MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Good Value picks to win the BCS National Championship

Futures I like to win the BCS Championship:

South Carolina: 28/1......I really love 28/1 odds here.....3 heisman candidates on offense (Lattimore, Garcia, Jeffrey), stacked defensive line, Spurrier, momentum with almost all of their players coming back , decent schedule SEC-wise

Georgia 50/1.....Worth a shot at 50/1 odds......If they can get by South Carolina and Boise St early, they could get through a decent SEC schedule as long as Aaron Murray progresses as he should

Wisconsin 20/1: With Russell Wilson at QB they look to be in good position to have a chance to run through the Big 10......I don't think they are the best team by any means, but at 20/1 it's a decent shot to take

Do you guys like any of these? Any others that stand out to you?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

South Carolina has never lost less than 5 games since 2001, when they lost 3 games under Dr. Lou. This includes the entire Spurrier administration. Why do you think they can magically turn it around this season? We are talking major major stretch to consider Garcia (who could not start on 5 Pac 12 teams) and Jeffrey Heisman Candidates. South Carolina also needs a lot of work up the middle on defense. A definate Pass.

Georgia is in the same boat as South Carolina, and is now crippled in the running game. They have no chance of running the table. The offensive line is very thin, as is the front 7 on defense. Again, no chance.

Wisconsin has a shot. Their non-con schedule is certainly winnable and they get Nebraska at home. Their obvious major tests come back to back in October when they go to Michigan State and Ohio State. With Wilson at the QB position, Wisconsin may be able to throw the ball with some success, thus opening up their running game, which is what they want to do. Still, they are in the Big 10, which is known to be a very weak Bowl Conference. Of the three selections given, Wisconsin is the best.

cakasmaloy
    cakasmaloy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 503

I agree with wisc. I'm surprised odds haven't changed much once the Wilson news published. Also I like Boise 15-1 is what I got em at.. Not sure what it's at now.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    South Carolina has never lost less than 5 games since 2001, when they lost 3 games under Dr. Lou. This includes the entire Spurrier administration. Why do you think they can magically turn it around this season? We are talking major major stretch to consider Garcia (who could not start on 5 Pac 12 teams) and Jeffrey Heisman Candidates. South Carolina also needs a lot of work up the middle on defense. A definate Pass.
    1. I already told you why.....SC has one of, if not the best WR and RB in the country coming back.....Garcia has a bad reputation, but he has been money in a lot of big SEC games.....He is now a senior, so let's see how it goes.......The Gamecocks get back their best LB Shaq Wilson who was hurt last year and have one of the most, if not the most talented D-line in the country. Their secondary was young last season, but the talent is there.

You reference the fact that SC has never lost less than 5 games since 2001, but SC has also never opened up as a top 10-12 team preseason, which it will this year.

When's the last time SC has been favored against Florida, Georgia, Clemson (by a lot), Tennessee (by a lot) in their matchups before the season started? The answer is never.

When's the last time the Gamecocks had a legit Heisman candidate? (Lattimore is 3rd right now at 5 dimes)

Look, the only game odds makers have the Gamecocks as an underdog all season is @ Arkansas, and that is by only 3.5.

To just discount the Gamecocks because of previous failures is being too short sighted......Anyone that follows the SEC can tell you that SC has been improving greatly since Spurrier got there each and every year.......They beat the crap out of #1 Alabama last season, went into the swamp and destroyed Florida, embarrassed Clemson in death valley, manhandled Georgia and Tennessee, etc.......That was previously unheard of at SC, so they are definitely riding momentum with their SEC East title

I think that this all adds up to 28/1 being really good value, that's all.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Also Phil Steele had this to say about the Gamecocks coming into this season (He has them ranked #10 preseason ):

#10 SOUTH CAROLINA-Last year the Gamecocks returned 16 starters (#2 SEC) and had only 11 lettermen lost. They also signed one of the best frosh classes ever which included my PS#1 RB Marcus Lattimore. In my magazine I said that SC was a legit SEC contender and they even made my list of Surprise Teams (darkhorse national title contender). They didn’t disappoint beating #1 defending champ Alabama at home and getting a key win on the road vs Florida as SC made their first appearance in the SEC Champ game. They did finish the season with consecutive losses but this year return 7 starters on offense including QB Garcia and RB Lattimore and figure to be the favorites to repeat as SEC East Division champs.

