soonerfan
    soonerfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

OU vs Florida State

Just wondering everyone's opinion. OU on the road this early in the season makes me nervous. We haven't been a good road team in years.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

OU by 6 with a crazy ending

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough to call this one in July, but on paper-----Oklahoma shouuld win this game.

redrum
    Update your status
    redrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I love fsu at home but I hope the sooners are fav so I can get some pts

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

If the real OU shows up they will rock them.

NSN21
    NSN21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7886

One thing is for sure, after the pimp slap that OU handed out last year, FSU will be sky high for this one.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This game is almost an elimination game for the BCS Title. The only way the loser can advance to the title game is if they go undefeated for the rest of the season, and the winner loses two or more games during the season. Florida State has the schedule advantage. Their away games are at Clemson, Wake, Duke (all back to back with a bye week between the Clemson and Wake games) Boston College, and Florida. Only Florida should present a major challenge. They will probably have to play Va. Tech in the ACC Championship game. OU must get past Texas, always a huge Rivalry game, and Oklahoma State, always a wild offensive game. Florida State also has the advantage of playing two games to OU's one before the match up. The good news for OU is that Florida State is 0-14 ATS at home after scoring 35 or more points in the previous game (in this case, Charlston Southern), and 0-5 before the Clemson game (their next scheduled game). OU has a bye week to prepare for the Florida State game, after a warm up against Tulsa. OU is also 8-1 off a S/U win vs non-con opponents off a S/U win.

This will be one of the best early season games this year. It is a game that I will watch with great interest, but not play unless the line is ridiculous. Gun to head, I'll go with Florida State in a nail biter.

soonerfan
    soonerfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RPP View Post
    If the real OU shows up they will rock them.
    I think alot of it depends on which Landry Jones shows up. I still don't trust him in pressure situations.

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Just wondering everyone's opinion. OU on the road this early in the season makes me nervous. We haven't been a good road team in years.[/COLOR]

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Quote Originally Posted by bornselling View Post
    [COLOR=#000000 !important]Just wondering everyone's opinion. OU on the road this early in the season makes me nervous. We haven't been a good road team in years.[/color]
    This is a very big game for both teams and should be competitive. I wouldn't worry about any past road losses, it has zero bearing on this game. What might be more important for you is how the Sooners fare vs. the run (a weak spot for them last year) when they play Tulsa in their 1st game. Tulsa has a balanced offense and runs the ball very well. I haven't seen any lines yet, but I suspect Oklahoma to be a small RF. I think that QB performance is going to loom especially large in this one.

LostDadat34
    LostDadat34's Avatar Become A Pro!

Without even hesitating I am taking the points with FSU. Home Dog on the uprise versus a team that doesn't farewell on the road with everything to lose.

I still think OU wins though.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

OU opened up at -3.5 at Florida State. OU is 4-9 ATS as an away favorite in the past two years.

LostDadat34
    LostDadat34's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    OU opened up at -3.5 at Florida State. OU is 4-9 ATS as an away favorite in the past two years.
    That 3.5 is bait to get OU backers to buy the hook.

chunk

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    That's a no play for me in terms of value, but BD, I need to ask you....do you really think that 4-9 ATS as an away favorite means anything in this matchup?

bornselling

[COLOR=#000000 !important]OU by 6 with a crazy ending[/COLOR]

iwantcougars

wow, the line is @ ou-2 at fsu

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
    I think alot of it depends on which Landry Jones shows up. I still don't trust him in pressure situations.
    Send ol' boy to Cincy we will take him lol.

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

Should be a great game. I'm a Noles fan and we need to make a statement early this season. Revenge would be great also...

bornselling

Just wondering everyone's opinion

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

noles win su

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would make this game a pk at FSU. The +3.5 had value, but OU will come to play with a bye the week before and FSU's first two games will not prepare them for the Sooners' intensity.

chunk

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I would make this game a pk at FSU. The +3.5 had value, but OU will come to play with a bye the week before and FSU's first two games will not prepare them for the Sooners' intensity.
    Just curious, how would you quantify the intensity levels of either team? I believe that this game is equally important to both teams. IMHO, if the line is indeed 3.5... if there is any line value at all, it is very small.

timmyboy34243
    eaglesphan
    timmyboy34243's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17348

regardless of the winner look for a rematch in the national championship game....

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

OU loses on the road..

Landry throw INT, and Stoops get outcoached.

It is just how they operate.

mwgriffin
    mwgriffin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

the game will depend on if fsu's defense shows up

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    Just curious, how would you quantify the intensity levels of either team? I believe that this game is equally important to both teams. IMHO, if the line is indeed 3.5... if there is any line value at all, it is very small.
    I wouldn't, exactly. Agreed that the value is small on that number. Purely from a quant perspective, I would call this a close game, but OU dismantled FSU last season by dominating the passing game and penetrating FSU's OL with ease (4 sacks). The game this year shouldn't be as one sided, but I still think that OU will come into this game as the more confident team, ready to press offensively, whereas FSU has to be more focused on how they're going to stop the Sooners. The key to this game for FSU will be shutting down the passing game early, not letting Landry Jones get rolling. If they can't keep OU on the ground, it will be over early.

iwantcougars

the line is back to 3, wonder why the line movement in one week, 3 to 2 and then back to 3

chunk

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I wouldn't, exactly. Agreed that the value is small on that number. Purely from a quant perspective, I would call this a close game, but OU dismantled FSU last season by dominating the passing game and penetrating FSU's OL with ease (4 sacks). The game this year shouldn't be as one sided, but I still think that OU will come into this game as the more confident team, ready to press offensively, whereas FSU has to be more focused on how they're going to stop the Sooners. The key to this game for FSU will be shutting down the passing game early, not letting Landry Jones get rolling. If they can't keep OU on the ground, it will be over early.
    Probably a pretty good read on the game SKings. I doubt that I play this game, but I will be tuning in. One of the more interesting early matchups in my opinion.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

OU will win by 10

cornhuskfan
    cornhuskfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like the ou system on offense to put pressure on fsu. They spread the field which if those guys are on point it will be difficult to try and outscore them.

mwgriffin
    mwgriffin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I'm a lifetime FSU fan. I am afraid the hype might be a little much. All I'm hoping for is to see OU score less points. If that happens, FSU has a good chance, if not - we are F'ed.

For many years FSU was ranked near the top only to fall. This year, I'm hoping they climb the ladder. A first game loss might bring out the hunger. A first game win might screw with their heads!

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Basically anytime an ACC team is playing out of conference you fade the ACC team.

Easy win for Oklahoma.

Ice House

I can't understand why the ACC gets an automatic BCS bid. They lose every year in the Orange Bowl.

Ice House

is anyone else shocked that the #1 team in the nation is not a heavy favorite over lowly Florida State? I expect this game to be a blowout if Oklahoma is a legit #1 ranked team.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
    Just wondering everyone's opinion. OU on the road this early in the season makes me nervous. We haven't been a good road team in years.
    Well then, perhaps you need to be on the other side.

Or, God forbid, pass on the game.

12 Last