jackmyhoggoff
    jackmyhoggoff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    My wife bought me 2 tickets for the Bama/Penn St. game so you know what that means......ROAD TRIP......me and a friend are leaving that Thurs. Airfare check, hotel reservations check, what to do or where to go in Happy Valley on Fri. night ???????? there is the problem we have never been. So any posters have any must go to bars or resturants please post....Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SELL Them! Chase WOMEN & get laid!

Kufta4
    Kufta4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Basically, you are headed into a college town. Penn State will be coming off a cream puff home opener against an FCS team, so you may see the fans a bit higher than normal for this game. I have not heard of any problems for visiting teams there, so you should have a good time. Penn State has a huge stadium which is much noisier than one thinks. It is noisier than any SEC stadium. The good news is that the fans tend to quiet down substantially if Penn State is not playing well.
    Fans being "higher" for this game has nothing to do with Indiana State. Fans will be pumped up for the simple fact that this is Bama.

I can tell you that 95% of all the people there will be friendly and most will invite you to their tailgate if you walk past, especially because you are Alabama. I am being honest when I say I have never seen so much respect between two programs before. There are posts on Audibles on scout.com of people calling for the stadium to cheer when Alabama takes the field instead of boo like we do for other opponents (which some people dislike but I see as no big deal. I don't find booing the opponent a big deal). That other 5% makes up the idiots. And remember, every single school/game in America has idiots. Penn State is no different.

Penn State is loud. Very loud. But that's only if the team gives us something to be loud about. Take a 2 or 3 score lead and you'll be able to call out audibles to your WRs.

IF Penn State is in the game, it will be very very loud. I remember being at the 2005 Ohio State game and the crowd forced OSU to take 2 timeouts because of a communication breakdown. The crowd knowing they caused that only makes them louder too. Like I said though, take control of the game and you take control of the crowd.

Anyone going to the game will have an awesome time, that I can guarantee.

Kufta4

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDiRPUiQZHc

yes - loads of class. Best of luck to you. If you beat them, they basically keep their mouths shut, but if they somehow beat Bama, trust me, their fans are ignorant as fuk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDiRPUiQZHc
    So let me get this straight. There are going to be 110,000 people inside that stadium with probably another 50,000 or more outside, totaling about 160,000 or more people and you came up with one video from 6 years ago to show how bad we are.

You, my friend, are a moron.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kufta4 View Post
    So let me get this straight. There are going to be 110,000 people inside that stadium with probably another 50,000 or more outside, totaling about 160,000 or more people and you came up with one video from 6 years ago to show how bad we are.

You, my friend, are a moron.

No you my friend are the effing moron. You're apparently in denial about how your idiot fans act. I have been to 5 games there and every time they act like a bunch of complete jackasses. Maybe it will be different as PSU is promoting good sportsmanship ( largely because they know what a bunch of jackasses their fans are). If you ask people to be civil enough times in that cow patty infested barnyard you call a tailgating area/football field, then maybe they will do it.

Kufta4

No you my friend are the effing moron. You're apparently in denial about how your idiot fans act. I have been to 5 games there and every time they act like a bunch of complete jackasses. Maybe it will be different as PSU is promoting good sportsmanship ( largely because they know what a bunch of jackasses their fans are). If you ask people to be civil enough times in that cow patty infested barnyard you call a tailgating area/football field, then maybe they will do it.
    And you talked to all 160,000 people every time you went or did you come across the 1% of idiot fans that are at every sporting event?...I thought so.

I have a feeling Penn State pounded your favorite team at some point.

Vin_vermillion

Furthermore, it says something when your school has to start a PR campaign to get it's fans to act nicely to incoming fans.

Vin_vermillion

And you talked to all 160,000 people every time you went or did you come across the 1% of idiot fans that are at every sporting event?...I thought so.

I have a feeling Penn State pounded your favorite team at some point.

Lmao. My team consistently kicks PSU s ass. That son- is a fact.

