WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

What about the GEORGIA BULLDOGS

After a 6-7 season last year, Mark Richt and the Dawgs need to have a good season during 2011. Richt has a 104-38 record during his ten years in Athens, but the past two seasons have been disappointments. A good start against Boise State and South Carolina before a scrimmage with Coastal Carolina will set the stage for the season.

Nonconference opponents (with 2010 record)
    Sept. 3: Boise State (12-1) in Atlanta
    Sept. 17: Coastal Carolina (6-6)
    Nov. 5: New Mexico State (2-10)
    Nov. 26: Georgia Tech (6-7)

SEC home games
    Sept. 10: South Carolina
    Oct. 1: Mississippi State
    Nov. 12: Auburn
    Nov. 19: Kentucky

SEC road games
    Sept. 24: at Ole Miss
    Oct. 8: at Tennessee
    Oct. 15: at Vanderbilt
    Oct. 29: at Florida (Jacksonville)

Georgia gets a break with the schedule by not having to play Alabama, LSU or Arkansas. Starting with a September 24 trip to Oxford to face Ole Miss, the Dawgs will be on the road three of the next four weeks before heading down to Jacksonville to play Florida (after a bye week). Georgia finishes with three straight home games and one at Georgia Tech...all of which the Bulldogs should be favored in.

I really like this team. By my count 16 starters will return including both kickers and a good young quarterback. The defense should be greatly improved and you have to know after last year's record, there's a sense of urgency with this football team.

As always, I welcome your comments...........................

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Georgia certainly has the easiest road in the SEC East. Florida must host Alabama, and play LSU, Auburn, and South Carolina on the road. South Carolina goes to Georgia, Miss. State and Arkansas. The big question becomes what Richt can do to light a fire under this team. He has been a major underachiever in the past two years. The defense also loses 3 of last years starting 4 LB's. The offensive line is going to need some major work. I do not think there is an SEC East Team capable of losing less than 3 games, including UGA. The SEC East race is wide open.

WorkHorse

I agree BD, the SEC East is up for grabs. If I had to bet my last dollar on who wins it, I'd have to go with South Carolina. I just have a gut feeling the Georgia Bulldogs are going to make a strong run this season.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

i´m liking the dawgs to grab the east, technically this is their best moment to get back on the sec champ game and return to be relevant. South Carolina is the team to beat, but with that team and qb you never know,

WorkHorse

Right on Cougars. If Georgia can beat South Carolina in the second game at home, then that will be a huge advantage for the Dawgs toward not only a good season, but winning the SEC East. Georgia has won 7 of the last 9 games against South Carolina.

Note of interest. The winner of this game has scored 20 points or less in 8 of the last 10 years. Last year South Carolina won 17-6. This year could be another good UNDER play if you like to play totals.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It is an excellent wager. These guys normally play it close to the vest.

WorkHorse

BD, I know you and I differ on the outcome of the Boise State/Georgia opener...but another advantage for the Bulldogs is the proposed self-imposed sanctions offered to the NCAA by Boise State this week. Boise has offered to cut three scholarships for this season and cut practice time before the first game with Georgia. A distraction the Bluemen don't need....especially against a fired up bunch of Dawgs.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

I need to mark this so I have it on ready review this Summer.

WorkHorse

Georgia probably has the best quarterback in the SEC. He did lose the best receiver in Bulldog history to the NFL, but he has a great tightend and several promising young wide receivers. The Dawgs are three deep with quality running backs and will pound the ball a lot this season.

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Georgia is notorious for starting off slow. This could come back to bite them this year against Spurrier and co. Their game against South Carolina is in week 2, and will mean a lot more than it usually does. Then there's the fact they can't beat Florida. I could see them and South Carolina with 2 sec losses at the end of the year, with the tie breaker belonging to South Carolina.

WorkHorse

Dib, having two quality games to start the season should be a motivator for the Georgia players this summer. They'll work a little harder than if they were opening up with Western Kentucky and Kent State.

If Georgia starts off slow this season it could turn into a long one. I think they come out firing against Boise and S. Carolina.

The DiB

Valid point, which is probably why Richt agreed to play Boise. Things will get ugly down there real fast if they don't come out firing though

WorkHorse

Dib, my friend Bigdaddy and I use to enjoy a knowledgeable football poster at another network who you remind me of. He hit 68% a few years back in college football. Hell of a year and we won a lot of money off his picks. Crashed the next season but that's gambling.

Ever heard of The Noob my friend?

The DiB

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Dib, my friend Bigdaddy and I use to enjoy a knowledgeable football poster at another network who you remind me of. He hit 68% a few years back in college football. Hell of a year and we won a lot of money off his picks. Crashed the next season but that's gambling.

Ever heard of The Noob my friend?
    Never heard of him, SBR is my only home.

Anyway, looks like more bad news for UGA [possibly]....rumors floating around that Georgia RB Caleb King and starting OT Aj Harmon are going to be ruled academically ineligible. Could be devastating after Ealey's departure yesterday and Trinton Sturdivant's ACL tear.

blinky88
    blinky88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bulldogs