AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Thursday Night plays

I think I am going to put something small on a couple of the games tonight.

Utah -11

I like Utah tonight basically because Oregon St. is coming off that big win against USC and this is a big let down spot. On the road against a very talented Utah team that has hopes of being a BCS buster. I would really love this pick if I could get it at -10 so I might wait and see or buy a point to get it down there. Utah watched last week and saw what Oregon is capable of so don't think they are going to come into this game taking this team lightly. Utah also needs to not only win games but put up big numbers to impress voters if they want a shot at a BCS bowl so they won't be afraid to run up the score a little bit.

Pitt +14

Everything tells me that I shouldn't like Pitt in this game because of how horrible they are and they are a big dog on the road against a more talented team but this basically is their season. If they win this game the Big East title is all but theirs as no one else in that conference can get out of their own way. So a win could possibly mean a BCS bowl game for them. Do I really think they can win this game? Probably not, but I think they make it interesting and keep it close. No one really knows how effective Selvie is going to be for SF as he has been questionable all week but looks like he is going to give it a go. I also think about 80% of the bettors are going with South Florida in this one and its always nice to Fade the public. Buying a half point wouldn't be a bad idea on this one either.

Everyone let me know what you think of the picks. Insight is always welcome and GL to everyone tonight!

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am not playing either game, but I think both plays are decent.

I agree with your reasoning too, but I just couldn't pull the trigger.

themajormt
    Yanks!!
    themajormt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where did you see 80%???

I am showing 60/40 with majority on USF...

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by themajormt View Post
    Where did you see 80%???

You're right, I think he was making an assumption.

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Quote Originally Posted by themajormt View Post
    Where did you see 80%???

Sportsinsights was showing 80% about midday yesterday....a lot more must have come in on Pitt...either way still fading the public a bit

themajormt
    Yanks!!
    themajormt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ya a bit... But 63% hit Boise yesterday... I dont like to pay attention to %'s until its in the 70%+ range... I am fading the over in the Utah game...