MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BoiseAndTheOver View Post
    To be fair. No website has all of that data. Not even one tenth of it.
    Try again.

And this time, take a closer look at Phil Steele.com WHICH IS FREE---and look closely throughout the website.

The problem with Steele's site is it may have too much information--he even has links for weather reports on the days of games---but once you find all the info you are looking for---just by linking the pages you are interested in-----surprise-----done.

I don't have a problem with your site of lists-----but come on----who in their right mind is going to pay for information that you can find for free?

Best of luck with your business----I am sure some people will buy it.

BoiseAndTheOver
    BoiseAndTheOver's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, I gotta run. Thanks for the debate all. Be sure to check out the site, that was the reason I created this topic. You literally have nothing to lose. You can go on being an angry elf that thinks he knows it all or you can open your eyes.

MartinBlank

My final point regarding the linked site in this thread is this.

I made fun of them ranking Dabo Swinney #24.

So I had to take a closer look.

Dabo Swinney's career coaching record at Clemson is 19-15. It is his official record, even the record listed by both Clemson and the NCAA.

However, "CoachesbytheNumbers" lists Swinney's record as 15-12. Why? Because they didn't realize that Swinney replaced Bowden during the 2008 season, and they probably just looked at a magazine the last 2 years when they were compiling their data.

Now. If they are generating ranking lists that they expect people to pay for----and they expect those customers to be able to place value in the information they provide, is it really that much to ask that they provide ACCURATE INFORMATION?

I post this to hopefully underline to anyone considering paying for this service that in this case....THE FREE INFORMATION was more accurate than the information the OP wanted you to pay for.

Food for thought.

I have listed Swinney's profile on their site here:

http://coachesbythenumbers.com/coach...h=Dabo+Swinney

And now his actual Clemson Bio:

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports...ey_dabo00.html

MartinBlank

Oh, and I randomly sampled another coach to see it if there were any more mistakes.

Guess what?

You guessed it.

This time I selected Brian Kelly of ND.

The site has Kelly's BCS Bowl Record at 0-2.

The problem is Kelly did not coach Cincinnati's game against Florida. He took the ND job and opted not to coach in that game.

2 samples, 2 errors.

Oyyyyyyy.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, I gotta run. Thanks for the debate all. Be sure to check out the site, that was the reason I created this topic. You literally have nothing to lose. You can go on being an angry elf that thinks he knows it all or you can open your eyes.

At least now this thread is offering some entertainment value.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Lots of energy spent...lots of exposure.....thanks for the insight.

BoiseAndTheOver

Wrong again Martin.

http://coachesbythenumbers.com/faqs/

Question: How does CBTN handle interim coaches?
    Answer: We do not attribute wins and losses to head coaches that did not start the season as the head coach. Additionally, if the coach leaves in the middle of the season, he is still responsible for games played by that team. It simply is not fair to the interim coach to be tagged with the wins and losses in this situation.
    Sounds reasonable to me.
    Last edited by BoiseAndTheOver; 07-18-11 at 11:34 AM.

MartinBlank

Wrong again Martin.

http://coachesbythenumbers.com/faqs/

Sounds reasonable to me.
    Well, then I have a question. The NCAA and every 1-A school include games---even with the "interim" tag, why do you suppose that is?

Swinney's official bio at Clemson INCLUDES those games.

And why in god's name would you include Cincinnati's bowl loss to Florida in Kelly's record? At that time he was already recruiting for Notre Dame.

It is insane, and I just proved how much of a fraud your site is. Have you noticed something? No one is bumping your thread out of interest----no one cares.
    Last edited by MartinBlank; 07-18-11 at 01:13 PM.

BoiseAndTheOver

Martin, I really think you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater here. It is certainly a decent site. Fraudulent? Really? You seem to be quite the extremist and clearly an exaggerator.

I mean...covers.com recommends them!!!!!!

At some point, you are just arguing for the sake of it. Clearly this is the case.

BoiseAndTheOver

Also, since you seem to be a nit picker. Went to philsteele.com to check it out. I'm ex-Navy so I went to the Navy page, then the GT page to check in on Paul Johnson's team.

http://www.philsteele.com/fbsinfo/Te...orgiatech.html

Pretty funny. Offensive Formation: SPREAD. Really? PJ runs the Spread. That's laughable. Then I went to the Defensive Formation: 4-3. Really? I am 100% positive Al Groh runs a 3-4. Coaches By The Numbers had an explanation for their information. Couldn't find anything on the PhilSteele.com website.

Be careful where you get your information from.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

BoiseAndTheOver

Didn't that guy get his tongue bitten off by a hooker or something?

First 12