rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

NCAA Week 6

Last Week: 5-8, -8.9

YTD: 11-14, -8.3

Last week was dreadful. Hoping for better results this weekend.

5* Illinois +3 (BookMaker): It’s interesting (and ridiculous) that Michigan can be +6.5 last week against Wisconsin and -3 this week against an Illini squad that’s better than Wisky. While UM’s defense matched up well against Wisky’s one-dimensional, conservative offense, that’s not the case against a more balanced Illini attack with speed all over the field. And despite UM’s defense being quite good and easily the strength of this year’s team, a QB with the ability to run, certainly a description befitting of Juice Williams’ abilities, has been the school’s most glaring weakness for several seasons now, something that won’t change under Rich Rodriguez.

Michigan’s second half comeback last week was impressive, mostly because of how inept the offense looked in the first half, but it’s still an offense that, excluding Steven Threet’s late 58-yard scamper and Brandon Minor’s 34-yard TD run, averaged a terrible 2.8 yards per play. There are no playmakers on offense – McGuffie has the potential to be one, but working behind an inexperienced O-line will likely prevent it from happening this season – and they can’t protect the football. UM’s defense not only kept them in the game against Wisky, but pretty much won the game. That’s unlikely to be the case against a versatile Illinois offense that provides many more challenges, and UM’s offense is far from being ready to win this game.

2* Vanderbilt +4.5 (WSEX): I’m a believer. Not that Vandy will hold on to its current spot atop the SEC East, but that they’re capable of playing with anyone in the conference, and certainly on their home field. And despite how good Auburn’s defense is and as much as I respect Tommy Tuberville, Auburn’s offense has struggled and will likely continue to until they become more familiar with the spread offense installed late last season. I don’t feel QB Chris Todd is necessarily the right person to run the offense, and with RB Brad Lester banged up (although he’s likely to play) this will be a difficult game for Auburn to win on the road against a rapidly improving Vandy program.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

ILLINOIS is play of the week IMO. Like Vanderbilt as well.

gm2022
    gm2022's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Ill Ml is a better play than +3, some will argue but I see this being a 10+ win unless Ill comes out flat and gets ran over! Fk who knows what Michigan team will show up Sat

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

rjt,

with you on Vandy...keep up the good capping, your record and profit margin will ultimately take care of itself...