BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

My BCS Preview.

Here is a list of teams that either should, or may play in BCS games this season.

SHOULD:

Alabama. They will be playing in the Sugar Bowl next January. The only question is in which game.
    Florida State. Does anyone think that they will NOT win the ACC?
    Oklahoma. This team should win the Big 12.

MAY:

Boise State. Even with one loss, they may make it. If they run the table, they are in.
    Notre Dame. 10 wins and they are in. 9 wins is a lot more "iffy".
    Oregon/Stanford. One of these teams will win the Pac 12. The loser has an outside shot also.
    LSU. They have a shot with 10 wins.
    Oklahoma State. Another team with a shot if they win 10 game.

I omitted any Big 10 teams, because things are so up in the air with the Big 10, several teams can now win that Conference. Nebraska and Wisconsin will be the front runners, but Michigan State is still in the picture. Outsiders like Penn State and yes, even Ohio State cannot be eliminated.

I have no clue as to who will win the sorry Big East title. The winner gets an automatic bid, which will probaably land them in the Sugar Bowl, since they host the title game, and will pick last for the actual Sugar Bowl.

Right now, I project 9 team battling for 8 spots, because the Big 10 winner will most likely play in the Rose Bowl, and the Big East winner has to play someplace. With Alabama, Florida State, and Oklahoma almost assured of a BCS spot, that leaves 6 teams fighting for 5 spots. It will be interesting. The Sugar Bowl will take any SEC team that wins 10 games, if the SEC champ ends up in the BCS title game, and will get stuck with the Big East Champ. The Orange Bowl will almost certainly take Florida State and Notre Dame, if the Irish win 10 games, and neither team gets into the title game. The Rose bowl will take the Big 10 and Pac 12 Champs, if neither champ makes it to the big game. That leaves the most likely two spots that could be up for grabs in the Fiesta Bowl. Ofcourse, there is always the chance that some sleeper gets in and totally ruins these predictions.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

BD, I would expect West Virginia to make a run at the Big East title.....even with all the crazyness that's going on with coaches and adminstration.

Point of concern is the Morgantown boy's defense where they have to replace seven starters. There is talent on this team so we'll see how things shake out.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Work, I just don't have a clue about the Big East. Anyone of those 8 teams can win that conference. I would be shocked it the winner of that conference won more than 9 games. 8 seems to be a more realistic number.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Wow, can you imagine the loser of the SEC title game (assuming the winner plays for the title) against one of those sorry Big East teams in the Sugar? The Cincinnati team that Florida beat a couple of years ago was the best Big East squad in a while, and that one wasn't even close.

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Oregon/Stanford. One of these teams will win the Pac 12. The loser has an outside shot also.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like a good list of predictions.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

I big problem I have is I have to rely on Phil Steele to get out his College Annual out to get info on all the starters returning before I can get my algorithms going. Plus we have other shoes dropping in terms of program changes.

...wake me up in August.

WorkHorse

Wreck, Steele's magazine hit the stands yesterday.

WorkHorse

Bigdaddy, without going into detail...here's how I see the Big East shaking out.

1. West Virginia
    2. South Florida
    3. Pittsburgh
    4. Syracuse
    5. Cincinnati
    6. UConn
    7. Rutgers
    8. Louisville

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I picked Rutgers, and I have no idea why. I just cannot trust West Virginia. There is just too much chaos going on there, and they lose 7 starters on defense. South Florida is going to have to find some help for QB Daniels. The rest? Who knows.

Wrecktangle

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Wreck, Steele's magazine hit the stands yesterday.
    WH, I'm off to Barnes & Noble to secure my copy having just woken up (and smelling coffee) to realize that it is now June.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

From what I can tell, Steele doesn't have UF in the top 30. ...really?

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19150

Personally, I don't pay too much attention to his ratings, but I think he does a nice job of gathering and presentation of information. Similar to Blue Ribbon in college buckets.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I agree. His information is very good, but his rankings often leave a lot to be desired.

Wrecktangle

I use Steele for his rack up of starters, info on players, catch up on who changed coaches, conferences, turf, stadiums, etc. as it seems to be the best single source of info at a great price. Naturally, I have every issue since he went slick, and a few of the older orange comb bounds to boot. However, I have found numerous errors, but his error rate is low.

I NEVER use his ratings, and I never use his service as he hasn't been worth a damn since about 1989 or so.

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonal_98 View Post
    Wow, can you imagine the loser of the SEC title game (assuming the winner plays for the title) against one of those sorry Big East teams in the Sugar? The Cincinnati team that Florida beat a couple of years ago was the best Big East squad in a while, and that one wasn't even close.
    FL was a bit angry coming into that game...

skers11
    skers11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Here is a list of teams that either should, or may play in BCS games this season.

SHOULD:

Alabama. They will be playing in the Sugar Bowl next January. The only question is in which game.
    Florida State. Does anyone think that they will NOT win the ACC?
    Oklahoma. This team should win the Big 12.

MAY:

Boise State. Even with one loss, they may make it. If they run the table, they are in.
    Notre Dame. 10 wins and they are in. 9 wins is a lot more "iffy".
    LSU. They have a shot with 10 wins.
    Oklahoma State. Another team with a shot if they win 10 game.

I omitted any Big 10 teams, because things are so up in the air with the Big 10, several teams can now win that Conference. Nebraska and Wisconsin will be the front runners, but Michigan State is still in the picture. Outsiders like Penn State and yes, even Ohio State cannot be eliminated.

I have no clue as to who will win the sorry Big East title. The winner gets an automatic bid, which will probaably land them in the Sugar Bowl, since they host the title game, and will pick last for the actual Sugar Bowl.

Right now, I project 9 team battling for 8 spots, because the Big 10 winner will most likely play in the Rose Bowl, and the Big East winner has to play someplace. With Alabama, Florida State, and Oklahoma almost assured of a BCS spot, that leaves 6 teams fighting for 5 spots. It will be interesting. The Sugar Bowl will take any SEC team that wins 10 games, if the SEC champ ends up in the BCS title game, and will get stuck with the Big East Champ. The Orange Bowl will almost certainly take Florida State and Notre Dame, if the Irish win 10 games, and neither team gets into the title game. The Rose bowl will take the Big 10 and Pac 12 Champs, if neither champ makes it to the big game. That leaves the most likely two spots that could be up for grabs in the Fiesta Bowl. Ofcourse, there is always the chance that some sleeper gets in and totally ruins these predictions.

Thank you captain obvious!

Why would you post such a square post? every expert is predicting those teams to be in the bcs?

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Why all the ND love....I think for them it will be another year of might-have-beens, or could-have-beens