jesron1269
    jesron1269's Avatar Become A Pro!

First Time Poster Posting Plays... looking for constructive critisim

This is the first time that I have posted plays. I have read this site and covers.com for some time now. I am relatively new at this but I figured what they heck. If I am going to play them I might as well post them and see what everyone else thinks. So without further adieu here are my plays for tomorrow:

Maryland +3.5
    Navy +4.5
    Airforce +4
    Kentucky -2.5 (bought the point)
    Texas -13.5 (bought the point)
    Oregon State -2.5 (bought the point)

I also have a 6.5 point teaser as follows:

Navy +11
    Texas -8
    Texas/Kansas O 60.5
    Air Force +10.5
    Ohio State -4

Any thoughts? The good, the bad and the really ugly? Any comments and thoughts are welcome.

Please note that I did say that I have been viewing this forum and covers.com for some time. I am tailing Football Jesus, Pags and Lout on the Navy pick; I am tailing Pags, Dbldown11, onlooker and others at covers.com with the Airforce pick; further I am tailing Zboiz and others at covers.com with the Kentucky pick. If I happen to be on the same side as you with the rest of the picks I might have reviewed your picks too but that was my leans going in. I just wanted to give credit where credit was due, if I am missing anyone I am sorry as it was unintentional.

Thanks again for your input.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

First, Welcome to SBR!!!

Nice card. You're following good cappers.

My only constructive criticism is you have a relatively large number of teams in your teaser. I'd recommend two (three max) in your teasers. There are those out there who would tell you you should never tease CFB because of the volitility in the college game, the points just aren't worth as much as they are in the NFL, but I've had some great success with two/three team teasers in CFB. So, I wouldn't say don't play them, I'd suggest just putting fewer teams in your teaser.

Doc

Doc

bdat2d
    bdat2d's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey jesron... GL! your card looks good!

ilJuve
    ilJuve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nfl Ny Jets +145
    Nfl Baltimore +250
    Nfl Jacksonville +125
    Nfl Chicago +160
    Nfl Philadelphia -425
    Nfl New Orleans -245
    Cfb Unlv -290
    Cfb Wisconsin -480
    Cfb Missouri -3000
    Cfb Florida -1600
    Cfb Usc -1600

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like your card...i personally would stay away for Navy, and Oregon St.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your bets. Thanks for even considering following me on a play.

I would lay off Navy and Texas. But like the other plays.

Good luck.

guru-t
    guru-t's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome jesron.I like all your plays except for Air Force.My 3 GURU T plays are tulane-5 UTEP-12.5 and LATECH-14.Good luck jesron

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Try to stay away from buying points, especially college

Welcome and good luck

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

jesron,

appreciate the recognition...many of your straight plays I agree with although I do agree with Mike not to buy 1/2 points on a regular basis and I'd stay away from teasers, especially in college...BOL to you this weekend...

Boy Jeenyus
    Boy Jeenyus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Try to stay away from buying points, especially college

Welcome and good luck

I'd agree here. The only time I buy is when the hook will move me to either +/-3. I think moving it to where the 3 is no longer a loser is worthwhile (or it used to be, this season one of my offshores charges extra juice, -120 for the hook at the 3). Both getting a full 3 or laying no more than 3 can really pay off if the game goes into OT. It looks like you bought two of them around the 3. Personally, I feel if I buy up to a +3 or down to a -3 and I get a push, then the extra risk has paid off. It turned a loser into a push and no one ever went broke on a push.

Good luck. Like the Navy pick.