Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am no OSU fan....

But some of you dont understand what a
    "lack of institutional control" is.

If anything - OSU is the complete opposite of a school with a lack of institutional control.

They are the highest violating ADept in all of the nation. The reason that they are so bad is that they have a huge compliance department. They SELF REPORT EVERYTHING that they find out about. This is PART of the reason that they have so many violations and appear so dirty.

I worked for a University in compliance previously, and I understand why they get away with murder at OSU. THE NCAA asks that you be "open and transparent" in your violations and that you report them immediately.

OSU has done all of this with the violations that occurred. Even when it meant trashing a coach that otherwise had an impeccable (as far as events being proven) record.

Those of you that think they are going to get the "dealth penalty" (which I question whether some people here even know what that is) are most likely very wrong.

As for the cars - that is a whole other issue. The school again would have to have been found to have some knowledge of it. Again, not an easy thing to prove.

Finally, Let me say - that while I am again no big fan of OSU, This sort of thing is happening at probably every school within the top 40 schools in the rankings each year (and probably many that arent)

Remember - the only reason that this even came to light was due to a federal invesigation. If you think your schools are so "clean" you are as big of a moron as tressel and the players that sold their stuff....so you can all quit patting yourselves on the back that your school is so clean, and OSU is so "dirty"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MadTiger

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    But some of you dont understand what a
    "lack of institutional control" is.

If anything - OSU is the complete opposite of a school with a lack of institutional control.

They are the highest violating ADept in all of the nation. The reason that they are so bad is that they have a huge compliance department. They SELF REPORT EVERYTHING that they find out about. This is PART of the reason that they have so many violations and appear so dirty.

I worked for a University in compliance previously, and I understand why they get away with murder at OSU. THE NCAA asks that you be "open and transparent" in your violations and that you report them immediately.

OSU has done all of this with the violations that occurred. Even when it meant trashing a coach that otherwise had an impeccable (as far as events being proven) record.

Those of you that think they are going to get the "dealth penalty" (which I question whether some people here even know what that is) are most likely very wrong.

As for the cars - that is a whole other issue. The school again would have to have been found to have some knowledge of it. Again, not an easy thing to prove.

Finally, Let me say - that while I am again no big fan of OSU, This sort of thing is happening at probably every school within the top 40 schools in the rankings each year (and probably many that arent)

Remember - the only reason that this even came to light was due to a federal invesigation. If you think your schools are so "clean" you are as big of a moron as tressel and the players that sold their stuff....so you can all quit patting yourselves on the back that your school is so clean, and OSU is so "dirty"
    Without commenting on specifics, it' difficult for me not to agree with the general premise here. Wherever there is money to be made, corruption is sure to follow and as we all know, the playing field will NEVER be level.

Vin_vermillion

Dead on chunk

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Total BS the Bucks are rotten ass cheaters and the proof is in the pudding.

vvvv
    vvvv's Avatar Become A Pro!

lolol

lol me too man i can see where ur coming from

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Total BS the Bucks are rotten ass cheaters and the proof is in the pudding.[/COLOR]

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The cars will do Ohio State in. Allegedly, all deals involving student athletes and cars were cleared by Ohio State. If that is the case, Ohio State is in major trouble. Remember, we are talking the NCAA here, where you are guilty until proven innocent.

Vin_vermillion

LOL - wow that makes it fact.

Raleigh77
    Raleigh77's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree, the self-reporting changes things.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

When has the ncaa investigated something like this where they found someone to be innocent?

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    When has the ncaa investigated something like this where they found someone to be innocent?
    Im not saying they are going to be innocent...or that they ARE in ANY WAY innocent. I am saying the NCAA has a history of going lighter on schools when they self report rather than sweep it under the rug.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

I will agree with that vinny

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

http://cleveland.sbnation.com/ohio-s...one-sold-rings

Former Ohio State wide receiver Ray Small, who played for the team from 2006-2010, told the Ohio State school newspaper that he sold Big Ten championship rings and other memorabilia for cash, and apparently received special deals on cars. Small says that “everyone was doing it” when he played, and this only adds more fuel to the fire that is burning in Columbus right now.