View Poll Results: Will West Virginia coach Bill Stewart be fired before the end of the season?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 30.00%
  • No

10 50.00%
  • Yes, after the end of the year

4 20.00%
    St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will West Virginia coach Bill Stewart be fired before the end of the season?

If you saw tonight's game, you saw a head coach who had no control of his team, mismanaged the clock, permitted the worst play-calling in the history of a college game, and put an unfocused and undisciplined team onto the field. Worst of all, his body language depicted a defeated and desperate man.

Will Bill Stewart be fired before the end of the season?

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fire him now....he's not a coach..just clueless

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

No They just gave that Bum a 6 year contract extension...WTF I still cant believe WVU is 1-2 and has scored 17 points in 2 games. Thank you bill stewart I basically went all in on this game.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    No They just gave that Bum a 6 year contract extension...WTF I still cant believe WVU is 1-2 and has scored 17 points in 2 games. Thank you bill stewart I basically went all in on this game.
    I know six years?? why not wait a few games to see if he's any good...total BS...when Pat White leaves they'll be nothing

maniac0201
    maniac0201's Avatar Become A Pro!

He'll get more than one season.

Unless they get 3 wins or something.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Again...Im not whining, you guys are right total friggin embarrassment....I am sooo ashamed right now, this is basically the same team that knocked off Georgia and Oklahoma in BCS bowl games minus coach of course...Really really bad......Im no fair weather fan I watched the Major take WVU to the national title game in '88 and have been addicted ever since....watched almost evry game since that day and have never seen anything quite so bad....even in the Nehlen days (god bless) when we lost to Miami and VT on last second disasters....even when we lost to Bowling Green in 90', even when...oh I dont know Im fVCKing disgusted right now....worst clownshow mess Ive ever seen from a coaching staff......Total BS.......I quit

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by maniac0201 View Post
    He'll get more than one season.

Unless they get 3 wins or something.
    I agree, even if they fail to make a bowl this year I think he returns next year.

St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I agree, even if they fail to make a bowl this year I think he returns next year.
    That could be the case, but I think it would be wrong and the alumni would be mad as hell! If you can't get to a bowl game with two rocket-men (White and Devine) in a weak conference, you have a coach that deserves immediate firing. This is a team that expects to be in a title hunt, not fighting for a bowl game.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Steve Kragthorpe still has a job after running a National Title team out of a ****ing bowl game. Your stuck the next couple years just like us I believe

teaserpleaser

Can They fire him without paying him?? maybe a buyout sucks because i think they gave him the extension 2 weeks ago... who decided that dumb shit?? The same people who gave Wannstedt his extension??

awhitejackson

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Steve Kragthorpe still has a job after running a National Title team out of a ****ing bowl game. Your stuck the next couple years just like us I believe
    I know Louisville was an embarrassment with all the talent they had last year...I really root hard for them when we dont play each other...Im almost glad this is my last year in Motown...Too much dissapointment.....GL this weekend

awhitejackson

Now I know what Cleveland Browns fans feel like

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

All I can say was wow. I had the under so I rather enjoyed the game. But what a mess... I don't think I've ever seen a worse coaching job. EVER. Rodriguez would have won that game by two TDs. I really believe that. Horrible, horrible play calling. Horrible. And the debacle at the end when they were driving the ball...had crossed the 50 yard line...and basically let the time run out? I've never seen anything like it. I had it on mute and had to go back and listen to the announcers, who were incredulous. What a game. I picked up 1.5 units on the under, despite a 14-7 score after 8 minutes, so I am happy, but still. If I was a WV fan, I'd be crying right now... On a side note, look for Michigan to be very good in 3-4 years.

teaserpleaser

yeah once michigan gets some speed at QB michigan will be back... WVU not so much Bill Stewart the worst coaching performance i've ever seen... Colin Cowheard called this yesterday morning one of his Two upset picks of the year. WTF

teaserpleaser

I was so pissed off at the end of the game that I forgot that he had to use a timeout on an extra point ....LOL at that a timeout on a extra point WVU is in trouble Never thought i would say this but WVU has a legit chance to go 6-6 Auburn and USF are losses Cinn,@pitt,@louisville@ UConn From What i see they can Lose any of those games I think they would be lucky to go 2-2 in that 4 Going to be brutal watching that WVU Vs Pitt game...

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stewart is earning 800K this year, and even with the extension, WVU could fire him in December for 1 million.

It is simple math....800K for another year of Stewart in 2009, or fire him in December 2008 for 1 million.

That would be a 200K hit to fire him plus the cost of the next coaching salary....not terribly expensive.

HOMAR
    HOMAR's Avatar Become A Pro!

KILL THE BASTARD...HE HAVE 1 MINUTE LEFT AND 2 TIMEOUT ..OR 1 AT LEAST ..THEY WAS IN THE YARD 48 OF COLORADO.....AND HE DO NOT STOP THE CLOCK.. HE ITS STUPIT. AND MORE STUPID THE PEOPLE WHO PUT HIM IN FRONT OF THIS GOOD TEAM....I CANT BELIVE HOW HEY LOOSE YESTERDAY...

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've heard he put a big bet against his team. He should be fired...

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I'm going over last night's game in my head and I'm still picturing WV killing them. I simply don't understand the play calling. Colorado couldn't do anything on offense for 50 of the 60 minutes, and WV kept running the same 2 running plays over and over. That game should have been a massacre. That one stung big time

teaserpleaser

It was on ESPN this morning...watching it with no $$ intrest it you really see all the spots that Bill Stewart and WVU screwed up. Colin Cowheard flamed him this morning on ESPN radio I ALMOST feel sorry for the guy.... Almost

atlsportsfan
    atlsportsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpete57@ View Post
    I'm going over last night's game in my head and I'm still picturing WV killing them. I simply don't understand the play calling. Colorado couldn't do anything on offense for 50 of the 60 minutes, and WV kept running the same 2 running plays over and over. That game should have been a massacre. That one stung big time
    Yes it did w virginia was not supposed to lose that game. Games like this are the ones that make you gun shy on your picks. I had a hard time going to sleep after this one. Couldnt get a damn 3rd and 1 all night and how bout that qb sneak , bad play calling, clock management ect....... I could go on and on but thats in the past and its time to move on!!!!!!!! Man I feel better

Mic Lowrey
    Mic Lowrey's Avatar Become A Pro!

he's not leaving...he's coaching a team that is still struggling to find out who they are. Pretty much the whole team left last year to the NFL or graduated. Thats not his problem.

I just dont understand how they couldnt even throw the ball.... i mean even last year pat was still throwing a little bit. Thats what gets him his runs.

Terrible offense play calling....

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

WV had running plays of 4 and 5 yards all night long, but somehow when it was third and short, they'd get conservative and try to run up the middle. It was unbelievable really. Only genius call was the trick play double pass where a guy was wide open but they gave the ball who couldn't throw worth crap. I hope no potential recruits saw that game.