bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Why in the world was Jim Tressel fired?

I understand that Pryor signed some autographs or some shit like that for money but was that it, I mean **** are you supposed to be God and watching players 24/7 to keep your job?

I have never been a Buckeye fan but he seemed to be pure class

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tressel was one of most dishonest college coaches of all times

He turned his head to illegal stuff

Lied afterwards

1000% deserved to be fired

bettilimbroke999

I disagree, true any head coach would sell his soul for a championship and will be rewarded and praised for doing so (see John Calipari, etc) but I dont find Tressel to have been especially out of line from what I've heard, just maybe the standard at OSU is a little higher than other schools

So some players traded some memorabilia for tattoos, I mean yea that's bad I guess but who cares, hell Spurrier wants to pay his players and has gotten almost all the SEC head coaches to sign a petition agreeing to the same thing. Head coaches at top schools know these idiot n###rs they got playin for em arent there to receive a college education so offering them a scholarship to study "physical education" is basically worthless, they are there to tryout for the pros, that's pretty much the future of top college sports, players will be given a salary err I mean "stipend for expenses" to play, its pretty much like that universally already anyway they just do it under the table

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

The coach knew about the irregularities. When he was hired he signed a contract with the university that he would notify the school and NCAA of any under the table stuff that he became aware of.

He knew. He covered it up. He lied about it (twice). He got fired.

No sympathy for the guy or the university. They deserve the same punishment USC got, if not worse.

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

They are going to get worse, because at USC it was the asst coach who was supposedly the only one who knew about BUSH. They are going to hammer them, he lied to them twice, that why they are coming down with the hammer!

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

he resigned not fired

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    I understand that Pryor signed some autographs or some shit like that for money but was that it, I mean **** are you supposed to be God and watching players 24/7 to keep your job?

I have never been a Buckeye fan but he seemed to be pure class
    Grab the Sports Illustrated (June 6, 2011) that deals with Tressel and the violations at OSU and give it a read. He may have seemed like pure class, but he wasn't.

Simply put: He knew about the NCAA rules violations. He told no one. His pathetic attempt at an explanation was laughable ("I didn't know who to tell").Then he lied to the NCAA. End of story. It was a he had to go situation...
    Last edited by Doc JS; 06-21-11 at 07:06 AM. Reason: added the date of the SI issue

kickenchicken
    kickenchicken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4128

he got caught doing what most other coachs dont get caught at...plus osu is really totally out of control

Wiscsportsfan92
    Wiscsportsfan92's Avatar Become A Pro!

He withheld information from the NCAA after knowing his players blatenly violated rules. Not the first rime jims been in thi perdiciament well deserved firing

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

He was a disgrace at every program he has coached. Dirty coaching history and turned his head to the shit that was going on. He knew it was happening all along.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

He resigned. Sure they strongly suggested that he resign, but he still made the decision. Good guy, just made the wrong choice in not telling the truth. Great Coach.
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave The Bet Master 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I disagree, true any head coach would sell his soul for a championship and will be rewarded and praised for doing so (see John Calipari, etc) but I dont find Tressel to have been especially out of line from what I've heard, just maybe the standard at OSU is a little higher than other schools

So some players traded some memorabilia for tattoos, I mean yea that's bad I guess but who cares, hell Spurrier wants to pay his players and has gotten almost all the SEC head coaches to sign a petition agreeing to the same thing. Head coaches at top schools know these idiot n###rs they got playin for em arent there to receive a college education so offering them a scholarship to study "physical education" is basically worthless, they are there to tryout for the pros, that's pretty much the future of top college sports, players will be given a salary err I mean "stipend for expenses" to play, its pretty much like that universally already anyway they just do it under the table
    and I'm the racist......

Where's NosniHO, to call you racist??

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    and I'm the racist......

Where's NosniHO, to call you racist??
    Is anything not racist to you?

You're the most racist guy on the site and you search through every post for something to point out as racist that has nothing to do with race, this is a thread about Jim Tressel not about the klan
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 06-21-11 at 06:38 AM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is one of the dumbest posts that I have seen in here. Obviously Tressel was dirty. There is proof that he ran a dirty program at Ohio State since 2002. He ran a dirty program at Youngstown State before that. He lied twive to the NCAA. He knowingly allowed players who broke NCAA rules to play. He should be banned from ever coaching again in the NCAA. He won't be, but he should be.

klids3
    klids3's Avatar Become A Pro!

he resigned and for good reason. he knew of violations and did nothing about it. GO BLUE

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    He should be banned from ever coaching again in the NCAA. He won't be, but he should be.
    I do think the NCAA will hit him with a "Show Cause" penalty which means that any school who wants to hire him will have to show cause to the NCAA why they should be allowed to hire him.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You can't discipline the whole team. What could they have done? Kick out all the football players from the team or make them lose their scholarships? It's always easier for the coach to resign or fired so that the kids can move on with their college lives.

Doc JS

Tressel was encouraged to "fall on his sword" so that when OSU goes in front of the NCAA Infractions Committee they can say: "We've gotten rid of the problem. So, please don't be too hard on us."

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

You're the most racist guy on the site and you search through every post for something to point out as racist that has nothing to do with race, this is a thread about Jim Tressel not about the klan

Yeah It doesn't involve race but you call them "ni###rs".... Unreal...

