bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma football program avoids a scare.

Oklahoma determines Peterson's car deal is legitimate

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) - Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson did not violate NCAA regulations by buying a car and returning it several weeks later, the school's compliance department has determined.

Peterson, the runner-up for the 2004 Heisman Trophy, secured a financing agreement and drove the car for several weeks last winter but then returned it, said Bonita Jackson, Peterson's mother.

``We were gonna purchase the car, but the payments were gonna be too high, so we took the car back,'' Jackson told The Oklahoman, which first reported the story Wednesday.

Oklahoma officials determined Peterson did not receive an extra benefit that is not available to the general student body.

``Federal law pertaining to students prohibits the discussion of internal reviews in specific terms, but we did initiate a review pertaining to an automobile dealership and its interaction with a student-athlete,'' Oklahoma associate athletic director Keith Gill said in a statement. ``We have pursued the matter in exhaustive fashion over a five-month period. Based on the information we have gathered, we do not believe NCAA rules violations have occurred.''

The dealership, Big Red Sports and Imports, regularly allowed customers who signed contracts to drive the cars for a period of time before financing had been secured, said Brad McRae, the dealership's part-owner at the time of Peterson's agreement.

``We didn't do anything wrong,'' McRae said. ``Is it standard operating business practice? Yes, it's standard operating business practice.''

Peterson's stepfather said his family is committed to keeping Peterson eligible for football.

``This is our child's future,'' Frankie Jackson said. ``We don't want anything to happen to him because of some silly car deal. We're not going to do anything to jeopardize his future.''

Oklahoma also investigated the employment of football players by the dealership but found no violations.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

What a shame it would be if this guy makes a stupid choice just one year from being a top pick next year cause he gonna leave early thats for sure. Was starting to remind me of the Clarett saga.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do Vince Young and Adrian Peterson have in common?

BOTH OF THEIR FATHERS ARE IN PRISON

Just like I was telling my friend the other day. When these guys are born, it's basically a flip of the coin rather they will be poor their entire life, selling drugs, and in priison OR be a professional athlete.

Quite a differecne between the two. Semms to be a very small percentage that find middle ground.

I'd love the Colts to get Peterson next year, but it won't happen.