Kufta4

Furthermore, it says something when your school has to start a PR campaign to get it's fans to act nicely to incoming fans.
    Provide a link to this campaign please. Thanks.

Kufta4

Lmao. My team consistently kicks PSU s ass. That son- is a fact.
    And there's really one team who consistently kicks PSU's ass and that would be Ohio State. The problem there is, they had to cheat to do it.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Let me clear some thing up- as previously stated I live and work in State College and attend almost all the home games so consider ne an expert on this topic.
    Penn state fans can be broken into 3 categories

1. The older group of fans who gave been attending games since pattern was an assistant coach. These people are sweethearts who will sit and talk with you, feed you, give you beer and treat as if you are family. 2.the wealthy alumni who have motorhomes and decked buses worth more than mist of " average people's" houses. They have catored tailgates with vintage wine and have people who wait on them at the tailgate. They are snotty arrogant assholes who look down on " average blue collar" people. 3. Then you have the younger college age and mid 20-30's druken obnoxious assholes who will be rude, fight ( but only if they have you outnumbered because they are really pussies). So there you have it the skinny on "happy valley"
    Last edited by khaden; 09-08-11 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Spelling

Kufta4

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    Let me clear some thing up- as previously stated I live and work in State College and attend almost all the home games so consider ne an expert on this topic. Penn state fans can be broken into 3 categories 1. The older group of fans who gave been attending games since pattern was an assistant coach. These people are sweethearts who will sit and talk with you, feed you, give you beer and treat as if you are family. 2.the wealthy alumni who have motorhomes and decked buses worth more than mist of " average people's" houses. They have catored tailgates with vintage wine and have people who wait on them at the tailgate. They are snotty arrogant assholes who look down on " average blue collar" people. 3. Then you have the younger college age and mid 20-30's druken obnoxious assholes who will be rude, fight ( but only if they have you outnumbered because they are really pussies). So there you have it the skinny on "happy valley"
    So you have

1. Very very old people
    2. Rich people who drive up their "homes"
    3. College kids

I think you missed the "regular" people and the regular people make up the majority of the fans. The regular people who have families and drive up and park in the yellow parking lots, pull out their tents and fire up their portable grill. You missed that group and its surprising because they make up the majority of the fans.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

You are correct I left this group out

So you have

1. Very very old people
    2. Rich people who drive up their "homes"
    3. College kids

I think you missed the "regular" people and the regular people make up the majority of the fans. The regular people

who have families and drive up and

park in the yellow parking lots, pull out
    their tents and fire up their portable
    grill. You missed that group and its
    surprising because they make up the
    majority of the fans.
    Correct I forgot this group

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Quote Originally Posted by Geary22 View Post
    I'm a PSU grad, hoping to get back to State College for this game too. Some of my favorite bars down there you might want to check out...Pickle's Tap Room, Phyrst, Cafe 210, Lion's Den, Rathskeller, The Saloon. You can pretty much walk up and down College and Beaver Ave downtown and find a bunch of fun places to go with cheap drinks. Everything is pretty close together right across the street from campus. Also, definitely stop in Are U Hungry for a fat bitch sandwich and some x-tacy fries. Pretty much $10 heart attack but there's nothing better after you've had a few beers.

Have fun at the game.

I mean who dosent want to want down Beaver Ave LOL

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Vin could not have been more wrong if he had tried.

The Penn St. Faithful showed our group the best time I have ever had at any road venue. They were respectful and classy. They welcomed us with open arms. I was humbled at how well we were treated. The Rathskeller is one hell of a bar. I asked several State people who they dis-liked because no one is that nice all the time and they said Ohio State........One of the best sports outings ever. Thanks

Vin_vermillion

They are complete horses asses to Michigan and OSU fans alike.

you were lucky - they put on a PR promotion for their fans to act with class.

also - when they lose they dont say squat. It's when they win that they act like classless a holes.

glad you got to be a part of the PR production that made them seem like good fans.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Hook, good luck on the trip. Hope you guys show 'em that SEC football is the superior product.

First 12