Go4theJugular
    Go4theJugular's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brady Hoke will make a HUGE difference...

Mark my words. I worked for the SDSU football team last season and I know what this man is capable of.

Expect us (SDSU) to take a GIANT step back as we lost our two best receivers. Our returning senior Lindley has no one to throw to and our offensive line will be garbage this season. In addition, our defense will get much worse as we were forced to promote our defensive coordinator to head coach (Coach Long). He's way too old to recruit effectively and have the energy necessary to do a decent job. In addition, our offensive coordinator Al Borges left with Hoke.

On the other hand, I PROMISE that Michigan will improve like you will never imagine. I don't care how bad their defense was last year. They will be better.

Expect both teams to be affected by the loss/gain of Hoke.

NSN21
    NSN21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7886

I thought Rocky Long did an outstanding job with New Mexico in his years there, and it didn't take long for him to turn around SDSU's defense either.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NSN21 View Post
    I thought Rocky Long did an outstanding job with New Mexico in his years there, and it didn't take long for him to turn around SDSU's defense either.
    He's a great coordinator but not a head coach. His previous staff/players are all gone...all we have is Ronnie Hillman and Lindley. Not a lot of talent on defense

shade3599
    shade3599's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

He will make a huge difference.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Was SDSU good last year? Sorry, didn't notice lol.

NSN21

Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post
    He's a great coordinator but not a head coach. His previous staff/players are all gone...all we have is Ronnie Hillman and Lindley. Not a lot of talent on defense
    The guy did have 5 winning seasons and was always around .500 in the others except his first & last seasons, and this was at Albuquerque, not Boise. Look at UNM since his departure. I thought he did a fine job there, and I always looked to play on Rocky Long when facing the option.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I agree that SDSU is going to get hit by graduation this season, but they do have an easier schedule than last season. Gone is BYu and Utah, two losses last season. You gain one loss in Boise State. You also swap Michian for Mizzouri and Army for Navy. SDSU's offensive line is still solid, returning 4 starters. Their defense is going to take a lot of work. Still, with a rather manageable schedule, 6 wins and another bowl game is not out of the question. Next season, when Hawaii, Fresno State, and Nevada join the sonference, is when things will get a lot tougher for SDSU.

As far as Michigan goes, it is up to the defense, which was absolutely horrid last season. We all know that Michigan will be able to score, but will they be able to stop anyone? I am not nearly as sold on Hoke as you seem to be. AFter all, what has he done? His lifetime record is a rather uneventful 47-50. That shows me absolutely nothing. He will get Michigan to a bowl game, largely because of the patsy non-con schedule that they have (Eastern and Western Michigan, plus SDSU, all at home), but this team is a long ways from being a legitimate Big 10 contender, even with the trials and tribulations of Ohio State. You cannot win the Big 10 Conference if you do not win your division, and Michigan has a ways to go before they catch up to the likes of Nebraska, Michigan State, and Iowa. It will take everything they have to finish ahead of Northwestern this season.

NSN21

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I agree that SDSU is going to get hit by graduation this season, but they do have an easier schedule than last season. Gone is BYu and Utah, two losses last season. You gain one loss in Boise State. You also swap Michian for Mizzouri and Army for Navy. SDSU's offensive line is still solid, returning 4 starters. Their defense is going to take a lot of work. Still, with a rather manageable schedule, 6 wins and another bowl game is not out of the question. Next season, when Hawaii, Fresno State, and Nevada join the sonference, is when things will get a lot tougher for SDSU.

As far as Michigan goes, it is up to the defense, which was absolutely horrid last season. We all know that Michigan will be able to score, but will they be able to stop anyone? I am not nearly as sold on Hoke as you seem to be. AFter all, what has he done? His lifetime record is a rather uneventful 47-50. That shows me absolutely nothing. He will get Michigan to a bowl game, largely because of the patsy non-con schedule that they have (Eastern and Western Michigan, plus SDSU, all at home), but this team is a long ways from being a legitimate Big 10 contender, even with the trials and tribulations of Ohio State. You cannot win the Big 10 Conference if you do not win your division, and Michigan has a ways to go before they catch up to the likes of Nebraska, Michigan State, and Iowa. It will take everything they have to finish ahead of Northwestern this season.

Agreed, for the most part, although I do think that Hoke did a fantastic job with an SDSU program (with Rocky Long's help, of course) that was left in shambles by Tom Craft and got no better under Chuck Long. I also expect to see Michigan's offense take a step back this year (although still good) with the shift to a more pro style attack, including putting DRob under center. The D has too much talent not to improve. After all, they can't possibly be worse, right?

Will be very interesting to see what happens.

NickDiaz209

Quote Originally Posted by RPP View Post
    Was SDSU good last year? Sorry, didn't notice lol.
    Was Cincinatti good last year? No they sucked balls bitch. Nice bowl game against Florida two years ago...way to teach Kelly a lesson for leaving your sorry asses

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Expect both teams to be affected by the loss/gain of Hoke.

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Hoke is already doing a fine job in recruiting and his staff is very talented

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post

Was Cincinatti good last year? No they sucked balls bitch. Nice bowl game against Florida two years ago...way to teach Kelly a lesson for leaving your sorry asses
    The difference is your school won't even get close to a game like that.

NickDiaz209

Quote Originally Posted by RPP View Post
    The difference is your school won't even get close to a game like that.
    I never said they would smart guy. Your idiocy is beyond unbelievable. I said they would be worse with the loss of Hoke and Michigan would be much better. But your dumbass comes in here beating your chest like you guys are relevant. Your qb has been a huge bust and your team will never be good again. How do those sour grapes taste? You are dumber than dirt.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Teams who lose a coach to "moving on up" typically lose approx. 1.2 more games on average than the pervious season.

NutsINyoMOUTH
    NutsINyoMOUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bumping for fun...you will all feel the wrath of Brady Hoke this yr!

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hoke is solid. His team last year won 9 games against teams with a 36% winning record. As long as Michigan plays teams with a 36% winning record, Michigan will be back on top and RIGHT SOON!