daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Bama at Georgia (-7)

Let's talk UGA/Bama. This will be a late televised game with a lot of "doubling up". UGA is wearing the black jerseys this week and crushed Auburn and Hawaii last year in them. It's a little psyoclogical advantage maybe? Bama is a good team...but hasn't been test mid-season just yet. Arkansas is awful, but last weeks win was impressive none the less. The line has gone from 7.5 down to 6 and back up to 7.5 in some places...what do you think?
    Last edited by daneblazer; 09-24-08 at 10:49 AM. Reason: 1

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Alabama had a great road win against Clemson to open the year and they just dismantled Arkansas on the road. I dont think Alabama will be intimidated with those results and Nick Saban as coach. The game is going to be a offensive struggle, becuase both teams will put 8 in the box more than likely

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am all over Bama. I think Georgia is an example of one of those highly overated teams, that will steadily drop in the rankings now that SEC play is really heating up. And Bama is one of those highly underrated teams that will keep moving on up just like the Jeffersons....I've got Bama winning straight up so getting 7 points is a steal in my mind

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Well I'm a SEC fan and know every team fairly well. This Alabama team is kind of interesting because they show a lot of promise. But we all need to keep in mind that this team has young players in some key role spots. If they can come into this game with the confidence and don't turn the rock over and play hard up defense then you looking at a Alabama upset. Saban wants this win bad because he know this is his chance to be in National Championship talk. But on Georgia side of the ball they will be HOME for there first SEC BIG matchup. This is big time advantage for the Bulldogs as they go up against a young BAMA team. I'm thinking about Bama but something is stopping me from playing this game! But the better play is BAMA +7

***AND GUYS IF YOU CAN GET BUY THE HALF TO GET IT AT 7.5! THIS COULD BE A 7 POINT GAME LIKE THE SOUTH CAROLINA AND GEORGIA

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Both have stout run defenses unless John parker Wilson can make big pass plays...alabama may get lost in the sea of black!
    Liking Georgia -7

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Bama is a good team...but hasn't been test mid-season just yet.
    And lemme tell you, Georgia has had many tests up to now... Georgia struggled against a terrible S.C team... And Arizona St doesnt count, they lost to UNLV... This is also Georgia's first test...

allergic2broke
    allergic2broke's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bama +7 all the way...throwing a little on the ML too.

mogwai
    mogwai's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Bama +7 and also straight up. The final will be something like 13-10.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone see that you tube video that came out today where the Bama strength coach says "They're wearing black because their going to a MotherFn funeral"??? Pretty funny stuff

thegeeksheet
    thegeeksheet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Let's talk UGA/Bama. This will be a late televised game with a lot of "doubling up". UGA is wearing the black jerseys this week and crushed Auburn and Hawaii last year in them. It's a little psyoclogical advantage maybe? Bama is a good team...but hasn't been test mid-season just yet. Arkansas is awful, but last weeks win was impressive none the less. The line has gone from 7.5 down to 6 and back up to 7.5 in some places...what do you think?

This game comes down to whether or not Bama can run the football, if Bama can get it done on the ground they have a shot, if not JPW won’t get it done for them. If you don’t believe me go spend sometime studying their 4 games this year as well as last years. Take last week, they rushed for nearly 10ypr vs Arkansas, and only had 15 pass atts (also benefited from 4 Arkansas TOs). UGA’s defense is allowing 2.0 ypr, and despite what anyone wants to say has played some decent offenses (the offensive teams they have played are averaging 352 ypg). I wouldn’t put too much stock in the UNLV loss by ASU as that was an obvious look ahead scenario, and if you play that card you need to also mention the Alabama - Tulane game where they mighty tide offense mustered up 162 yards offense.

Bama’s got a pretty good defense, but UGA’s got an equally if not better offense, and has certainly played better defenses thus far than Bama’s defenses has faced offenses. A lot of has been made of Bama thus far, but every week Clemson plays as they get into the meat of their season I think that victory will look less and less impressive. You can pretty much throw out the game vs Western Kentucky as this is the 1st year they are actually playing a full D1 schedule (they played 7 D1AA and 5 SBC teams last year and went 7-5, you do the math)…the Tide barely beat Tulane in a pretty obvious let down situation. They did beat up Arkansas, but they are for sure the worst team in the conference, and even then 4 TOs a couple defensive TDs, and just completely running over Arkansas’s defense on the ground doesn’t exactly give me confidence they are a balanced offense ready for a legit top 15 defense.

My guess is Bama struggles to get it done on the ground, and unless UGA gives them a couple gifts, or some very good Tide special teams play UGA will pull await later in the game. My math projections call for 3.5 ypr (4.4 yppl) for bama and around 320 yards offense, UGA (by my estimation) is in the 360 range at about 5.5 yppl. I’ll go with UGA 30 Alabama 17, although I wouldn’t really touch it because there is a lot of speculation (in my opinion) as to what to really expect from Alabama, consider me cautiously skeptical but interested in Alabama. I’ll give them this; they are certainly ahead of where I thought they’d thus far.

BadFinger
    BadFinger's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think bama covers but georgia wins su.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

lets not forget about some of the key match ups.
    Stafford/Wilson, we all know who wins that battle
    Bama D-line/UGA O-line, this will be the question for UGA. UGAs got some young inexperienced guys on the line, and missing 2 best O-lineman.
    Green/Bama DBs, yet to be seen

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I am liking Bama +7 also if not winning straight up...