seriousaddiction
    seriousaddiction's Avatar Become A Pro!

Serious Addiction CFBL thread

Post my plays at another site and decided why not spread the wealth...have a documented winning NBA, MLB and so far CFBL and NFL season

write-ups upon request as I am a very busy man

Ball St -7 3 units

Houston -4.5 2 units

SMU +37 2 units

Rice +7 2 units

Bowling Green +16.5 (still waiting for 17) 2 units

Purdue +8 2 units

Would love other posters input and opinions
    Last edited by seriousaddiction; 09-10-08 at 01:39 PM.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I'm not sold on betting against Vandy at home. Rice has given up a lot of points in their first 2 games and I dont see them putting up a lot of points on Vandy

seriousaddiction

Few reasons I'm on Rice...One being Vandy is not all they are cracked up to be..They beat up on a shitty mac team and then caught SC in a look ahead game. Everyone is praising's vandys defense and with good reason but....Vandy defense is solid and only solid against the RUN...this is where they live and this is where they would like to stay but unfortuneatly for them the only guy who runs for Rice is Clement, and that is only when he is flushed out of the pocket. I say Rice catches Vandy sleeping and wins this game straight up. Clement will get his numbers no matter who they are playing and Vandy is no different. Like I said above...if Rice was heavy on the run , say like air force or navy, then I would back off but this is a team who scores through the air

Bol to you though this week

By no means am I saying Vandy secondary is weak (MOORE IS ALL AMERICAN IMO) but I dont get the hype about Hamilton and Langford...I think they are better against the run (THIS YEAR) and will continue to be better against the run...I say Rice wins through the air
    Last edited by seriousaddiction; 09-11-08 at 08:29 AM.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I dont think I could bet this game anyway, Laying that many with VANDY never turns out good. The line has fell 2 points already though.

EDIT: I like Ball State too, I might consider teasing it down a little bit though. Ball State is the class of the MAC imo

Jroc85
    Jroc85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I want to pull the trigger on the smu game, but cant convince myself. Your input?

seriousaddiction

Bo Levi is not looking over his shoulder anymore...June Jones and Levi have found a stud in a number one reciever in Aldrick Robinson. Everyone knows SMU defense might be the worst in all college football but this game is something SMU players will be looking forward too...They get a big time team and they get to put their high octane offense on display as more people will be paying attention to them as usual. This line is absolutely ridiculous . I just don't understand how you can give a team more than 5td's when they themselves are VERY capable of scoring 30+ points. Tech defense has much improved but I still see SMU scoring a lot. Levi to Robinson is something you will be hearing a lot of over the next couple years..get used to it

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I was at the Memphis Rice game last weekend and was not impressed. Memphis threw a pick on Rice's 8 yrd line at the end of the 1st half and then again with 25 sec left in the game for the game winning pick 6. Rice dropped a lot of passes and the QB had a lot of pressure against a crap D line of Memphis. I am staying away but I don't feel rice will pull this one out.

seriousaddiction

Im a bigtime situational bettor...This has little to do with the overall talent of both teams although I do think Rice has the talent to hang with Vandy...I am betting more on this situation...I like where Vandy is in this spot...

BOL though Tigers

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5944

BOL this week SA.. Nice write ups.. I'm with you on Rice this week.. We just have to watch out for DJ Moore.. He will be able to make big plays for Vandy's D..

Boy Jeenyus
    Boy Jeenyus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck to you. We're in the same boat. I've posted at a couple of other sites for years too. I found this one and it's pretty easy to cut/paste posts. I've had a lot of fun over the years at other sites and made many friends from get-togethers in Vegas.

Personally I don't bet many Vandy games. I'm an alumni and their gridders have given me enough misery over the years without taking my money. I think they will win Sat, but a td is a lot to lay. I'll root for the Dores and if they win without a cover I'll be fine.

