cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Civil suit filed against AU trustee selection committee-Target=Bobby Lowder

As many know Lowder and his wreckless friends still pretty much control everything Auburn does. A civil suit has been filed from a former alumni association president to overturn the nominations of B.L. and eight others to Auburn's Governors Board. The lawsuit claims the 'secret meeting' violates the state's "open meetings act". The secretary of state did not file a notice of the meeting, which is required by state law.

http://www2.oanow.com/news/2011/may/...io-ar-1822476/

Suit filed over Lowder nomination

Plaintiff alleges panel broke state open meetings law

A lawsuit was filed Friday seeking to invalidate the nomination of Bobby Lowder and eight others to Auburn University's governing panel. Andy Hornsby, former president of the Auburn Alumni Association, alleges that Gov. Robert Bentley and the selection panel violated the state's Open Meeting Law.

Related

By Donathan Prater | Opelika-Auburn News
    Published: May 09, 2011
    Updated: May 09, 2011 - 7:46 PM

A former alumni association president filed a civil suit against members of the Auburn University trustee selection committee to overturn the nomination of Bobby Lowder and eight others to AU’s governing board.
    The lawsuit, filed on Friday in Lee County Circuit Court, claims the committee violated the state’s Open Meetings Act by improperly going to executive session and failing to give proper notice of the meeting as required by state law.

Consequently, the suit asks for the court to overturn the nominations made during the meeting.
    “It’s filed in my name only, but I represent many, many Auburn people,” former alumni head Andy Hornsby said.
    Gov. Robert Bentley, current Auburn Alumni Association President Bobby Poundstone, AU trustees Raymond Harbert and John Blackwell and alumni association members Howard Nelson and Nancy Young Fortner were named as defendants in the suit.

Hornsby says many other “prominent Auburn people” were interested in joining him in filing the lawsuit as well as offering help in underwriting the cost.
    As of Monday, the governor’s office has not received a copy of the suit, said Rebekah Mason, director of communications for Bentley’s office.
    “If and when we are served with a lawsuit and our legal department has had a chance to review it, we will certainly have a comment,” Mason said.
    The lawsuit comes after the committee drew criticism from Hornsby and others in the Auburn family for nominating Lowder to another term on the board.

Hornsby previously called Lowder a lightening rod for controversy on the board.
    Lowder, who has served on the board since 1983, and fellow trustees Jimmy Rane, Virginia Thompson, Sarah Newton, the Rev. Byron Franklin and Charles McCrary were renominated for new terms.
    Ben Thomas Roberts of Mobile, James Hopson Sanford of Prattville and Elizabeth Huntley of Clanton were nominated to join the board.
    The nominations must be approved by the Alabama Senate.
    Montgomery-based firm Lewis, Bush and Faulk LLC filed the lawsuit on behalf of Hornsby.
    “We’re not suing the selection committee in and of itself, but individual members of the selection committee,” attorney Anthony Bush said Monday.
    Hornsby said he was contacted soon after the April 18 committee meeting about the illegality of the proceedings.

“I got a call from a prominent media source in Montgomery that was knowledgeable about the Alabama Open Meetings Act and said that notice of the meeting was not filed by the secretary of state as required by law,” Hornsby said on Monday.
    Hornsby said he then contacted R. Cooper Shattuck, Bentley’s legal adviser, to inquire whether notice of the meeting had been filed.
    “I asked him to look into it and get back to me, and he never did,” said Hornsby, who was reluctant to go forward with any legal action in the wake of the recent tornadoes.
    “However, with the Friday deadline looming to file the suit, I decided that I’d better go ahead and file it, even though I hope that the Senate remains firm in their conviction not to confirm the nominees put forth in this illegal meaning,” Hornsby said.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Lowder is a "slug", but Auburn won't divorce themselves from him because he is a money train.

I know many Auburn people who are ashamed of the school's continued relationship with the guy.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Lowder officially steps down after 30 years of being on board of trustees.
    Guy pretty much runs everything in auburn.

Says too many people were picking on him.

http://www2.oanow.com/news/2011/may/...nt-ar-1851217/

they still have jimmy rane around to fukk things up for them.