Again, 28/1 sounds good to me

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry to break it to you but South Carolina will not win the national championship in football , not this year and probably not ever. Atleast not until there is some sort of playoff. Sure they can beat teams like Alabama one week but then they always turn around and lose to teams like Vandy and Kentucky.

Georgia.... please......

Wisky will be lucky to finish 3rd in the big 10. They will get their ass handed to them win the play @Ohio State and if you lose 1 game in the big 10 you have no shot at the national title game.

Here are picks to consider for the national championship.... ALABAMA who cares what the odds are ... I really don't see how anyone else stands a chance. You want value .. u could try Ohio State at +3000 but might get banned from post season play. But if they do get to play they only have 1 tough game on their schedule next season and that is @ Nebraska. They get past that game and the rest is a cake walk. However I don't see the beating Alabama if they were to meet in New Orleans

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    Sorry to break it to you but South Carolina will not win the national championship in football , not this year and probably not ever. Atleast not until there is some sort of playoff. Sure they can beat teams like Alabama one week but then they always turn around and lose to teams like Vandy and Kentucky.

Georgia.... please......

Wisky will be lucky to finish 3rd in the big 10. They will get their ass handed to them win the play @Ohio State and if you lose 1 game in the big 10 you have no shot at the national title game.

Here are picks to consider for the national championship.... ALABAMA who cares what the odds are ... I really don't see how anyone else stands a chance. You want value .. u could try Ohio State at +3000 but might get banned from post season play. But if they do get to play they only have 1 tough game on their schedule next season and that is @ Nebraska. They get past that game and the rest is a cake walk. However I don't see the beating Alabama if they were to meet in New Orleans
    First of all if their banned I imagine that you'd get your money back? Secondly, @ Miami will be a test at the beginning of the year without Posey, Adams, an likely a true freshman QB in Braxton Miller starting, if they can beat Miami they will beat MSU no problems, you mentioned Nebraska but your giving us a blowout over Wisconsin? I don't think that will be the case should be another competetive game, also you have to include Michigan because of the rivalry who I believe is still 2-3 years away from having a chance at us. But I guess if were undefeated at that point they would be no problem. Then the Big 10 Championship and then having to win the national championship. Saying that I don't really see value at us running the table. We will definitely stumble somewhere.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

LSU has a legitimate chance to win it all this season. They definitely have the strength of schedule on their side, which is huge at the end of the year if they can get through the gauntlet with only 1 loss.

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    LSU has a legitimate chance to win it all this season. They definitely have the strength of schedule on their side, which is huge at the end of the year if they can get through the gauntlet with only 1 loss.

I agree with you about LSU. I will also have to say if WVU beats LSU in Morgantown they could have an outside shot. Should be interesting to see Holgerson's offense in the Big East.

Ice House

Yes I think Ohio State will kick the **** out of Wisky... this is a revenge game. I was impressed with Pryor and Tressels performance in the sugar bowl and they made me money on that game but Tressel was way too conservative and Pryor lost a lot of big games for Ohio State too.

I really wish Ohio State would have gone out and spent the money to hire Urban Myer but hopefully this new coach will do a good job. One thing is for sure they will have a "team" attitude this season. After what happened with Pryor they all know that no one player is bigger than the team.

From everything I have heard though Alabama should win the SEC without even breaking a sweat. Yeah South Carolina will have some play makers but as long as they have stephen garcia at QB they have no shot at being elite. LSU .... ehhh they will be decent. Where is the Alabama vs LSU game going to be played this season? If it is at LSU I say they have a slim chance , if not they are ****** b/c if you don't make it to the SEC title game you have no shot at the National title.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Yes I think Ohio State will kick the **** out of Wisky... this is a revenge game. I was impressed with Pryor and Tressels performance in the sugar bowl and they made me money on that game but Tressel was way too conservative and Pryor lost a lot of big games for Ohio State too.

