for a TD? The TD would've pushed the total over but the refs ruled the play dead. Too bad they don't look over these meaningless plays on replay.

jentude
    jentude's Avatar Become A Pro!

i had gt over v tech + 12 as my big play of the weekend! Thought they would give them a good game maybe steal it. OPPS man that was over at the half

why
    why's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am giving my profits from bases to college foots and making a little back in the NFL, may have to cool it for awhile in college!

jjgold

I lose almost every Sat and hold my own on Sundays

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

How are you doing in your contest jj?

jjgold

I am 50th out of World Challenge of Handicapping Top Rankings 2005
    My Rank : 50

out of about 3k after 3 weeks

Illusion

Is it a dime each week to play? Didin't you just go 6-1 on Sunday? How does it work?

Sounds like a cool contest.

jjgold

I really am only in this against a poster called Reno for 3k winner take at all end of year.

The actual Bowmans contest I am 50th out of about 3,000

With Reno and I it is who has better record at end of year

Illusion

50/3000 is pretty damn good. Good luck with the rest of your contest.