MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Trojans 2011 Opener at the Colisium

I'm from the east coast going to Cali for the 1st time, thinking of going to the USC-Minn opener.
    Looking for advice / comments on the tailgating...and getting tickets on game day ... since I've never been
    I've seen posts saying its sold out and face value on most tickets seems to be $60.00
    Im questioning that only because the Coliseum is so large. Doesn't it hold like 100,000 ???

I cant imagine a sell out against Minnesota on labor day weekend

Any info would be appreciated

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The place holds 93,000. Remember that USC sells around 70,000 season tickets, so it is not a stretch to imagin a sell out. The tickets can cost you anywheres from $50.00 to over $200.00 each. What you want to remember is that the Coliseum has a lot of "nosebleed" seats. You do not want anything higher than row 62 or so. The Coliseum is basically a very short walk from the Campus. A lot of tailgating goes on just North of the Coliseum, by the Museums that separate the Coliseum from the Campus.

on3
    on3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3360

as a USC alum, getting tickets on the day of shouldnt be a problem. also, finding a tailgate party to join isnt much of a problem either. dont worry about doing everything in advance, the ticket prices wont gouge you.

MTek

Thanks for the imput guys .... im getting phyched

MTek

Update....went Saturday, 1st time there, Campus is awesome .... the girls are SMOKIN hot, the stadium is a pretty cool place ... got $55.00 tickets for $40 each in row 60 above the tunnel in the corner of the end zone, after half time we moved up to the top row to sit in the shade and catch the cool cali breeze...since it felt well over 90 degrees in the stadium.... its a nice view up there

Funny parking scene...the "locals" around the stadium hold up handwritten signs offering their personnel driveways for $20 or $25.00 to park while you go into the game.....since I had a 2012 Mustang GT convertible rental full of luggage, laptop, GPS, etc....I chose to spend $40 in the "official" lot and not be cheap in that instance

Went to the school store to grab some USC gear ...couldn't find any "were under sanctions" shirts... but did see a girl wearing a "bowls are for salads" USC shirt

Everyone we met was cool, with a laid back vibe, even when Minny threatened a comeback the fan base seem to take it in stride

OK, I can check off 1 more college stadium visited....about 100 or more so to go, to complete the bucket list