WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

What about the FLORIDA GATORS?

The Florida Gators were a power-house under Urban Meyer. Meyer is now gone and a new coaching staff takes over. What can we expect of the Gators during the 2011 season? Good question and I'm not sure anyone knows...I sure as heck don't.

Nonconference opponents (2010 records)

Sept. 3: Florida Atlantic (4-8)
    Sept. 10: UAB (4-8)
    Nov. 19: Furman (5-6)
    Nov. 26: Florida State (10-4)

SEC home games:
    Sept. 24: Tenessee
    Oct. 1: Alabama
    Nov. 5: Vanderbilt
    Oct. 5: Georgia (Jacksonville, Fla)

SEC road games:
    Sept. 24: at Kentucky
    Oct. 8: at LSU
    Oct. 15: at Auburn
    Nov. 12: at South Carolina

Florida gets Alabama at home on Oct. 1 and then hits the road the next week to face LSU. The Crimson Tide and Tigers will both open the season ranked in the top-5 in the country. After that those two wars, Florida will remain on the road to face defending SEC champion Auburn.

The month of October will tell us a lot about where this program is headed under new coach Muschamp. Over and above games against Alabama, Georgia and LSU, a trip to Auburn is included in this brutal stretch, and the Tigers have had the Gators' number. Florida has lost three of its last four to Auburn, and the win came in overtime. Florida also has to travel to South Carolina on November 12, which will be the Gators' fourth game away from home in five outings. There's some tough sledding ahead during the first season without Meyer.

As always, welcome your comments................................ ..

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I promis you that my team has no idea of what to expect from them. They look like a sure loser against Florida State, but the rest of their non-con schedule is the usual cream puff variety. They will have a very difficult time defeating Alabama and LSU. The game at Auburn is no lock. They go to South Carolina. Who knows what will happen against UGA. The closest we can figure is that Florida will win between 6 and 9 games. 10 is a very outside possibility.

Work, how are the mules doing? I hope they are all O.K.

WorkHorse

BD, everyone is dog tired. We have been out delivering water, ice and other needs to some of the hardiest hit communities. Really sad when so many have lost everything. Some really good people here in Alabama and everyone is pitching in and helping. More than 300,000 families still don't have electricity and many don't even have a home.

I almost lost it a few minutes ago reading a poster at this forum and I won't forget him. Believe me I won't forget the heartless SOB.

Thanks BD for your concern and players.................

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Thanks BD for your concern and players.................

design
    design's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, I have my own opinion about Florida Gators. I think these guys can perform well and beat even the best teams. You know how it always happens when those, who are thought to be outsiders, become stars.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

WH, you are a real trooper to keep up the forum writeups with all the work you have been doing there in the real world.

On Florida, new coaches statistically do worse than longer term coaches, so odds are whoever comes in will do worse (on average) than the older coach.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina are basically the frontrunners. Georgia has the schedule advantage, playing South Carolina at home. They also play Auburn, and both Mississippi teams from the West. Florida gets Auburn, Alabama, and LSU. South Carolina also gets Auburn, along with Arkansas and Miss.. State. Florida is on the short end of that deal.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Until Florida dumps that QB that started last year, they will continue to struggle.

I say that b/c I have never seen a QB struggle under Urban Meyer. He has sent just about every QB, who has started for him, to the pros.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Until Florida dumps that QB that started last year, they will continue to struggle.

I say that b/c I have never seen a QB struggle under Urban Meyer. He has sent just about every QB, who has started for him, to the pros.
    That had more to do with the skill set of Brantley, and how badly it fit into Meyer's offense.

The kid isn't built or wired to be a spread QB.

People forget---how Cam Newton not been a felon---or an academic cheat---he would have been Meyer's QB last year and not Gene Chizik's.

Wrecktangle

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post

People forget---how Cam Newton not been a felon---or an academic cheat---he would have been Meyer's QB last year and not Gene Chizik's.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

WorkHorse

I have been told that Florida has contacted Russell Wilson, the North Carolina State quarterback who is transferring. I don't know this to be fact, but I do know several SEC schools are interested in getting Wilson for his final season.

Wilson lead the ACC in total offense last year.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I have also heard that Tennessee is interensted. Either way, he will not be available until the 2012 season. He must sit out a year.

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

pretty sure Wilson is available immediately as he has graduated. new NCAA rule allows transfer without having to sit out for those players.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope those cheaters never win another game.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

i hope wilson will be available

Wrecktangle

Quote Originally Posted by RPP View Post
    We have a saying in the Navy, "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."

Your boys in Cincy seem to get it, why not you?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by RPP View Post
    Cheaters? Where do you get that? Meyer ran a clean program with the exception of Gainesville police arresting guys for throwing hoagie sandwiches and parking tickets BS.

UF took a huge step backwards with Janoris Jenkins getting kicked off the team for smoking the sticky icky. Weedville, er Gville has some of the best green in the country. It makes athletes go stupid.