edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4994

Phil puts out one of the best preseason mags on the market, and is one of the good guys in the biz!

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    I haven't come across anyone anywhere who has more football info at his disposal than Phil Steele. That said, his magazines and newsletters are unreadable. The print is so small, the Auburn War Eagle would need reading glasses. 90% of the information he gives you is historical data and really has very little significance in handicapping games. Northcoast is a reputable sports service, though very pricey, but in my opinion their biggest weakness is paralysis by analysis. Too much info.....

Looking forward to another great football season, boyz!!
    Reading his mag entails a constant search for "LY" and "TY" because first he has to bombard you with history.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19150

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerjoe View Post
    Reading his mag entails a constant search for "LY" and "TY" because first he has to bombard you with history.
    You hit on the main complaint that I would have concerning his publication. I can understand a summary of last year as a prelude to the current year, but he constantly goes back in time further then that. In most cases a waste of time and space.

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

How is Virginia Tech winning the ACC a surprise? Pretty sure the only team giving them a run for their money is gonna be FSU.

NYER5680
    NYER5680's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

Like wvu as a sleeper as well.

First 12