mwgriffin
    mwgriffin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Degenerates like me can't pass on a game!

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

still too early to tell, its better to wait and see how things develop

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Doesn't fsu have a fresh qb?

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    is anyone else shocked that the #1 team in the nation is not a heavy favorite over lowly Florida State? I expect this game to be a blowout if Oklahoma is a legit #1 ranked team.
    Lowly? Really? FSU is going to be strong this year.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by gshock1 View Post
    Lowly? Really? FSU is going to be strong this year.
    I think FSU is SEVERELY overrated. They were average last year at best but people made it like they won the championship. They had the luxury of playing a lot of bad teams. FSU has always been able to recruit but the problem has been coaching them up. I still see the old regime. I see a 8 or 9 win season at best...

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I think FSU is SEVERELY overrated. They were average last year at best but people made it like they won the championship. They had the luxury of playing a lot of bad teams. FSU has always been able to recruit but the problem has been coaching them up. I still see the old regime. I see a 8 or 9 win season at best...
    I agree 100%

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah no ACC team deserves to be ranked in the top 10. Make them prove something and then rank them. They are starting a new QB and playing the #1 team in the nation... easy money take Oklahoma

Ice House

if this an 8pm game I could see the crowd being a major factor however and crazy things can happen to good teams when playing on the road.... what time is this game by the way?

Ice House

If I was playing this game I would go ML just to be safe. And if Oklahoma loses this game then shame on them, they have no business being ranked #1 if they can't beat Florida State. IMO ... sorry guys just not going to give ACC teams any respect until they start winning some big games.

BTW Virginia Tech being ranked #12 or whatever they are ranked is also a joke. However they will go undefeated this year b/c they play a soft schedule. Stanford will probably kick their ass again in the orange bowl.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

The QB for FSU is a 1st year starter, but has made several starts in the last two years due to the injuries to Ponder. He has started 4 regular season games and the two bowl games the last two years (both wins)

He was highly touted out of high school (was a 5* qb out of virginia) and has had 3+ years of Jimbo Fisher and Dameyune Craig to work with. He seems like he is more mobile than Ponder, and definitely has a stronger arm. He is very efficient, can make all the throws, but has a tendency to check down a lot, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I see this FSU team ending up at 10-2, with a trip to the ACC title game, probably to play VT

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    The QB for FSU is a 1st year starter, but has made several starts in the last two years due to the injuries to Ponder. He has started 4 regular season games and the two bowl games the last two years (both wins)

He was highly touted out of high school (was a 5* qb out of virginia) and has had 3+ years of Jimbo Fisher and Dameyune Craig to work with. He seems like he is more mobile than Ponder, and definitely has a stronger arm. He is very efficient, can make all the throws, but has a tendency to check down a lot, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I see this FSU team ending up at 10-2, with a trip to the ACC title game, probably to play VT
    Well said and put...

Ice House

all i have to say is if Oklahoma loses this game they should have never been ranked #1 in the first place.

I plan on having Oklahoma ML in a parlay but I will not be too dissapointed if it loses b/c I think Oklahoma loses this game you dont' have to worry about them playing in a national championship. Besides this game Oklahoma has a relatively weak schedule.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post

FSU's schedule is rather easy when you break it down BUT the ACC is a grind, no matter what anyone tries to tell you. Yes the ACC has flopped on the big stage numerous times (especially Vatech) but it is the 2nd most athletic conference to the SEC. Coaching and QB play has been the real problem with the ACC.

While I like EJ Manuel and he has some experience, it's the other guys that come off emotional highs/lows that are the problem. I think OU is a loss at home but then you have to play at Clemson the very next week. I really see a possible loss there as well. Then there's a thursday night game against BC after 4 straight games per week. I see another loss coming from Wake, Duke NC State or BC. FSU is sort of like South Carolina... both teams can't seem to string a lot of consecutive wins, back to back to back, etc.

Then you have Virginia sandwhiched between your 2 bitter rivals in Miami and UF. That is a look ahead/behind type of game. Then add them losing to either UF or Miami and your looking at 9-3 or 8-4. 10-2 would be a great season but too many trap games and sandwhich games.

war seminole
    war seminole's Avatar Become A Pro!

FSU by 6

war seminole
    war seminole's Avatar Become A Pro!

clearly u know nothing about fsu then with your comment of I still see the old regime. Jimbo's staff is 150% nothing like Bowden and his no coaching staff of the last 8 years. Bowden prolly did nothing at practice, Mickey Andrews didn't even give the players playbooks. This staff is all about hands on, details and expects everything to be 100%.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The loser of this game is probably out of the N.C. race. Both teams play in rather soft conferences. Florida State has a patsy Conference schedule. They do not play Va. Tech, Ga. Tech, or UNC in the regular season. Tow of their 4 conference road games are at Wake and at Duke. It just does not get any easier than that. OU has to deal with Okie State on the road, and A&M at home, but A&M has not defeated OU in Norman in years. This should be a good game.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by mwgriffin View Post
    Degenerates like me can't pass on a game!
    I know, thanks to guys like you we still have a market in sports. Unfortunately, the "W" Republicans have impoverished so many of you guys and the Obama-crats can't/won't fix it.

SargeantHooker
    SargeantHooker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

FSU's schedule is rather easy when you break it down BUT the ACC is a grind, no matter what anyone tries to tell you. Yes the ACC has flopped on the big stage numerous times (especially Vatech) but it is the 2nd most athletic conference to the SEC. Coaching and QB play has been the real problem with the ACC.

While I like EJ Manuel and he has some experience, it's the other guys that come off emotional highs/lows that are the problem. I think OU is a loss at home but then you have to play at Clemson the very next week. I really see a possible loss there as well. Then there's a thursday night game against BC after 4 straight games per week. I see another loss coming from Wake, Duke NC State or BC. FSU is sort of like South Carolina... both teams can't seem to string a lot of consecutive wins, back to back to back, etc.

Then you have Virginia sandwhiched between your 2 bitter rivals in Miami and UF. That is a look ahead/behind type of game. Then add them losing to either UF or Miami and your looking at 9-3 or 8-4. 10-2 would be a great season but too many trap games and sandwhich games.
    Just out of curiosity Mac, what do you see Florida's record being at the end of the year?

First 12