Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by chiliv5 View Post
    how does ND even get consideration? they dont have a QB worth a nickel
    They are Notre Dame...

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by The DiB View Post
    Exactly. Boise knows that if they want their season to mean anything on a national level, they HAVE to get up for this game. Georgia, not so much. Georgia can still have a relevant season if they lose to Boise. I'd give the motivation factor edge to Boise.
    In my opinion season openers are unpredictable and not worth betting on, but I wouldn't put too much stock into boise st having more motivation than Georgia. Both teams just sat out a long time, and they will both be playing to win their first game of the season. Just because Boise St. needs to win more than Georgia, it doesn't mean they will, nor does it mean they will be more motivated. Any football team is going to get hyped up for the first game of the season no matter what. I would agree with your argument if Georgia already lost a few games and they were feeling down on themselves, but The first game of the year every team starts with a perfect record with no losses on it and they all think they can win the national championship, and that fact is especially true for a team in the SEC. I doubt Georgia will be pulling any punches or sleeping through this game. Both teams will bring their A game and the better team will win. I personally think Georgia has a decent chance, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lost either.

First 12