I don't have a large card this weekend. I did bet Air Force. I was impressed with their road win at New Mex. Good luck to you on the rest of them.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vandy has been my strongest plays for the first 2 weeks and no different here... This isnt the Vandy teams of the past this team has SEC talent... by the way Vandy isnt weak through the air The secondary is the strength of the team and Vandy always brings a strong pass rush. (Vandy has a legit SEC level defense, probably the best overall secondary in the SEC, Rice will have a hard time with Chris Nickson and the read option.) I have Vandy -6.5 and they need this game if they even want to sniff a bowl! Good luck

teaserpleaser

When I say the strength of the team both safetys are 3 year starters, CB DJ moore was first team all-SEC last year and looks even better this year, The other CB Myron Lewis is very good coverage man hes 2 year starter(hes #5 hes the one who gets thrown at because teams dont want to throw at DJ). Vandy plays Nickle backs Josh Allen is a SR who has started 10 games at CB and played a lot. Jared Fagan has started as well.

seriousaddiction

I'm not doubting DJ one bit teaser...Theres a reason opponents throw all over the field AWAY from him as he is not one of the best corners in the SEC, but one of the best corners in the country. But I've followed Vandy pretty closely all year and the end of last year and I am not as impressed with Hamilton and Langford as everyone else in the football world is. I know scouts and people who do this for living has Vandy as one of the best secondary's in the country but With the exception of DJ Moore I just dont see it. IMO, and this may not be the case statistically, I think they are better against the run. This very might well have something to do with the fact that teams are afraid of Moore and the rest of their corner/safety combos. Either way...Rice knows who they have to deal with and they have the talent to do so. Moore will be busy with Dillard in almost every scheme and he will have his hands full. Dillard is as good or better than ANY reciever in the SEC and IMO one of the most complete and talented receivers in NCAAFBL.

no matter what you do teaser I wish you BOL

thegeeksheet
    thegeeksheet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by seriousaddiction View Post
    Few reasons I'm on Rice...One being Vandy is not all they are cracked up to be..They beat up on a shitty mac team and then caught SC in a look ahead game. Everyone is praising's vandys defense and with good reason but....Vandy defense is solid and only solid against the RUN...this is where they live and this is where they would like to stay but unfortuneatly for them the only guy who runs for Rice is Clement, and that is only when he is flushed out of the pocket. I say Rice catches Vandy sleeping and wins this game straight up. Clement will get his numbers no matter who they are playing and Vandy is no different. Like I said above...if Rice was heavy on the run , say like air force or navy, then I would back off but this is a team who scores through the air (somewhere Vandy is weak)

Bol to you though this week

i am not sure i agree with you that Vandy is weak vs the pass, they return all 8 of their 2 deep secondary from last year's unit which only allowed 197 passing ypg and at a 6.3 yarrds per pass attempt average which is very good. They are allowing 238 ypg thus far this season at 5.9 ypa so as you would expect returning that kind of depth they are improving some (5.9 vs 6.2), although i agree with you that the comp hasn't been stiff, but one could argue the same with the defenses Rice has faced.

seriousaddiction

not weak vs the pass. I just think they are better vs the run. They have an AA in Moore playing Corner and again I dont get the hype over Hamilton and Langford. Only time will tell...They haven't played a passing attack like Clement/Dillard yet this year. Moore will be tested

seriousaddiction

surprised none of the ducks are quacking at me for taking purdue

teaserpleaser

Yep good luck

PerfecTrader
    PerfecTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by seriousaddiction View Post
    Post my plays at another site and decided why not spread the wealth...have a documented winning NBA, MLB and so far CFBL and NFL season

write-ups upon request as I am a very busy man

Ball St -7 3 units

Houston -4.5 2 units

SMU +37 2 units

Rice +7 2 units

Bowling Green +16.5 (still waiting for 17) 2 units

Purdue +8 2 units

Would love other posters input and opinions
    Thanks for posting your picks, I may jump on Rice. I'd be interested in the other site you post your plays at so I can maybe gather some intel from that site as well. Lemme know, I'd appreciate it

seriousaddiction

Quote Originally Posted by PerfecTrader View Post
    Thanks for posting your picks, I may jump on Rice. I'd be interested in the other site you post your plays at so I can maybe gather some intel from that site as well. Lemme know, I'd appreciate it

rx

seriousaddiction

Bump

2-1 +2.8 units on the day

teaserpleaser

seems like everybody was on rice +7 it was all in my two paragraphs on this thread Rice has no D Vandy has a excellent D a SEC D and the read option will cause Rice problems: Vandy 38 Rice 21... Its a good D that can keep that Rice offense under 30 (Because of their value I studied vanderbilt like the back of my hand I know Chris Nickson and that team better than they know themselves.) 3 weeks in row Vandy is $$$$