TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

TPowell's Plays+Writeups

Last week I tested out a dumbass system that I wish I wouldnt have but I'm gonna make sure I go all the way with my picks this week. This includes a writeup

KANSAS JAYHAWKS (2-0) @ SOUTH FLORIDA BULLS (2-0)

Both of these teams have racked up wins against less than stellar competition so far. South Florida's close call last Saturday was a rivalry game that obviously meant more to UCF than it did USF. Kansas is a solid football team, but you dont just come into Raymond James Stadium and expect to win. South Florida is 10-2 at home the past couple seasons. These teams are very equal on paper but homefield advantage is too good to pass up in this game. The big difference here is Matt Grothe. Grothe struggled against Kansas 2 years ago as a redshirt freshman. This time Grothe has the ability to throw the ball with consistency and scramble when he has to.

SOUTH FLORIDA (-3) (1 unit)
    Last edited by TPowell; 09-11-08 at 09:49 AM.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Grothe is a gunslinger....Reminds me of a young Elway.... Hard call in this game....GL to you...Jackson

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Im on the other side, but GL w/ the rest of your plays . . .

Keep up the good work

TPowell

North Carolina (1-0) @ Rutgers (0-1)

Both teams struggled in Week 1 with Rutgers getting shelled by Fresno State and North Carolina just sliding by McNeese State 35-27 (a 1AA school). Rutgers was dominated at home, but Fresno State is a very talented football team. This is the perfect game for Rutgers after being embarassed. The Scarlet Knights will be ready for redemption when the Tar Heels roll into town. Rutgers struggled on the ground against Fresno, but they will get a look at a much inferior run defense tonight. I like Rutgers to come out swinging and win this game by at least 2 scores.

Rutgers (-5) (2 units)

TPowell

Penn State (2-0) @ Syracuse (0-2)

Penn State has been in the news for all the wrong reasons so far this year, but their on the field play is what people will be talking about when conference play starts. Syracuse has lost it's first 2 games of the season by an average of 17 points. Akron and Northwestern are no Penn State. Both of these teams ran for over 200 yards against Syracuse's pitiful excuse for a defense. Syracuse has passed for an average of 119 yards a game. Penn State is excellent against the run and have proved it already this year (holding opponents to 72 ypg). Syracuse won't be able to run the football at all and will be forced to throw the ball early on. This spells disaster for Syracuse and MONEY for you.

Penn State (-27.5) (1 unit)
    Last edited by TPowell; 09-13-08 at 12:14 AM.

seriousaddiction
    seriousaddiction's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cam is officially in at QB thank god. Andrew Robinson is out and it's the best thing thats happened to Cuse since he got there...Look for their offense to score this week. I think it will be closer than alot of people think..

BOL on ur play though

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I hate to play against Kansas right now, but best of luck with your plays TP.

TPowell

removed pick Sat. morning
    Last edited by TPowell; 09-13-08 at 12:14 AM.

TPowell

Washington State (0-2) @ Baylor (1-1)

These are two horrible football teams to start with. They probably couldn't form a decent team if they combined talent. Wazzu has been handled easily in both of its games, including a 66-3 drubbing at the hands of Cal. Baylor blew past a 1AA team last week, but was drilled 41-13 by Wake Forest the week before. Home field advantage is usually the deciding factor in games where the talent level is close. I'd give the slight edge in talent to Baylor and only laying a point or two makes Baylor a no brainer to me.

Baylor (-1) (2 units)
    Last edited by TPowell; 09-12-08 at 11:34 AM.

TPowell

SMU (1-1) @ Texas Tech (2-0)

The field is currently UNDERWATER. The problem is with the non campus drainage spot. I dont see the field being in good shape at all tommorow. Texas Tech has urged fans to use caution when driving to the stadium and to not park in the grass. I dont think SMU can even score enough for this over to hit on a perfect surface. I've got a 60% chance of rain tommorow in Lubbock as well.

SMU (+36) and UNDER 68 (1 unit each)

TPowell

Saturday's Teasers

California (-9.5) vs Maryland
    Clemson (-16.5) vs North Carolina State
    1 unit to win 0.80 units

Oregon State (-6.5) vs Hawaii
    Fresno State (+7.5) vs Wisconsin
    1 unit to win 0.45 units

Ball State (-2.5) vs Akron
    Utah (-20.5) vs Utah State
    1 unit to win 0.70 units

Kentucky (-13.5) vs Middle Tenn. State
    BYU (-2.5) vs UCLA
    1 unit to win 0.60 units

USC (-6.5) vs Ohio State
    Oklahoma (-16.5) vs Washington
    1 unit to win 0.55 units

Georgia Tech (+10.5) vs Virginia Tech
    Missouri (-20.5) vs Nevada
    1 unit to win 0.50 units

Georgia (-2.5) vs South Carolina
    UConn (-6.5) vs Virginia
    1 unit to win to win 0.55 units

Tennessee (-27.5) vs UAB
    Utah/Utah State OVER 44.5
    1 unit to win 0.50 units
    Last edited by TPowell; 09-13-08 at 12:31 AM.

TPowell

Looks like a winning day no matter what right now, My totals are off, I need to re-add those after tonight but outside of Kentucky and Cal I've been solid on the teasers

TPowell

hope everybody had a good CFB week. If Fresno State cashes +7.5 then I'm up over 3 units today, if not I'm up close to 2 units.