TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Weekday Games Research+Picks

Tulane (-17)
    USC (-25.5)
    Louisville (-3.5)
    Alabama (+7)
    Penn State (-14)

SMU has gotten killed 3 out of 4 games, including by Rice 27-56. They've ran for a COMBINED 150 yards in 4 games so far. All 4 teams they've played have put up 200+ passing and rushing yards outside of Texas Tech (180 rushing yards). Texas State University scored 36 points on them! Their running into a Tulane team that held Alabama and John Parker Wilson to 73 passing yards. They havent gave up over 80 yards of rushing to anybody they've played, which includes East Carolina and Alabama. Tulane BIG, right?

Laying 20+ on the road is a recipe for disaster, but if Oregon State's QB (Moevao) throws 2 interceptions against Stanford and Penn State, how many do you think he will throw against USC? The guy's threw the ball 41 and 54 times in Oregon State's losses this year. If Moevao starts slinging the football around it will be a field day for USC. The total in this game is 51.5. USC will AT LEAST put up 40 on this pathetic Oregon State team, no matter where this game is played. Oregon State should luck into about 10 points if Moevao slings the football around like Brett Favre's long lost brother. The over should work nicely in this one

I'm sure you'll call bias on this one, but UConn has played nobody. The one road game they did play was a 12-9 OVERTIME win against Temple. Donald Brown is a nice back, but Louisville's run defense has looked good so far. Tyler Lorenzen isn't exactly Tom Brady in the pocket. Connecticut doesn't have the ability to throw the football and thats is Louisville's biggest liablity defensively. Louisville's offense looked horrible against Kentucky, but like I said, rivalry games bring out the best and worst in teams. Throw in revenge for the infamous "fair catch" last year and I believe Louisville wins big here.

Yes, Georgia is #3 in the country and at home against Alabama. I'm just not sold that Georgia is head and shoulders above the rest of the top teams in the SEC. Alabama has played great so far this year, including a huge road win against Clemson. I don't think Alabama will be scared and the running game will be huge. I see 2 talented backs in Moreno of Georgia and Coffee of Alabama. Alabama went in and dominated Arkansas on the road. I'm just not sure that this game will be decided by more than 1 score. John Parker Wilson's time has come to be a leader and I think he gets the job done on Saturday. I might consider the Alabama ML later, but right now Alabama +7 looks good to me

Penn State will have its first true test Saturday when Juice Williams and the Fighting Illini come to town. The weak link in this game is the Illinois defense though. Louisiana Lafayette almost pulled a huge upset over Illinois last week, but the Illini came away with a 20-17 win. The defense played better than the week before, but a 3 point victory against Louisiana Lafayette isn't going to get them ready for Penn State. Eastern Illinois rolled up 180 yards of rushing and scored 21 points on Illinois. Penn State has looked dominant so far this season and I expect them to shred the Illini's pitiful defense and win by 3+ scores

Love to hear some comments (havent seen much about the weekday games so far)
    Last edited by TPowell; 09-24-08 at 07:11 PM.

TPowell

Right now if I had to choose I'd prolly do the following. Honestly the more I think about 25.5 points of chalk on the road the worse USC looks.

Louisville- 3 units
    Tulane- 2 units
    USC- 1 unit

rossta4i
    rossta4i's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4613

If history plays itself out Oregon St. covered the last three games played in Oregon. Two of them SU winners. USC is 5-5 ATS when playing Oregon St. I would be weary of this game, I don't wanna steer you away from your plays. GL with what every you pick.

I'm with you on the Tulane game, June Jones teams don't play defense. He just wanna score, but what I seen till now SMU doesn't have his system down yet. QB's reads is a little slow right now, and don't know if he's on the same page with his WR's.

GL bro

bosterosoy
    bosterosoy's Avatar Become A Pro!

With you on Louisville and Tulane.