I really wish Ohio State would have gone out and spent the money to hire Urban Myer but hopefully this new coach will do a good job. One thing is for sure they will have a "team" attitude this season. After what happened with Pryor they all know that no one player is bigger than the team.

From everything I have heard though Alabama should win the SEC without even breaking a sweat. Yeah South Carolina will have some play makers but as long as they have stephen garcia at QB they have no shot at being elite. LSU .... ehhh they will be decent. Where is the Alabama vs LSU game going to be played this season? If it is at LSU I say they have a slim chance , if not they are ****** b/c if you don't make it to the SEC title game you have no shot at the National title.
    LOL Stephen Garcia against Alabama last season: 17/20 201 Yards, 3 Td's/ 1 Int
    LOL South Carolina 35 Alabama 21

South Carolina lost no one too important, got the best recruit in the country, and gains a year of experience for almost all of their starters

Alabama will be really good again but I still can't see how SC has no chance at all? I think if Stephen Garcia can finally become more consistent game to game for his senior year they will be very hard to stop.....A big if, but 28/1?

Ice House

If stephen garcia was a good QB i would say your absolutely right....

but..... this guy is an idiot. Maybe he has matured but i doubt it. Hows that other QB coming along in Gamecock nation?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

If stephen garcia was a good QB i would say your absolutely right....

but..... this guy is an idiot. Maybe he has matured but i doubt it. Hows that other QB coming along in Gamecock nation?
    Conner Shaw will be good.....almost the complete opposite of Garcia.....Really smart, accurate and mature, but probably not as naturally talented and gifted arm strength. Also he is a better runner even though Garcia is pretty mobile as well

I agree that Garcia is an idiot, but from all accounts he looks really good lately and is in the best shape of his life and realizes that this is his last shot......For all of his dumb off the field moments and questionable decision making on the field, the guy is still a pretty good qb overall. He's had some great games over the past 2 season against great competition, and other games that make you scratch your head

3060 yards, 65 % completion percentage, 20 TD-14 INT, 6 rushing td's last season in the SEC

Regardless, the offense will be run through legit Heisman candidate Marcus Lattimore.......(Even pass happy Spurrier knows this)

Do I expect them to win it all? No. But I do expect them to make it back to the SEC Championship game where anything can happen if they only lose 1 or 2 games prior to that. (Like I said they are only underdogs in 1 game- @ Arkansas). They will be a top 10 team preseason. A very talented SEC team that can beat anyone on their schedule is worth a shot at 28 to 1 odds is all I'm trying to say.

Ice House

well yeah I can see South Carolina getting to the SEC championship game.... and I could see them winning the national title game against a team like Oklahoma or Oregon if they reached that point...

it's the SEC title game that poses the biggest threat to that theory... and I guess nobody knows how good the Alabama QB will be and it will be tough to replace Julio Jones so 28-1 maybe... but the whole key is they have to get to the SEC title this year with just 1 loss. Last year they had 2 losses going into that game

Ice House

Florida vs South Carolina should be great game

Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Texas a&m

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

I think this year is boise's year.

Ice House

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    I think this year is boise's year.

keep dreaming bud. The NCAA will never allow Boise State to play for the National Championship under the BCS format under any circumstances. They would take a 2 loss SEC team over a undfeated Boise State team any day.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

keep dreaming bud. The NCAA will never allow Boise State to play for the National Championship under the BCS format under any circumstances. They would take a 2 loss SEC team over a undfeated Boise State team any day.
    What if the best sec team was a three loss team

Punter4Life
    Punter4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

Never say "never". Before you think they aren't "worthy" of being in the title game, you might want to review their bowl games and try to remember what conference they are in.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I really like Arkansas this year. SC has a solid team.