Look in the mirror, lil boy...
    Last edited by King Mayan; 06-21-11 at 11:21 AM.

bettilimbroke999

Yeah It doesn't involve race but you call them "ni###rs".... Unreal...

Look in the mirror, lil boy...
    Look Terrelle Pryor is a fukin n####r, everyone knows this, has nothing to do with race, just a personal assessment

No one cares about race other than you Mayan, now get lost ya fukin wetback for I have you deported to that nightmare you were born in

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Look Terrelle Pryor is a fukin n####r, everyone knows this, has nothing to do with race, just a personal assessment

No one cares about race other than you Mayan, now get lost ya fukin wetback for I have you deported to that nightmare you were born in
    now, that's not racist...

You want to meet up and see what kind of wetback I am, lil boy??

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Because winning the big 10 was not enough
    The rest is BS -- the NCAA knows exactly what is going on, South Park clearly did more "investigative reporting" than SI

Wiscsportsfan92
    Wiscsportsfan92's Avatar Become A Pro!

His players should have never been able to play in the sugar bowl they were very fortunate the suspensions don't star till this season

bettilimbroke999

now, that's not racist...

You want to meet up and see what kind of wetback I am, lil boy??
    I'll meet ya in Mexico, go down there and wait for me

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Whats really sad is that this whole thing is over probably a couple thousand dollars worth of tattoos. You don't think Tressel, making 3.5 mill a year, would have gladly just paid for their tattoos if he was allowed? If you don't want players selling their stuff, then don't give it to them and tell them it's "theirs"....see trophies, gold pants, etc.

Only thing that will really hurt OSU is how many scholarships they lose when the NCAA comes down on them.

The Bet Master

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    Whats really sad is that this whole thing is over probably a couple thousand dollars worth of tattoos. You don't think Tressel, making 3.5 mill a year, would have gladly just paid for their tattoos if he was allowed? If you don't want players selling their stuff, then don't give it to them and tell them it's "theirs"....see trophies, gold pants, etc.

Only thing that will really hurt OSU is how many scholarships they lose when the NCAA comes down on them.
    Initial reports are that it will be about 5 a year or so, with proabtion. I don't think 5 scholarship losses will hurt, the last few don't ever play anyways.

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Initial reports are that it will be about 5 a year or so, with proabtion. I don't think 5 scholarship losses will hurt, the last few don't ever play anyways.
    Man, 5 years seems pretty steep.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

he wasnt

The Bet Master

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    Man, 5 years seems pretty steep.
    I mean 5 Scholarships a year. They are saying there won't be a bowl ban, but probation in meaning the NCAA is watching them closely, and if they do anything wrong then they will have a steep penalty. No bowl ban because they did not get charged with "failure of institutional control" like USC.

(f ) Sanctions precluding postseason competition in the sport, particularly in those cases in which: (Revised:
    1/11/94)
    (1) Involved individuals remain active in the program; (Adopted: 1/11/94)
    (2) A significant competitive advantage results from the violation(s); or (Adopted: 1/11/94)
    (3) The violation(s) reflect a lack of institutional control. (Adopted: 1/11/94)

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    He resigned. Sure they strongly suggested that he resign, but he still made the decision. Good guy, just made the wrong choice in not telling the truth. Great Coach.
    Okay its time to put this whole idea of "resigning" vs being fired to rest, he was fired. A forced resignation is being fired, I suppose he could've refused to resign and just forced them to outright fire him but they let coaches resign bc they respect them and what they've done for the program and "resigned" sounds/looks better than canned but in situations like this there is no difference

VegasVixen
    Update your status
    VegasVixen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

He knew about it, he lied about it, it was only a matter of time.

megamillionslose
    megamillionslose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3740

Hopefully Tressel gets a shot resurrecting another CFB team!

Bottom line is the system he implemented won SEVEN Big 10 titles,one national championship & kicked arch rival Michigan's ass virtually every single season!He's probably set for life with the money he already made at OSU but some major conference school desperate to revive their flagging FB fortunes would be wise to hire Tressel

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

in this instance you would be the "ni**er" bettil. the definition of the word is ignorance and your op was nothing but that. i assume you don't have espn where they chronicled this situation for about 3 weeks straight. and like previously stated this isn't tressel's first brush with violations. if you lie repeatedly to the ncaa, you go. its that simple. and since all these players go to the nfl, do some research and tell me how many osu players are in the nfl now as opposed to the amount that have received scholarships the past 15 years. major d-1 college football doesn't ensure nfl idiot, or should i say ni**er....

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Grab the Sports Illustrated (June 6, 2011) that deals with Tressel and the violations at OSU and give it a read. He may have seemed like pure class, but he wasn't.

Simply put: He knew about the NCAA rules violations. He told no one. His pathetic attempt at an explanation was laughable ("I didn't know who to tell").Then he lied to the NCAA. End of story. It was a he had to go situation...
    this you DUMBAZZZ

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by megamillionslose View Post
    Bottom line is the system he implemented won SEVEN Big 10 titles,one national championship & kicked arch rival Michigan's ass virtually every single season!He's probably set for life with the money he already made at OSU but some major conference school desperate to revive their flagging FB fortunes would be wise to hire Tressel
    The bottom line is that Tressel cheated for his entire career, and everyone knows it. he is finished as a big time ccollege head coach. Mike Leach is still out of a job, and that has been over a year now.

12 Last