WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Ohio State vs Miami Hurricanes

The September game between Ohio State and Miami will be played in primetime. The big question is how many starters from each team will be in street clothes? The Buckeyes will be without their head coach and several starters and Miami opens the season with Maryland with up to ten players suspended.

Atlantic Coast Conference Commissioner John Swofford announced this week that kickoff in Miami will be at 6:30 p.m. September 17. The game will be broadcast on either ABC or ESPN.

The teams played in Columbus last season, with the Buckeyes winning 36-24. The 2011 matchup will be Ohio State's first trip to play the Hurricanes in Miami.

With all the suspensions going on with these teams, one gets the feeling that the team with the best backups will win.

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I give the edge to OSU's backups. Adams and Posey are huge losses for them though and they don't have adequate backups for either of them.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

i hope osu gets rolled but i dnk about miami as they've been waiting for HOW MANY YEARS now for a legit qb...harris was complete trash

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

[COLOR=#000000 !important]I give the edge to OSU's backups. Adams and Posey are huge losses for them though and they don't have adequate backups for either of them.[/COLOR]

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I don't think Al Golden is that good of a coach either. Seems like when his team really needs to win they don't.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is a critical game for Ohio State. A loss will all but eliminate them from National contention. Miami is hard to figure because no one knows just exactly who will be playing, or who the starting QB will be.

WorkHorse

BD, neither team knows who their starting quarterback will be. The QB who has the better game will probably win this thing.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I agree. If I were Ohio State, I would start the kid, Braxton Miller. He is the future of the team, so why not give him his baptism under fire in this game? As far as Miami is concerned, they remind me of a dysfunctional family at this time. I have no idea what they will do.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is a critical game for Ohio State. A loss will all but eliminate them from National contention. Miami is hard to figure because no one knows just exactly who will be playing, or who the starting QB will be.
    wasn't harris ahead in chart this spring

WorkHorse

Cougars...not really.

Quarterbacks Jacory Harris and Spencer Whipple have both had a problem protecting the football during the spring. Neither one has separated themselves as far as No. 1. Harris is so inconsistent that he is allowing Whipple to make a move. Neither QB's had good springs..........

Add to that...the damn receivers dropped 67 passes last season.

luckyutah
    luckyutah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

If you replace "Spencer Whipple" with the name "Stephen Morris," then your post is correct. Golden states that Harris and Morris are even. He probably won't name a starter until late August.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

These are the sorts of games I stay away from; unless you have real, in depth insight into each team there are just too many variables.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Ohio State is a good team to stay away from, period. With all the distractions going on there, no one is really going toknow where the minds of the players are going to be. Miami is almost as bad. Pass.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

harris just throws hail mary's to the safety 4 or 5 times a game. The real question if harris gets the start is, how well can the ohio st safety catch pop flies? Forget the Hurricane receivers dropping passes, if Miami wants to win then they will need a butter finger safety on Ohio St. Harris will eventually throw a TD on one or two of those ugly looking ducks he tosses side armed to no mans land. I just hope Miami finds a guy that can complete a pass to a player wearing a similar colored jersey. Last season against Ohio st harris was the only reason Miami didn't win the game. He threw like 4 or 5 picks in the 1rst half. It's painful to watch that kid play, because he does have the scrambling ability, but he just doesn't know when to dump the ball off to a slot receiver. You can't win games in division 1 football throwing 67 percent hail mary passes.

mangina11
    mangina11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    harris just throws hail mary's to the safety 4 or 5 times a game. The real question if harris gets the start is, how well can the ohio st safety catch pop flies? Forget the Hurricane receivers dropping passes, if Miami wants to win then they will need a butter finger safety on Ohio St. Harris will eventually throw a TD on one or two of those ugly looking ducks he tosses side armed to no mans land. I just hope Miami finds a guy that can complete a pass to a player wearing a similar colored jersey. Last season against Ohio st harris was the only reason Miami didn't win the game. He threw like 4 or 5 picks in the 1rst half. It's painful to watch that kid play, because he does have the scrambling ability, but he just doesn't know when to dump the ball off to a slot receiver. You can't win games in division 1 football throwing 67 percent hail mary passes.
    Amen, can we get a quarterback this year to step up! I for one will be at the game!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Whenever you have a QB that throws more INT's than TD passes, you have a major problem, and that is exactly what Harris did last season (14 TD's, 15 INT's). The biggest problem Harris has is in the judgement department. Harris is a Senior now that has gone from potential All American to a has been very quickly. Morris has a lot more poise and seems to have a lot more upstairs than Harris. If I am Golden, Morris is my starting QB.

luckyutah
    luckyutah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

If Harris is the QB, Miami comes away with 8 to 9 wins in 2011. If Morris is the starting QB, Miami wins only 7 or 8. However, Morris needs to start in order to prepare him for 2012, when Miami has a better shot at the ACC title and a BCS game. If Harris starts this season, that only sets Morris back.

redrum
    Update your status
    redrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

the canes will roll trust better mindset of the players