Regular Plays (5-1)(+3.90 units)

Overall (8-2)(+7.60 units)

FOR THE SEASON
    Best Bets (4-4)(-1.20 units)
    Strong Plays (8-3)(+9.40 units)
    Regular Plays (17-12)(+4.90 units)

Overall (29-18)(+13.10 units)

COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK SIX

Week five was a great week for me winning 8 of 10 games and picking up 7.60 units. Not happy with my best bets going 4-4 on the year, but my strong plays have more than made up for it. Even my regular plays which normally only win about 50% are doing well. Hard to believe it is October already and we are starting week six already.

Wednesday, October 1st

La Tech +24 vs. Boise St (regular play)………………Playing those midweek evening games again, but only for one unit. I like Florida Atlantic last night, but could not pull the trigger on such a goofy game. Everybody knows about Boise’s blue turf and how easy they can blow you out. They just don’t lose there. That big home field advantage is built into this line, because La Tech should not be getting over three touchdowns. I think they are a decent team who will not be intimidated at Boise. Too many points here. Lets call it Boise St 40-27.

Thursday, October 2nd

Pittsburgh +13.5 vs. S Florida (strong play)…………..I really like this one, but will not have a best bet on coach Dave. This is the only time I will take Pitt. When they are supposed to get killed they usually don’t. S Florida might not be as good as they were supposed to be either. The whole Big East is over rated. Now if Pitt was playing S Florida St Tech, they would probably lose. Pitt will bring their A-game in this one and at least get the cover with a chance to win it in the fourth quarter.

Oregon St +11.5 vs. Utah (best bet)…………Despite OSU’s big win over USC last week, Utah is the better team here. Despite that, I am taking a team with a ton of confidence going into this one. Pac 10 is definitely the better conference and I think a midlevel Pac 10 team is nearly as good as a top tier team from the Mountain West. The only thing that scares me is this game looks like you can put a million dollars on Oregon St. I thought BYU was supposed to be the team to beat in that conference this year. Who knows….Oregon St might even with this game, but I feel very good about getting over ten points with what might be the better team.

Friday, October 3rd

Taking a pass on this night. It is my night to go out to dinner with the in-laws and have a few drinks anyway.

Saturday, October 4th

Rice +14 vs. Tulsa (best bet)……………..Maybe over is the best thing to do in this one, but I suck at totals, so I am taking a side here. Rice can put a lot of points on the board, that is for sure and 14 with an offense like that is as solid as it gets. Only problem is Tulsa has a very good chance of scoring more. I would not be surprised to see 80-90 points scores in this one. I also think it is going to be the type of game in which whoever gets and ball last will score and win the game. If I am right about that then getting 14 points will be a winner. I just love all those points with an offense I am getting with Rice. I don’t see an outright win though, although they will be in it right until the end. Lets call it Tulsa 48-41.

Oregon +16.5 vs. USC (strong play)…………..All of a sudden USC is not unbeatable are they? I will admit there is a gigantic difference with SC being at home and they are going to be angry and could very well blow Oregon out, but I don’t see it happening. No way USC is going to lose this game outright…not in a million years, but I think college football is much about not only ability, but confidence and thinking you go do something. Oregon is not that bad a team at all and I really think they feel they can at least hang with SC here, especially after beating them last year although that was at Oregon. I think this line is maybe seven points higher than it should be. I see value in that and will take it. USC 31-23.

The rest of these are just regular plays for just one unit. I like them enough to play them, but as usual my write-ups on these ones will be shorter.

W Michigan -5 vs. Ohio (regular play)…………..This one almost made a strong play. I won’t pretend to know very much about either team, but from what I have read W Michigan is clearly the better team, especially on offense and will have no problem outscoring Ohio is this one. Based on the line you would almost think this game was at Ohio. This one might be the sucker bet of the week. Won’t be the first time I have been called a sucker.

Purdue +13.5 vs. Penn State (regular play)…………..I really think Penn State might be the best team in the Big 10 this year or at the very least right up there with Ohio State. Penn State has only played one decent team though and that was at home. This Purdue team is not as good as recent versions we have seen, but it is the first time PSU is going on the road and playing a team that does not suck. Penn State did not look all that great vs. Illinois last week and I think they will struggle but win this game. I would love to wait this out and see if the line goes to 14, but I don’t want to risk it going to 13 just in case.

Baylor +27 vs. Oklahoma (regular play)…………..Oklahoma just might be the best team in the country this year. I thought last weeks game was going to be much closer than it was, but with it being a night game and they got a chance to see all the upsets sort of reminded them that they cannot overlook anybody. There is just something about this Baylor team that I keep taking them I don’t know why though. Always tough to win on the road, but to destroy a team on the road is another story. I think Baylor can score enough to get the cover. I just don’t see the Sooners being up for this one.

Florida St +2.5 vs. Miami-Florida (regular play)…………..Not that long ago this would have been a premier match up for the season, a game you did not want to miss. Hard to believe how both programs have gone down hill. I think FSU is closer to bringing their program back than the Hurricanes are. Even though at Miami, my gut tells me Florida State is the better team and will find a way to win this game.

Vanderbilt +4.5 vs. Auburn (regular play)…………….Why not? Vandy was supposed to really be bad this year, but they are having a magical season so far. Sure it could end vs. Auburn, but I am going to ride this Vandy team out until things change for them. They have always been a tough home dog to start with. I really think Vandy wins outright and the magic continues, or they get there butts handed to them. I will go with the magic another week.

Connecticut +7 vs. N Carolina (regular play)……………When I first saw this line I could not believe it, then I learned Connecticut’s QB is out and I understood why, but I am sticking with them. Carolina is improved that is for sure, the U Conn plays defense and can run the ball. That is a good combination when getting a touchdown vs. maybe an all of a sudden over-rated N Carolina team.

I must be crazy playing eleven games, but might as well strike while the iron is hot because we all know it will cool down sooner or later.

Good Luck Everybody!!

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

jillmark,

good to have you over here...you are a solid capper...GL to you...