Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Georiga -12

I love the dawgs coming off a loss here, TN is awful and the QB position is in shambles. Anyone else like the dawgs?

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

of course but this is another rivalry game. Tenn always plays a great game against UGA. Dont think Tenn has the talent this year to compete though. I dont know what UGAs record is of covering the spread but I doubt its a good one. UGA is not a team geared towards covering spreads IMO.
    I'll still bet it at -12 though. When I checked it was at -13

The Horse
    The Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

tennessee always palys georgia a great game especially in athens

i am a tennessee fan and i just dont see us scoring more than 7 this year. we will finish last in the SEC east or tie with kentucky

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

12 seems like a good bet... Waiting to see if the lines drop anymore..

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

The number is creeping down to -11.5 in a few books, just a little more and I will hammer the Dawgs at home in a statement game for this program!!

mmike032

I've seen 11.5 so far, I doubt it will get any lower. but I still think thats a great bet considering Tenn lack of skill compared to UGA.
    Remember this is also a revenge game for UGA, along with a week off after getting hammered by Bama.
    I can see Bobo opening up the playbook in this one early to jump to a big lead.

xyzky

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    I've seen 11.5 so far, I doubt it will get any lower. but I still think thats a great bet considering Tenn lack of skill compared to UGA.
    Remember this is also a revenge game for UGA, along with a week off after getting hammered by Bama.
    I can see Bobo opening up the playbook in this one early to jump to a big lead.
    Completely agree here, also I might just buy the hook!

Lout84
    Lout84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Tenn and the points. This is a reverse line movement. The public is hammering the BullDogs yet the line keeps dropping. Take the Vols!

xyzky

I hate reverse line movements...TN sucks though!!
    What to do? What to do?

mmike032

dont take Tenn
    if in doubt take UGA 1st half ML

Lout84
    Lout84's Avatar Become A Pro!

If in doubt, don't bet on this line. Only bet lines in which you are confident. If you bet on a game when you are not confident then you have a gambling problem!

xyzky

Don't we all have gambling problems!!
    I am probably just gonna let this one go.

mmike032

Daniel Elerbe is out for UGA. But Brandon Southerland returns this week which is great news. those 3rd and short yardages and goalline situations will be almost automatic with Southerland back.
    Losing Ellerbe will hurt the Dawgs but not in this game. I believe Tenn is starting their Freshman QB again this week. This will be his first start agaisnt an SEC team.
    Young QB facing a good SEC defense is going to lead to mistakes.

ONly postives I can think of for Tenn is that their backs are agaisnt the wall for the rest of the season and Fulmers job is on the line. Colquitt returns to the lineup after serving his suspension so that will help the kicking game. They have a strong RB that can break long runs in the blink of an eye. Their offense scheme also resembles bamas with the playactions and short passes. Dont expect GAs corners to be giving 10 YD cushions like they did agaisnt Bama.

Positives for UGA, well they have superior talent on both sides of the ball and are playing a Tenn team that has looked horrible this year.

But its an SEC rivalry so you never know what to expect. But dont expect to see a fluke like last year with every Tenn player playing the best game of their career.

My prediction:
    UGA 34
    Tenn 17

Mr. Progression
    Mr. Progression's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have a computer model, that says Georgia (-14) in this one. if i can catch an 11, im down on Georgia.

Mr. Progression

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I think Georgia is a decent bet, but a GREAT one if you tease it

bautmike
    bautmike's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great Game

I love this Georgia Game and I'm getting it at -13. This will be a blow out. You always take Georgia coming off a bye week and Tennesee has already given up on the season. Tennesees Defense is beat up, the Offense is in shambles and Athens is a tough place to play. Watch for Georgia to run this score up as they were embarrassed last year at Tennessee. The fans will be ready and the bulldogs will not let the fans down. I had Bama 2 weeks ago, merely on the "Curse of the Jersey" bet (Any team wearing special colored jersey). Revenge factor is huge for this Bulldog team. After the bye week last year, they had Florida and crushed em. Take the Bulldogs big as they want to get back some votes and prove they are for real.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I said at the beginning of the year, there's two teams Georgia won't lose to this year: South Carolina & Tennessee. That is, of course, not really counting the spead. What I do know is that Georgia will be out for blood. Tennessee's offense is bad...really bad. But their defense is pretty good still. The key here is the bye week. Look at Georgia's record coming off bye weeks or breaks over the last few years. Georgia is a beast coming off the bye.

2007: Florida W 42-30
    Hawaii W 41-10

2006: GT W 15-12
    Virginia Tech W 31-24

2005 Tennessee W 27-14
    Auburn L 31-30
    WV L 38-35

2004: LSU W 45-16
    GT W 19-13
    Wisc W 24-21

2003: Bama W 37-23
    Auburn W 26-7
    Purdue W 34-31

2002: South Carolina W 13-7
    GT W 51-7
    FSU W 26-13

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by bautmike View Post
    I love this Georgia Game and I'm getting it at -13. This will be a blow out. You always take Georgia coming off a bye week and Tennesee has already given up on the season. Tennesees Defense is beat up, the Offense is in shambles and Athens is a tough place to play. Watch for Georgia to run this score up as they were embarrassed last year at Tennessee. The fans will be ready and the bulldogs will not let the fans down. I had Bama 2 weeks ago, merely on the "Curse of the Jersey" bet (Any team wearing special colored jersey). Revenge factor is huge for this Bulldog team. After the bye week last year, they had Florida and crushed em. Take the Bulldogs big as they want to get back some votes and prove they are for real.
    mark richt will not run the score up. never has and never will. Doesnt matter the situation. Hes one of the more classy coaches in college football and feels no need to embarrass the opponet no matter the situation.( excluding the endzone celebration in the FLA game last yr ) but that was merely stragety to get his team fired up and it worked
    If they get up by 20 in come the B-teamers.

CaneDawg
    CaneDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will be there Saturday.

As a UGA grad. I don't play the Dawgs often. I lost too much money on them in college. Tennessee will try to run it right down our throats much like last year. The difference is there is no threat of the pass without Erik Anige.

Georgia will start fast on offense as Richt had an extra week to plan. Tennessee will turn it over trying to pass.

Dawgs 35
    Vols 17

Lay the points.

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by CaneDawg View Post
    I will be there Saturday.

As a UGA grad. I don't play the Dawgs often. I lost too much money on them in college. Tennessee will try to run it right down our throats much like last year. The difference is there is no threat of the pass without Erik Anige.

Georgia will start fast on offense as Richt had an extra week to plan. Tennessee will turn it over trying to pass.

Dawgs 35
    Vols 17

Lay the points.
    have a great time, nothing in the world like Athens, GA on a Fall Saturday

My brother is also a UGA grad and gets tickets to a few different games every year. I havent gone since LSU game '06
    Where you live Canedog?

CaneDawg

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    have a great time, nothing in the world like Athens, GA on a Fall Saturday

My brother is also a UGA grad and gets tickets to a few different games every year. I havent gone since LSU game '06
    Where you live Canedog?
    South Georgia...about an hour north of Tallahassee, FL

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

let me guess...Albany?

awholelottalumps
    awholelottalumps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

It's Georgia by the way.I take it you didn't win any spelling bees,lol.

CaneDawg

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    let me guess...Albany?
    nope

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by CaneDawg View Post
    nope
    Bainbridge?

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by awholelottalumps View Post
    It's Georgia by the way.I take it you didn't win any spelling bees,lol.
    C'mon man you've never heard of Atalanta, Georiga?