southmadejd
    southmadejd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 830

Southmade's Southern Hospitality

Hey everybody. Finally decided to start my own thread. I do fairly well at MMA and wanted to start this thread so I could start to keep track of my picks seriously and my units. I also wanted to give others the chance to follow, tail, fade, or just shit on my thread if they want to.

I have been watching MMA for years and feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the sport.

I bet everything with bodog's lines because that is what my local uses. I very rarely will bet a favorite of -300 or more unless it is wrapped up in a parlay. So anyways, here is my thread and I will be making picks whenever Bodog releases the lines for UFC Fight Night 24. Good luck everybody!!!!
    Points Awarded:

pinchylarue gave southmadejd 125 SBR Point(s) for this post.

southmadejd

Alright guys, sorry I have been slacking so badly about posting any MMA plays but I wish I did for the past few events because I could have made some people some money. Anyways, here are my first posted plays for Bellator 41:

Parlay:

(4x)Warren
    Friere

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Do you think there is a specific reason Friere missed weight? He looked alright, maybe the scales he used while cutting were just off.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd View Post
    Alright guys, sorry I have been slacking so badly about posting any MMA plays but I wish I did for the past few events because I could have made some people some money. Anyways, here are my first posted plays for Bellator 41:

Parlay:

(4x)Warren
    Friere
    I've made the same play. Definitely a couple of nice parlay opportunities on this card.

Best of luck!

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I can't lay that price on Freire against Reis. Especially if he missed weight.... Warren is a lock, but Idk who to parlay him with.

southmadejd

Sorry about the late responses guys....I didn't actually think anybody was watching this thread but I am still not sure why Pitbull missed weight but he looked great as usual and I think we were all pretty lucky with the Warren decision.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

you should open a 5dimes account. bodog occasionally has better lines on underdogs, but in general 5dimes will have more favorable lines and offers more props.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

nice win on the palay, you should more plays

southmadejd

Alright guys....here is my next play. It is a big one (at least for me)

5x Patricky Freire +127 (I actually got him at +127 at bookmaker and put 2.5x on him at that line and put another 2.5x on him at +110 today. I also might put another 1x or 2x on him before the fight.)

I just don't think Freire should be the underdog in this fight and although Michael Chandler has good wrestling and good top control, I just believe Freire will be entirely too athletic and quick for Chandler. I wasn't very impressed with Chandler's last victory against Woodard. I think he gassed after the first and he had enough heart to get the decision but if he gasses against Freire, heart wont be enough for him to win this fight. I hate picking against the wrestler but I honestly see this fight going a lot like Jose Aldo vs Mike Brown where Brown could not take Aldo down for the life of him and Aldo dominated Brown in the stand up. So follow me fellas and lets all make some money tonight (Seriously though, bet at your own risk. Just giving you guys my opinion) Good luck to everybody!!!

southmadejd

Just wanted to let you guys know I added another 5x on patricky freire. I feel really confident with this play but I wouldn't advise everybody else to put 10x on this but I just really love the play. So the final play is

10x Patricky Freire

Good luck everybody!

southmadejd

wow.....sorry if anybody tailed. I broke a cardinal rule....never bet against a top wrestler fighting against a striker/bjj guy. even though I thought patricky easily won the second round....but whatever

southmadejd

Jesus, I am sick thinking about how I just lost $1,000. Will somebody hold me and tell me everything will be alright?

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

was that more than 20% of your bankroll?

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

damn bro

southmadejd

Hey guys, sorry for the late post but I am watching Nick Ring beat the shit out of James Head right now and I forgot to post any of my picks. Here you go:

3X Demian Maia +107 (This fight will hit the ground and I promise you that Munoz does not have the submission defense to fend off Maia's attacks. Maia will have to take some punishment to get it but the submission will come eventually. Also, Maia has very underrated takedowns from the clinch and I think Munoz will clinch with him eventually and maybe even be surprised by Maia's ability to get him to the mat. I love the line for this fight)

5X Junior Dos Santos -175 (The way this fight will play out is by Carwin attempting to clinch with Dos Santos but Dos Santos will be far to quick on his feet and will continually catch Carwin coming in until eventually he puts Carwin to sleep. I don't think Carwin has that great of takedowns so I am not that worried about him taking down Dos Santos and even if he does, I don't think he will be able to keep him there.)

Like always guys, be careful with your bets and never bet more than you can handle. Good luck to everybody no matter what you bet. I hope we can all make some money tonight.

Btw, I really don't want to pay for the main event so please post a link if you have them. Take care big dicks.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

GL man. Santos is gonna make or break my night.

southmadejd

I am with Bookmaker now bro and I really want to run some parlays. I think I am going to have to withdraw my money and put it back into SportsInteraction but the reason I left them is because they limited me pretty hardcore on my MMA betting because I hit them hard like 3 times in a row. But before that it wasn't like I was breaking there bank....lol.

Btw, thanks for commenting in my thread. Once you have Illmatick in your thread you start to get some serious MMA cred....lol.

Seriously though, we were on the same poker table on Thursday and I kept trying to say what's up to you but I am not sure if you have the chat turned of or something when you are playing poker. Anyways best of luck to you bro. Hopefully both of us are going to make some good money.

southmadejd

Anybody else surprised one judge gave Munoz the first round? I actually thought I might get very lucky with a bad decision when I heard one judge scored the fight 30-27 because I really thought no one would give the first round to Munoz. Pretty good fight though. I added 2X more to Dos Santos at -170.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Yeah Maia should of got the first round for sure

southmadejd

How did you do tonight Vaughany?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd View Post
    How did you do tonight Vaughany?
    Solid night, almost 23 units profit I think.