With USC chalk does not apply, they should cruise; however, will only make a small play on them.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

Have you checked the stats of UGAs defense?
    They allowed a total of 4 yds rushing last week. I think the total rushing yds allowed this yr is some where around 70. Alabama wont be able to run the ball. Ugas passing defense is average at best. The question will be if UGA can get pressure on Wilson.

UGAs offense well we all know Moreno will get his. Probally not as spectatular as other games though. Bama will have the best defense they have seen this yr. Stafford will come out throwing ball just like last week b/c Bama will have the box stacked. AJ Green is going to have another big game.

Its going to be a close game but I think UGA wins by 3 to 7 points. I doubt I'll touch the spread on this game. Big game for both teams though and its going to be a good one.

TPowell

I checked it, but Alabama's running game is nothing to sneeze at. The Coffee kid has had some huge games so far this year and I dont think Georgia will completely shut down the run.

bosterosoy
    bosterosoy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arizona State's running back was injured last week.

TPowell

The top few games I'm going to play unless something drastic happens, but the bottom few I'm not really as sure about.

Alabama (+7)
    Penn State (-14)
    Syracuse (+15.5)
    Notre Dame (-1)
    Rice (-17.5)

Miami FL (-7.5)
    Minnesota (+17.5)
    Auburn (-6.5)
    Florida State (-5.5)
    South Florida (-8.5)

atlsportsfan
    atlsportsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I had to bet the GA Alabama game I would have to take the points but with that being said the dawgs are having a blackout Saturday night in Athens and are wearing those black jerseys, so if you remember last year they killed Auburn at home when they did this and looked like a completely different football team. Dont know how this helps but it sure gets em up for the game. Saban will have his guys ready as well, too tough to call, should be a great game.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

IF you want a action on the USC v oregon state game think about the over 50 or 51 Usc could cover that on their own but i expect more like usc 41 oregon state 17, oregon state has gone over 52 combined points each of their 3 games this year. oregon state could score in the 20s at home. Just a thought im on the over 50 Good luck.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

alabama win over clemson was on a neutral site

TPowell

oh was it? I watched the whole game and failed to figure out where the game was played....nice. Anyways they looked impressive either way. I'm thinking about both overs for Thursday and probably the under for Friday. No way Louisville and UConn can even get to 40 points imo

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Thank you, someone else is finally on Rice. I have hit 2 BIG games (1 each week) and mine this week is Rice. The have the offense to put up 50+ and North Texas has one of the worst teams in football. If LSU didn't have Auburn the week after NT they would have won by 60 instead of 40. I think this one is a no brainer but if your weary, take the .5 point and get them at -17.

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I checked it, but Alabama's running game is nothing to sneeze at. The Coffee kid has had some huge games so far this year and I dont think Georgia will completely shut down the run.
    Bama hasnt played a decent team all year. and they sure havent played a defense as good as the Dawgs. So is your expecting them to put up points like they did on Clemson and Arkansas you may be shocked.
    Dawgs have played an excelant defense with South Carolina. But Bama will be even better on defense I expect.
    Dawgs win 24-17

TPowell

Either way I think Alabama stays within a score of Georgia which would cover

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Either way I think Alabama stays within a score of Georgia which would cover
    the line is coming down. BetJ has 6.5
    I suspect it will be down to 4 by game time due to everyone on the Bama bandwagon. We'll see.

TPowell

I've got a little on +7..... was gonna put more later if the line went up. I thought I heard the line was back at 7.5 a few hours ago?

TPowell

I'll probably start a new topic tommorow with my final plays for the week but here is what I have so far. Keep in mind this isnt including teasers, moneyline parlays, and totals.

Tulane (-17)
    USC/Oregon State OVER 51.5
    Louisville (-3)
    Alabama (+7)
    Penn State (-14)
    Syracuse (+15.5)
    Miami FL (-7.5)
    Duke (-7)
    Arkansas State (-1.5)
    Rice (-17.5)
    Oregon (-20.5)
    Cal (-26.5)